REal estate tax question

Buying, Selling, Building, Tax issues, anything regarding real estate or properties in Chile.
Forum rules
NO DISCUSSION OF SPECIFIC REAL ESTATE AGENTS BY NAME, LINK, OR RECOMMENDATION ANYWHERE ON THE CHILE FORUM.
Huelshoff

Re: REal estate tax question

Post by Huelshoff » Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:25 am

Thanks again for the words of caution. They are appreciated, if maybe not exactly on target. I've been married to a Chilena for 25 years, been visiting the country since 1991, lived in country for a couple of six-month sabbaticals, spent weeks at a time in the Villa Rica/Pucon/Carburga area in addition to traveling from Arica in the north to Punta Arenas in the south (and absolutely love the Aisen region), speak passable Spanish (still working on it), and grew up in Oregon, which has a climate very similar to that of the area I am looking to settle in. On top of that I have been doing academic research and writing on Chilean political economy for most of the last decade. Of course you couldn't know any of that, and I do appreciate your advice. All that being said, I understand that I'll be complaining of many of the same sort of frustrations that many here on the blog note once I'm in Chile. As we say in the family, its the Chilean Way.