RUT needed to buy property?

Buying, Selling, Building, Tax issues, anything regarding real estate or properties in Chile.
Forum rules
NO DISCUSSION OF SPECIFIC REAL ESTATE AGENTS BY NAME, LINK, OR RECOMMENDATION ANYWHERE ON THE CHILE FORUM.
at46

Re: RUT needed to buy property?

Post by at46 » Fri Jan 20, 2017 11:25 am

john wrote:Has there been a recent change to the RUT process? I obtained a temporary RUT from SII so I could purchase my apartment...but when I obtained my temporary visa and picked up my carnet, from Registro Civil, it had a new RUT number (which did not change when I became a permanent resident) :?
Once you have your permanent RUT, you need to ask SII to transfer your property from your temp RUT to your permanent one. They have a form you need to sign in person to do that, and afterwards you also need to update your info on their website.

john

Re: RUT needed to buy property?

Post by john » Fri Jan 20, 2017 3:54 pm

at46 wrote:
john wrote:Has there been a recent change to the RUT process? I obtained a temporary RUT from SII so I could purchase my apartment...but when I obtained my temporary visa and picked up my carnet, from Registro Civil, it had a new RUT number (which did not change when I became a permanent resident) :?
Once you have your permanent RUT, you need to ask SII to transfer your property from your temp RUT to your permanent one. They have a form you need to sign in person to do that, and afterwards you also need to update your info on their website.
Thanks for this reminder. Fortunately, I already took such action at the SII office in Valparaíso and now both my property tax reports (Certificado de Avalúo Fiscal) and the municipality property ownership records (Conservador de Bienes Raíces de Viña del Mar) reflect my permanent RUT.
One must care about a world one will not see.
--- Bertrand Russell