Hi from Cape Town

Introduce yourself, discover who else is here, and get news and information about the forum. Most of all, tell us what Chile means for you.

Moderator: eeuunikkeiexpat

Nadi37

Hi from Cape Town

Post by Nadi37 » Sun Aug 19, 2018 8:28 pm

Hi there!
I recently moved to Chile, less than a month ago, and I'll be hanging around till January :)
A little bit of myself, I was an exchange student from South Africa 10 years ago in Santiago, and working for the same organisation now as an intern, and staying again with my lovely Chilean family. I'd love to know if there are any South African expat groups in Santiago? I'm going through a bit of culture shock(again), and having some fellow South Africans to talk to would be nice. I think, last time, coming as a student, the world was a bit simpler, but not so much now. Haha, it's pleasure to meet all of you! I was lurking on the forums for a quite a while before registering, the community looks super nice :)

at46

Re: Hi from Cape Town

Post by at46 » Sun Aug 19, 2018 9:05 pm

Nadi37 wrote:
Sun Aug 19, 2018 8:28 pm
Hi there!
I recently moved to Chile, less than a month ago, and I'll be hanging around till January :)
A little bit of myself, I was an exchange student from South Africa 10 years ago in Santiago, and working for the same organisation now as an intern, and staying again with my lovely Chilean family. I'd love to know if there are any South African expat groups in Santiago? I'm going through a bit of culture shock(again), and having some fellow South Africans to talk to would be nice. I think, last time, coming as a student, the world was a bit simpler, but not so much now. Haha, it's pleasure to meet all of you! I was lurking on the forums for a quite a while before registering, the community looks super nice :)
Shoot a post on Discover Chile on FB. There are several South Africans there. https://www.facebook.com/groups/Discove ... %20african

Nadi37

Post by Nadi37 » Tue Aug 21, 2018 10:50 pm

Thankie thankie at46 :)
Went and joined them, will check em out in the next few days once work has settled :cry:

mem

Post by mem » Sat Aug 25, 2018 12:59 pm

There a couple south african expats living in region 9, but probably a bit far away for regular socializing if you are in Santiago.

Did you only come back to Chile for the internship?

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Sat Aug 25, 2018 1:28 pm

Yea there are a few in the 10th region.

All the political issues in SA right now, starting to see a lot of interest about chile. So wait. You probably will have some others soon.
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.