Buying property in Chile

Buying, Selling, Building, Tax issues, anything regarding real estate or properties in Chile.
Forum rules
NO DISCUSSION OF SPECIFIC REAL ESTATE AGENTS BY NAME, LINK, OR RECOMMENDATION ANYWHERE ON THE CHILE FORUM.
David_Bro

Re: Buying property in Chile

Post by David_Bro » Tue Jun 13, 2017 2:14 am

This is not the newer-neener post nor is it the cranky post either----someone said pull the other leg and someone said something about getting lucky----legit posts in my view-----but its why i say its very HARD work and you have to pay attention----I started in 1984 in Chile and it was not until 2004 i think before i bought in Chile and it was two plus years of solid looking for property but after that much time, hard work and paying attention, you know it when you see it------again paying attention and looking for luck too its true----it worked out for me as i posted about----Chile is not an easy gig in any way but you can find it----I remember there was a guy up in Caburga with 30 hectares with part of it on the lake----he traded it fair for half a city block in downtown Pucon with no buildings along with a couple of horses, a cow or two and his landcover----this would have been in 85' or so( When you could be on the far side of downtown and see all the way un-obstructed across the plaza to the hotel pucon)----kind of a pretty good deal for both but i think Mr. Pucon got a better side of it.