Housing market situation

Buying, Selling, Building, Tax issues, anything regarding real estate or properties in Chile.
Forum rules
NO DISCUSSION OF SPECIFIC REAL ESTATE AGENTS BY NAME, LINK, OR RECOMMENDATION ANYWHERE ON THE CHILE FORUM.
GAminer

Re: Housing market situation

Post by GAminer » Mon Dec 02, 2019 5:51 pm

admin wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 3:11 pm
yea, I was at the puerto montt airport, saturday afternoon, and it was a zoo. Saturday is almost never busy at that airport in the off season. Friday might be busy. Sunday might be busy. never Saturday.

I am betting by the end of February, prices on houses, parcels, around the lake see at least a 30% increase; even if just from a "hedge your bets and get a second home down south" crowd from Santiago.

In los condes, I know of at least two friends that are Chilean professionals with money, and highly portable skills, that are leaving the country and selling everything (i.e. multiple properties). antidotes, but I have also not been paying that much attention or asking around. just came up in conversation.

The great Santiago exudes has begun. last one to leave, please tern out lights in plaza itialia.
Good riddance I say! Best time of the year to be in Santiago is in February when everyone goes to the beach.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Mon Dec 02, 2019 6:07 pm

Naolin wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 4:33 pm
tiagoabner wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 3:33 pm
admin wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 3:11 pm
The great Santiago exudes has begun. last one to leave, please tern out lights in plaza itialia.
That won't be an issue: there aren't any left! :lol:
I think he must mean extinguish the fire :lol:
That is right. they ripped them all down the first week. :lol:

someone put out the fires then.
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Mon Dec 02, 2019 9:11 pm

yep, more refugies.

my wife and I went out for dinner. we struck up a conversation with a couple next to us.

They were from Santiago, had bought 4 hectares outside of town a long time ago to build 4 summer houses someday for them and each of their three kids. kids are all married and have kids. Now they say they have kicked the whole "someday" project in to high gear. meanwhile they also bought an apartment in town, while they oversee the construction of the houses. all their kids are well educated professionals.

They are all leaving Santiago as soon as the houses are completed.

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Mon Dec 02, 2019 9:31 pm

The real economic indicator, is something even I did not appreciate.

my sister in law and her husbands buisness in frutillar.

they have this little cloth store. They also do like curtains and rollers for windows. beyond that they also print t-shirts, cups, badges, etc with logos. You would think this would be about as exciting as running a used book store. nooo.

Their little buisness that we all questioned (including them) the viability of it, has been none-stop going since this all started.

first, when people dial back their spending or simply don't want to go to puerto montt or osorno, they start making their own clothes and buying locally. people with money, hire local seamstresses. poor people, do their own.

second, all those "summer homes" suddenly need more permanent interior decorations. rollers and curtains, first things.

third, political upheaval? lot's and lot's of propaganda, by all sides. last week they did a none-stop 36 hour printing session to fill a t-shirt order for a rally.

they hit the trifecta.

the other day we were having lunch. food was a bit late. one of her old customers sent her a photo of the line outside her store. there was 20 people waiting. she had to run to open up. they use to be lucky to get one person a day.

that is on top of their normal summer demand.

hell, being the capitalist pig I am, I am thinking about investing. a a second store in Puerto varas, and some bigger printing machines.