Leaving small inexpensive furnished apartment near El Golf

Buying, Selling, Building, Tax issues, anything regarding real estate or properties in Chile.
Forum rules
NO DISCUSSION OF SPECIFIC REAL ESTATE AGENTS BY NAME, LINK, OR RECOMMENDATION ANYWHERE ON THE CHILE FORUM.
Cayte

Leaving small inexpensive furnished apartment near El Golf

Post by Cayte » Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:41 pm

We have bought an apartment, and are therefore leaving of our rented 1 bedroom furnished apartment by March 1, 2012.
Someone might be interested in renting the apartment that we are leaving, which will soon be available.
We were happy here, and are sort of sorry to leave. It was very easy and comfortable.
We bought a new apartment with a very sunny north orientation, since we wanted to eliminate the rent payment, which will double in the next 10 years, while the dollar exchange rate gets halved, making the rented apartment 4 times more expensive than it is now. But for the short term this place was great.

Cost: 350.000 pesos rent, paid to owner.
Gastos Comunes Mensuales: 65.000 pesos
Location: Calle Hamlet, off of Torcazas in El Golf. Nice tree lined quiet street very close to Alcantara and Escuela Militar Metro stations.
Apartment is furnished. You need to bring your own computers.
Orientation is South. No winter sun which is the one weak point.
Piso 5, in a modern building of 15 pisos, with pool on top.
Has parking place and bodega.
Comes with a very nice mucama, included in rent, who visits and cleans twice per week.
Has working VTR internet and cable TV. You have to reimburse landlord each month. costs 41.000 pesos.
Has central electric heat, and we used an electric estufa in the winter. Worst month last winter, for just heat, was 80.000 pesos
Apartment is all electric; Base cost is 35.000 pesos in January, when no heat is needed.
Water bill: 8.000 pesos
Building and concierge service is very nice.
Building has rooftop pool and quincho.
Building has lavandaria with enough washers and dryers.
Has decent terraza balcon of about 10 meters square, overlooking another building, and a green park, over to the Cerro Navidad building.
Has living room, bedroom, american kitchen, bathroom with window, closet space. roughly 45 meters plus 10 meter terraza.
Owner is nice, and resonable. We signed a two month lease, and then stayed another 2 years, until the new apartment was completed and delivered.
"When you see that men get richer by graft than by work, and your laws don’t protect you against them, but protect them against you - When you see corruption being rewarded and honesty becoming a self-sacrifice - You know your society is doomed"

ryanar

Re: Leaving small inexpensive furnished apartment near El Go

Post by ryanar » Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:55 am

Cayte wrote:...the rent payment, which will double in the next 10 years, while the dollar exchange rate gets halved...
It comes with a crystal ball as well? :shock:

More seriously, your numbers suggest an absolute base cost of around 500k a month, assuming I'm reading things properly, just for the apartment. Food for thought for those looking to move to Santiago to LIVE on a similar amount...

FrankPintor

Post by FrankPintor » Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:04 am

ryanar wrote:
Cayte wrote:...the rent payment, which will double in the next 10 years, while the dollar exchange rate gets halved...

More seriously, your numbers suggest an absolute base cost of around 500k a month, assuming I'm reading things properly, just for the apartment. Food for thought for those looking to move to Santiago to LIVE on a similar amount...
I rented an apartment a few blocks up in 2007 for the same price, admittedly unfurnished, but 3 bedrooms and otherwise very similar conditions, balcony, pool, etc. So... prices are going up in Santiago as the dollar goes down, I'd say having the price double in 10 years is maybe conservative?
Caracas es Caracas. Lo demás es monte y culebra!

zer0nz

Post by zer0nz » Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:08 am

FrankPintor wrote:
ryanar wrote:

I rented an apartment a few blocks up in 2007 for the same price, admittedly unfurnished, but 3 bedrooms and otherwise very similar conditions, balcony, pool, etc. So... prices are going up in Santiago as the dollar goes down, I'd say having the price double in 10 years is maybe conservative?
I doubt the retnal price will double, but i see the OPs point of bring in the money to chile while they are getting 500 clp for the dollar, in the hope that the rate in 10 years is not 250 clp for the dollar.....

nwdiver

Post by nwdiver » Fri Feb 03, 2012 4:26 pm

Nobody will pay double the price, if they do our real estate company will be very very wealthy. I believe with the over built situation the price will go down and many at the level you rented will sit empty until they get miffed and sell them. 350k +++ is the very top for a 1 bedroom place.
It's all about the wine.

patrick77

Post by patrick77 » Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:53 pm

Cayte,

Am interestehis is still available and real. my email address is <LNK REMOVED, TRY PM>