one last look

Buying, Selling, Building, Tax issues, anything regarding real estate or properties in Chile.
Forum rules
NO DISCUSSION OF SPECIFIC REAL ESTATE AGENTS BY NAME, LINK, OR RECOMMENDATION ANYWHERE ON THE CHILE FORUM.
fraggle092

Re: one last look

Post by fraggle092 » Mon Nov 27, 2017 3:41 pm

The quality of life, by material standards at least, enjoyed by most US citizens is still as good as it gets anywhere. The overall flakiness and big-brotherism seen lately does not detract from that.' Personally its not my cup of tea, and I spent some years there.
But sometimes you have to return home to appreciate the things that you took for granted, or overlooked while you were there. And in any foreign country you are always there on sufferance unless you become a citizen.

Thats my 10 pesos worth. Good Luck.
Après moi, le déluge

nikotromus

Post by nikotromus » Mon Nov 27, 2017 3:52 pm

I've met and broken bread with many a gringo since I've been in Chile. Some from this forum. Almost everyone not working on a temporary contract from the first world is here getting away from the police industrial complex/prison industrial complex/military industrial complex/education industrial complex, regulation industrial complex, bull#hit war on drugs, poisoned air, poisoned water, poisoned food.

For me personally, 16 straight years of completely pointless wars with no end in sight and absolutely no change in any important issue from administration to administration is enough for me to continue the struggle here.

eeuunikkeiexpat
Location: Megalith of unknown origin near my digs, south V Region coast

Post by eeuunikkeiexpat » Mon Nov 27, 2017 4:05 pm

nikotromus wrote:
Mon Nov 27, 2017 3:52 pm
I've met and broken bread with many a gringo since I've been in Chile. Some from this forum. Almost everyone not working on a temporary contract from the first world is here getting away from the police industrial complex/prison industrial complex/military industrial complex/education industrial complex, regulation industrial complex, bull#hit war on drugs, poisoned air, poisoned water, poisoned food.

For me personally, 16 straight years of completely pointless wars with no end in sight and absolutely no change in any important issue from administration to administration is enough for me to continue the struggle here.
What I found tidbits:

After 16 years of being here, I can see the impact of not giving the Empire the benefit of my mind, labor and physical presence. A google search of my name and related bits brings up very little and most of what does come up is outdated.

My already outstanding credit rating (I have always been credit averse) went up by not being in the States, 830-840 now with both Equifax and TransUnion.
Generally, just a SPAM KILLER. You are on your own in this forum. My personal mission here is done.

BUT when necessary, by way of ridicule and truth revelation we shalt do war.

--eeuunikkeiexpat

nikotromus

Post by nikotromus » Mon Nov 27, 2017 4:16 pm

My goal was extricate myself from the tax system there all-together. Starve the beast. That will be damn difficult seeing as how the only thing local to be found is subsistence wages in a city that is too darn big for what I can stomach.

mem

Post by mem » Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:42 pm

nikotromus wrote:
Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:05 pm
And, there is good and bad in that. Juxtapose Chile's stringent banking policies with the U.S's whoreish banking policies that lead to the 2008 financial meltdown. Which is worse?
lol...If I had to choose either an uptight Nun or a fastlane Whore to trust my money to....Hmm lemme think. I'd choose the nun : )

tiagoabner

Post by tiagoabner » Tue Nov 28, 2017 4:20 pm

Given those options, I would choose to take care of my own money, lol

mem

Post by mem » Tue Nov 28, 2017 7:29 pm

tiagoabner wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2017 4:20 pm
Given those options, I would choose to take care of my own money, lol
Well that wasn't one of the options...lol. But yes of course, stay away from counterparty risk as much as possible