Hi, planning a move to chiloe

Introduce yourself, discover who else is here, and get news and information about the forum. Most of all, tell us what Chile means for you.

Moderator: eeuunikkeiexpat

flordepiel

Re: Hi, planning a move to chiloe

Post by flordepiel » Mon Dec 28, 2015 6:29 pm

flordepiel wrote:
Donnybrook wrote:Gloria's posts always have golden nuggets in them. When she says you need to visit Chiloe and see for yourself, that is very good advice. As far as I know, none of the regular forum posters lives on Chiloe full time, although one knows it well and might chime in. So any advice might be heavily laden with perceptions rather than experience. The other thing is that friendly is a two way street. How friendly the natives are may depend on how they perceive you and whether they like you. That's something which can't be measured but has to be experienced. You seem to have gotten on fine so far where you have been but Chilotes are different to mainlanders.

That rain comes with low temperatures. I am not sure how cold it gets where you are/were in Panama. Winter on Chiloe can be very bleak and cold.

Chileans tend to be more reserved than some other Latin Americans and you may not find the outward warmth you seek. That's why you need to come and see for yourself.
Donny, can you recommend a warmer rainy place but not too warm? I like spring or fall but not freezing.
And can you explain the lack of outer warmth? In other words Chileans do not great each other with Buenas or Buenos dias in rural areas? What a bummmer wmaybe it isn't worth it.

flordepiel

Post by flordepiel » Mon Dec 28, 2015 6:31 pm

Can NO ONE understand that I am trying to gauge whether I WANT to venture a visit there? I don't think it even warrants a vist if the people are rude that's why I stay out of Paris. WHy come to the bottom of the Earth just to meet up with cold rude peopl? Can you people please make a little effort to describe the people in your neighborhood?

Space Cat

Post by Space Cat » Mon Dec 28, 2015 6:40 pm

flordepiel wrote:Can NO ONE understand that I am trying to gauge whether I WANT to venture a visit there? I don't think it even warrants a vist if the people are rude that's why I stay out of Paris. WHy come to the bottom of the Earth just to meet up with cold rude peopl? Can you people please make a little effort to describe the people in your neighborhood?
Uh, sorry, but discussing and judging people like you do is rude by itself.
So is discarding Gloria's opinion in the way you did.
So is bragging how "respectful and proper" your current society - you sound like a huge snob.

But I can assure you that Chileans are very friendly in general, including the ones from the South. I hope you will be happy here, welcome.

seawolf180

Post by seawolf180 » Mon Dec 28, 2015 6:45 pm

flordepiel wrote:Can NO ONE understand that I am trying to gauge whether I WANT to venture a visit there? I don't think it even warrants a vist if the people are rude that's why I stay out of Paris. WHy come to the bottom of the Earth just to meet up with cold rude peopl? Can you people please make a little effort to describe the people in your neighborhood?
You deserve no effort.
Youre a dick.
Don't Tread On Me Either.
crtv.com
conservativereview.com
Question Authority!

picalena

Post by picalena » Mon Dec 28, 2015 7:41 pm

pieldepapel -

If you were offended by Gloria's post, you won't survive a week here, especially in Chiloe. Chileans speak it straight and unforgiving. And if you are going to "DUDE" the administrator of this forum when he tries to give you some seriously important advice, then you are going to really piss off a Chilote, probably in less than a week. You may be 32, but that does not make you immortal. Chile is not the place for you. Look elsewhere.

cheers,
pl
A woodsman was once asked, “What would you do if you had just five minutes to chop down a tree?” He answered, “I would spend the first two and a half minutes sharpening my axe.” - Dubious source on the internet

Gloria

Post by Gloria » Mon Dec 28, 2015 8:12 pm

Correction: Chiloé is part of the Lakes Region. I had to look it up however the River Region is not. I'm assuming the maps are outdated. It's time to call the President!
I'm from the generation of common sense, wisdom and unfiltered answers. Anótese, comuníquese, publíquese, archívese.
Please remind me the reasons why I decided to come back!

mondaysme

Post by mondaysme » Mon Dec 28, 2015 10:51 pm

Hi,
We have been to Chiloe, Puerto Varas, Puerto Montt, Pucon, Talca, Santiago, Villarrica, Panguipulli, and Santa Cruz. We prefer the Villarrica-Pang region. Chiloe is beautiful in the summer but too rainy/dreary for me. Same for Puerto Varas and Montt. We really love the scenery in all of Southern Chile. We ended up buying near Pang. because of amazing lakes, mountains, volcano views, nice people, and lush landscape. The are looks much like East TN and Western NC but with bigger mountains and volcanos!

We explored Panama (end to end) several years ago and were very disappointed in the way we were treated while there and concerned about still being tied to the US dollar. We liked the peninsula area near David and the mountain are near Panama city.

Good luck. Don't take the forum too seriously. Everyone has there own opinions and many are sarcastic. Sometimes funny, sometimes offensive, but each one usually has a bit of useful info included.

regioncentralX

Post by regioncentralX » Mon Dec 28, 2015 11:00 pm

Speculation --- it might be El Puelche, wouldn't be the first time he got his jollies posing as a feisty, wannabe expat in Chile of the gender with no miembro :P Great popcorn eating script to watch: Gen Y, know-it-all, progeny of expats asking for/demanding "help" but instead doing battle against the forum old timers (yes most of us here are of previous generations) as they are not answering the way the asker for help wants.
¡ This is Sshiile Weon !

Gloria

Post by Gloria » Mon Dec 28, 2015 11:20 pm

Foul odor in the air.....a troll! :boom:
I'll bring reinforcement!

PDT_Armataz_01_38 PDT_Armataz_01_38 PDT_Armataz_01_41 PDT_Armataz_01_42 PDT_Armataz_01_40 PDT_Armataz_01_36 PDT_Armataz_01_35 PDT_Armataz_01_41 PDT_Armataz_01_42 PDT_Armataz_01_41

Esta es la Armada de Chile. Pobre del weón que se acerque!
I'm from the generation of common sense, wisdom and unfiltered answers. Anótese, comuníquese, publíquese, archívese.

Donnybrook

Post by Donnybrook » Mon Dec 28, 2015 11:27 pm

Gloria, sent you a PM.

Gloria

Post by Gloria » Mon Dec 28, 2015 11:34 pm

Got it! A reply in few mins will follow.! Thanks. Sent!!!

Andres

Post by Andres » Mon Dec 28, 2015 11:43 pm

Gloria wrote:Esta es la Armada de Chile. Pobre del weón que se acerque!
I didn't think the Chilean armed forces use Russian-made equipment.
Chile: My expectations are low. Very low.
I accept chaos. I'm not sure whether it accepts me.