New guy at the Forum

Introduce yourself, discover who else is here, and get news and information about the forum. Most of all, tell us what Chile means for you.

Moderator: eeuunikkeiexpat

KotaroBT

New guy at the Forum

Post by KotaroBT » Wed Feb 07, 2018 2:24 pm

Hi everyone, new guy at the forum here.
Interesting to find out about the Forum here after three years living in Santiago.... It could have been a much better experience with all the information posted here.
Anyway, still living here for another two years, so if I can help anyone with their doubts, will be happy about it, I am already finding out some answers for my doubts too.
I work in the telecom industry and came to chile from japan where I lived for 11 years.

Just thought a presentation will be just a fine idea.

HybridAmbassador

Re: New guy at the Forum

Post by HybridAmbassador » Wed Feb 07, 2018 5:56 pm

KotaroBT wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2018 2:24 pm
Interesting to find out about the Forum here after three years living in Santiago.... It could have been a much better experience with all the information posted here.
Anyway, still living here for another two years, so if I can help anyone with their doubts, will be happy about it, I am already finding out some answers for my doubts too.
I work in the telecom industry and came to chile from japan where I lived for 11 years.

Kotaro-san, Anatawa Nihonjin desuka? Chile pays better for IT Telecom savvy people than Japan? Solo curioso por lo tanto pregunto..
HybridAmbassador. Toyota Hybrid system for helping climate change.

Britkid

Post by Britkid » Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:57 pm

Welcome to the forum, I hope you are doing well.
In 2014/2015 I blogged about my life in Chile. http://web.archive.org/web/201601121940 ... age_id=268

KotaroBT

Post by KotaroBT » Fri Feb 09, 2018 2:39 pm

HybridAmbassador wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2018 5:56 pm
KotaroBT wrote:

Kotaro-san, Anatawa Nihonjin desuka? Chile pays better for IT Telecom savvy people than Japan? Solo curioso por lo tanto pregunto..
日本人じゃあない, 私はバスク語です.
Is good question but not, Chile does not pay better than Japan in telecom, even remotely.
Company just sended me to the Latam area to manage the technical back up of our customers in the area. Now the whole of the LATAM area is bursting with so many needed projects on the update for networks like cable, mobile communications and internet. For living with the family; chile is a natural option, even if I complain about Chile, is still the safest place in the LATAM area.

HybridAmbassador

Post by HybridAmbassador » Fri Feb 09, 2018 5:14 pm

KotaroBT wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2018 2:39 pm
HybridAmbassador wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2018 5:56 pm
KotaroBT wrote:

日本人じゃあない, 私はバスク語です.
Is good question but not, Chile does not pay better than Japan in telecom, even remotely.
Company just sended me to the Latam area to manage the technical back up of our customers in the area. Now the whole of the LATAM area is bursting with so many needed projects on the update for networks like cable, mobile communications and internet. For living with the family; chile is a natural option, even if I complain about Chile, is still the safest place in the LATAM area.
Aha from the Pyrenees then Kaixo! Laster arte...
HybridAmbassador. Toyota Hybrid system for helping climate change.

GeorgeFowell

Post by GeorgeFowell » Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:48 am

Hello everyone,
M also new here!!!! I just joined the forum I hope I will overcome my doubts :)

Britkid

Post by Britkid » Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:15 pm

Hi everyone!
In 2014/2015 I blogged about my life in Chile. http://web.archive.org/web/201601121940 ... age_id=268

wellthisisweird

Post by wellthisisweird » Sun Mar 25, 2018 9:34 pm

Hey! How's been your experience in Chile so far?

John van der Linde

Re: New South African guy at the Forum

Post by John van der Linde » Thu Apr 19, 2018 3:41 pm

Hi I'm not entirely new at the forum but I seem to have skipped the new guy part initially. I'd be very happy to hear from any South African Expats on how they are doing Chile and any (absolutely any) comments about South/ Southern Africa. I plan to come to South America soon (don't worry I won't knock on your door unless you EXPRESSLY invite me ) and this is part of my research. I'm learning Spanish . . . pero no es muy facil para mi. How did you find learning it? I'm happy to share news from this side,as I view it, if you wish. Any comments from any member is welcome.
Buenas Noches