OCEANFRONT TITLE RESTRICTIONS

Buying, Selling, Building, Tax issues, anything regarding real estate or properties in Chile.
Forum rules
NO DISCUSSION OF SPECIFIC REAL ESTATE AGENTS BY NAME, LINK, OR RECOMMENDATION ANYWHERE ON THE CHILE FORUM.
zer0nz

Re: OCEANFRONT TITLE RESTRICTIONS

Post by zer0nz » Wed Sep 28, 2011 1:05 pm

patagoniax wrote:.
It seems as though there may be some additional considerations in the "oceanfront title restrictions" topic.

Apparently the Bachelet administration made some sort of deal or promise to a deal with indigenous groups to rights to a considerable portion of the Los Ríos (XIV región) coast. The Mapuche coalition is now demanding rights to about 75 percent of the coastline in that region, much of which is already privately owned (above the high tide line). One of the effects of the pending resolution has been a virtual halt to commercial concessions and similar development along that coastline. In theory, a foreigner who sought to acquire coastline property in this region, unaware of this issue and the ongoing deliberations, could be caught up in the evolving conflict (ergo, the Mapuche are known to use Real Bullets when such redistribution programmes don't work in their favour). Right now the discussions on implementation are said to be seeking to not displace those with current businesses such as fisheries in this coastal area. However, a vacant property not involved in such commercial use could be subject to what may ultimately become a sort of expropriation. The programme would allow the Mapuches to "administer" up to about 75 percent of that region's coastal area. In addition, the success of the Mapuches in obtaining rights to the coastal strip has had the effect of magnifying their parallel efforts to obtain additional lands already in private cultivation elsewhere in the region.

Recent article, in the language of the realm: http://diario.elmercurio.com/2011/09/25 ... 48029e.htm
thought i was reading an article about the maori in new zealand for a bit there!!!

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Wed Sep 28, 2011 1:12 pm

One of the effects of Bachelet administration was to make a mess out of a mess, by promising all kinds of stuff to shut groups up in Chile, and then not following through.
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Wed Sep 28, 2011 1:13 pm

By the way, she did that to the students and the mapuche. Guess what has happened?
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

zer0nz

Post by zer0nz » Wed Sep 28, 2011 1:19 pm

admin wrote:By the way, she did that to the students and the mapuche. Guess what has happened?

now we just need to find a way to get the students to fight with the mapuche and leave them all to it :)

oregon woodsmoke

Post by oregon woodsmoke » Wed Sep 28, 2011 8:49 pm

What? Wait a minute. Fishermen squatting at high tide?

I'm on it. Itty bitty travel trailer, a fishing pole, and all of a sudden I have beach front property. Pull it down the road to the next beach if the government comes to move me out.

And to think, I was planning on paying money for beach property. I've got a new plan now.

jehturner

Post by jehturner » Wed Sep 28, 2011 10:57 pm

Presumably you could build your own fishing cabin at 8m and then offer to rent it to any prospective fisherman who comes along, thereby establishing some sort of tributary deference (made up terminology)? It's hard to see how the owner could be required to remove an existing edifice by a non-owner.