Prefabricated Houses

Buying, Selling, Building, Tax issues, anything regarding real estate or properties in Chile.
Forum rules
NO DISCUSSION OF SPECIFIC REAL ESTATE AGENTS BY NAME, LINK, OR RECOMMENDATION ANYWHERE ON THE CHILE FORUM.
UKinChile

Prefabricated Houses

Post by UKinChile » Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:10 pm

Hello everyone,

I've recently bought a parcela near Puerto Montt and I'm planning to move there hopefully next year. Does anyone know of a good construction company, preferably prefabricated houses. Or are there any I should avoid?

I've got quotes from Rokar, Construkit and Casasarbolito so far. Anyone know if they are good or bad?

Cheers!

GAminer

Re: Prefabricated Houses

Post by GAminer » Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:46 pm

No idea, but i would be interested to know as well! I have seen a few nice ones through google search. I am sure the best way would be to go see them in person

41southchile

Post by 41southchile » Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:53 pm

Dont really know, haven't had much experience with prefab houses, I do remember someone bringing this up here on the forum not that long ago I think. I spoke to a guy in the bank the other day who is involved in a subdivision near Osorno, 300 hectares or something like that. They are doing 120 half hecate sections with prefab houses from China, the other 240 hectares or so is being used to raise beef cattle and they are selling that meat directly to a buyer in China apparently.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge: it is those who know little, not those who know much, who so positively assert that this or that problem will never be solved by science. - Darwin

41southchile

Post by 41southchile » Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:34 pm

Gloria wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 3:07 pm
41southchile wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:53 pm
Dont really know, haven't had much experience with prefab houses, I do remember someone bringing this up here on the forum not that long ago I think. I spoke to a guy in the bank the other day who is involved in a subdivision near Osorno, 300 hectares or something like that. They are doing 120 half hecate sections with prefab houses from China, the other 240 hectares or so is being used to raise beef cattle and they are selling that meat directly to a buyer in China apparently.
We all know how shitty chinese products are. Better off building with containers in a creative way. Strange that "millenials" haven't come up with some bright ideas but.........must be 'cause there isn't an app for it. :roll:
I dunno, not all of it is shitty these days, I got a metal detector from aliexpress a while ago, and few other things all seem good so far, still haven't struck gold though .
Pre fab houses from China would still probably be better
than most Chilean maestros workmanship
Im gonna try my creativie skills with a couple of containers though.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge: it is those who know little, not those who know much, who so positively assert that this or that problem will never be solved by science. - Darwin

paladin

Post by paladin » Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:49 pm

Gloria, I think your ideas on the quality of Chinese products is out of date now. It’s not easy to find stuff that’s not made in China, and they certainly arent worse than those of other countries, if you take into account their prices.

41southchile

Post by 41southchile » Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:56 pm

Gloria wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:01 pm
The fact that it´s not easy to find products that´s not made in China doesn´t mean their quality is good. Cheap in most cases but never better or lasting. Unfortunately there is no choice for us.Or we buy their crap or do without it. Sad.
Now you starting to sound like Birthday boy (he's 73 today.) Many things are assembled in China, but components come from all over the world, smart phones for example maybe "made in China" but parts come from 20 different countries or so. Lots of tech stuff is like that, orange face fails to grasp even a basic understanding of globalization and specialization today. The world and manufacturing has very complex supply chains it's not a case of we make x and China makes y. "Crap"may come from China, but it was probably designed somewhere else and contains parts from other places again. There's also a lot of good stuff nowadays from China and a lot of low quality things but they still make it, why ?, no one is forcing people to buy it, supply and demand and all that. Korea used to produce "crap" no one calls Samsung or LG crap now

fraggle092

Post by fraggle092 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 12:10 pm

The Chinese are pragmatic, they will supply goods of any quality that the client asks for. Just look at the cheap rubbish on sale here in the Chinese import shops and even in the big department stores, built to last six months at the most. I perhaps naively think that most Western enterprises still take some pride in the quality of goods and services that they produce. Unfortunately quality in all its aspects has a cost that many don't want to pay for.

This Chinese way of doing business encompass the whole range of goods and services, from plastic bowls that literally disintegrate all the way up to the Huawei router OS, where the real problem is not spyware, its the hodgepodge of patched and unpatched security applications that it contains.
In the first version of the software, there were 70 full copies of 4 different OpenSSL versions, ranging from 0.9.8 to 1.0.2k (including one from a vendor SDK) with partial copies of 14 versions, ranging from 0.9.7d to 1.0.2k, those partial copies numbering 304. Fragments of 10 versions, ranging from 0.9.6 to 1.0.2k, were also found across the codebase, with these normally being small sets of files that had been copied to import some particular functionality.
Aka shoddy workmanship.

I hope that value for money thinking will eventually win out, with the Chinese being forced to compete on quality as well as price. They already do it where they have to.
Bienvenidos a Chaqueteo City.

Après moi, le déluge

mem

Post by mem » Sat Jun 15, 2019 12:59 pm

I was in one of those hogar eltits looking to buy a handheld circular saw. Brands available

Makita
Skillsaw
Bosch
Einhell
DeWalt
Bauker

All of them were made in China. Einhell was made in PRC...as if I wouldn't know that was china.

If even one was made in germany or Japan I would have gotten that one. Cest la vie

passport

Post by passport » Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:36 pm

SOME CHILE PREFAB HOUSE VENDORS
I've been searching too. Here are some suppliers with a few of my notes. The styles fall into just a few categories and are fairly monotonous.
Only 6 urls allowed per post. Another post follows with more suppliers. Hope others will add comments.
Has anyone seen Chinese prefab house imports in Region X? Any supplier info?

CASUR Concepcion - nice design, bad reviews from multiple sources, no mention of energy conserving features. Wood windows
www.casur.cl

CONSTRUKIT - Temuco - complete kit, SIPs, mid price, corrugated roof, concrete piers, cheap doors

LATITUD41S - Pto Varas - modular Lago Llanquihue barn motif. Contemporary 2 story, more expensive

EASYWOOD - website only shows SIPs, Trusses - no house kits. Recommended by Tomas and Pablo

CASAS EL TEPUAL access via Facebook NOT SIPs apparently all corrugated roofs
https://www.facebook.com/casasprefabricadaseltepual/
Sparse info on Facebook. Photos show an upstairs bedroom
Casa Pargua 66m2 https://www.facebook.com/casasprefabric ... =3&theater
Punta Arenas 117m2

TUSCA MODULAR
www.tucasamodular.com

CASAS PREFABRICADAS RESORT SIPs, Metalcom, Covintec no address, only site and phone
www.casasresort.cl/

passport

Post by passport » Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:36 pm

More Modular House suppliers: (SEE ALSO MY PREVIOUS POST)

CASASVAL.cl/modelo-chiloe/#gallery-8
nice design, all in wood, make their own windows, in Santiago, possibly not suited to rainy climate

CASAS LANCO

CASAS MAGISUR - 2 storey, big
www.magisur.cl/copia-de-casa-e309-1

CASAS ARRAGON
www.casasarragon.cl/canadian-89?lightbo ... m-jbq5015q

CASAS ARBOLITO
www.casasarbolito.cl/linea-loft/

CASAS ISIS Santiago not good
www.casasprefabricadas.cl

CONSTRUCTORA MWK.cl
Frutillar not modular

Casas Rucantu Temuco good quality, custom www.rucantu.cl

Rhodolite

Post by Rhodolite » Mon Jun 17, 2019 2:19 pm

Thanks for those links, passport. We need a home for a worker and his wife. It has been interesting trying to find a larger (more than 500 square feet) pre-fab house without 3 or 4 bedrooms. I'm not convinced that pre-fab is less expensive than site-built, but that is a different issue.

FrankPintor

Post by FrankPintor » Tue Aug 27, 2019 3:27 pm

Also thank you to Passport for the list... I'm starting to look at this topic now, for building a cabin out in Curiñanco. We've just started to ask for quotes. Are there any opinions or reports that would help rank these suppliers?
Caracas es Caracas. Lo demás es monte y culebra!