Buying property in Chile

Buying, Selling, Building, Tax issues, anything regarding real estate or properties in Chile.
Forum rules
NO DISCUSSION OF SPECIFIC REAL ESTATE AGENTS BY NAME, LINK, OR RECOMMENDATION ANYWHERE ON THE CHILE FORUM.
picalena

Re: Buying property in Chile

Post by picalena » Sat Jun 10, 2017 11:39 am

FFS. You really need to set foot in Chile. I am putting up a post on another thread. Datasheets. You're funny.
A woodsman was once asked, “What would you do if you had just five minutes to chop down a tree?” He answered, “I would spend the first two and a half minutes sharpening my axe.” - Dubious source on the internet

Space Cat

Post by Space Cat » Sat Jun 10, 2017 12:29 pm

We don't need to "lift the game", so does the whole country because the culture here is not rat race-y. The core values are different compared to English-speaking countries, especially to the US. Adapt or suffer from the reality not matching your expectations.

Bargain Hunter

Post by Bargain Hunter » Sat Jun 10, 2017 12:31 pm

Deleted.

Space Cat

Post by Space Cat » Sat Jun 10, 2017 12:37 pm

In my experience, foreigners who are open to learning and flexing their habits do well.

Foreigners who want the same stuff they had in their home country but in Chile – suffer. So I don't believe you'll stay here for long.

jamie_m

Post by jamie_m » Sat Jun 10, 2017 12:39 pm

Bargain Hunter wrote:Space-cat what you wrote is partially true, but many of the posters on this forum (and I am guessing you also?) are foreigners. Did you gradually become "Chileanized" Lol.

We don't get Chileanized, we simply accept it for what it is and adapt. If you don't it will chew you up and spit you out.

seawolf180

Post by seawolf180 » Sun Jun 11, 2017 2:47 am

Wow, you have really amazed and annoyed just about everyone on this forum with your astonishing sense of entitlement for information, naivety, and slimy intentions.
Considering you are going to get your ass handed to you where ever you end up relocating to, and like beaches, why not try Brazil. Since the you speak only Gimme, what does it matter.
And your predation of young women might go over better there too. Though I doubt it. I was going to let it go, but have daughters. You fucking parasite.
Don't Tread On Me Either.
crtv.com
conservativereview.com
Question Authority!

HybridAmbassador

Post by HybridAmbassador » Sun Jun 11, 2017 4:17 pm

Yeah, Brazil can be yours for small 120k budget. But make sure when you arrive there, don't carry any cash on you.
They can sniff out the foreigners that brings cash on them, then kaput there you go..
HybridAmbassador. Toyota Hybrid system for helping climate change.

Julito

Post by Julito » Sun Jun 11, 2017 6:37 pm

Yep Brazil's a classic. I have a brother who's lived there for 6 years and lives behind 2 levels of human and electronic security. He speaks the language and's married to a local. To go out at night off comes the watch, out comes the el cheapo cell phone and he leaves the wallet at home, just leaves some cash in the pocket. He's well travelled and street savvy, never been robbed or scammed but he's got some hilarious stories about those who have.

Some don't even make it into their first taxi before being robbed or stitched up somehow. A Swiss bloke he knew was held up and robbed 3 times by the same guy in as many months. The third time the guy approached, apologised profusely for robbing him previously and offered to buy him a beer at a great little bar just round the corner. They got round the corner and the knife came out again.

HybridAmbassador

Post by HybridAmbassador » Mon Jun 12, 2017 4:39 pm

Yeah, my friends kid never made out to the taxi collecting area after landing in Rio de Janeiro. Before him making the trip for Brazil to go and root for his team in the last Olympiad there. When I noticed that every time we went out while he was visiting us in the US, he always had his iphone in his back jean pocket.

I told him to conceal it at least in his front pocket but he said his jeans front pocket is too small and tight therefore he carries in the back pocket. Told him, if in the streets of Tokyo, it is perfectly alright but even here in Nor~Cal, a bit careless to have the phone in his back pocket in the street.

Anyway, we stopped in one of apple store and bought him a phone case that clips on jeans or belt then he can just can cover it with his T-shirt. But NO, this sucker did not follow my advise nor wore the phone clip that I bought him, when strolling in the airport corridor of Brazil. He has put his iphone right in his jeans back pocket and snatched ! Some old habit never goes away....
HybridAmbassador. Toyota Hybrid system for helping climate change.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Mon Jun 12, 2017 7:19 pm

Julito wrote:Yep Brazil's a classic. I have a brother who's lived there for 6 years and lives behind 2 levels of human and electronic security. He speaks the language and's married to a local. To go out at night off comes the watch, out comes the el cheapo cell phone and he leaves the wallet at home, just leaves some cash in the pocket. He's well travelled and street savvy, never been robbed or scammed but he's got some hilarious stories about those who have.

Some don't even make it into their first taxi before being robbed or stitched up somehow. A Swiss bloke he knew was held up and robbed 3 times by the same guy in as many months. The third time the guy approached, apologised profusely for robbing him previously and offered to buy him a beer at a great little bar just round the corner. They got round the corner and the knife came out again.
There was a kindergarten school in Santiago that kept getting robbed at night. Like six times. Finally, the robber left a note to the effect: "GET A FRIGEN ALARM!!!"
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

nwdiver

Post by nwdiver » Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:12 pm

admin wrote:
Julito wrote:Yep Brazil's a classic. I have a brother who's lived there for 6 years and lives behind 2 levels of human and electronic security. He speaks the language and's married to a local. To go out at night off comes the watch, out comes the el cheapo cell phone and he leaves the wallet at home, just leaves some cash in the pocket. He's well travelled and street savvy, never been robbed or scammed but he's got some hilarious stories about those who have.

There was a kindergarten school in Santiago that kept getting robbed at night. Like six times. Finally, the robber left a note to the effect: "GET A FRIGEN ALARM!!!"

OK.........so what do you steal from a kindergarten, little tiny chairs an the letters ADHD.......
It's all about the wine.

eeuunikkeiexpat
Location: Megalith of unknown origin near my digs, south V Region coast

Post by eeuunikkeiexpat » Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:42 pm

No those asses clean out everything that can be consumed or sold including the food that was supposed to feed the niñitos.
Generally, just a SPAM KILLER. You are on your own in this forum. My personal mission here is done.

BUT when necessary, by way of ridicule and truth revelation we shalt do war.

--eeuunikkeiexpat