Housing market situation

Buying, Selling, Building, Tax issues, anything regarding real estate or properties in Chile.
Forum rules
NO DISCUSSION OF SPECIFIC REAL ESTATE AGENTS BY NAME, LINK, OR RECOMMENDATION ANYWHERE ON THE CHILE FORUM.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Housing market situation

Post by admin » Thu Oct 10, 2019 7:37 am

i don't think there is a lack of water in the central regions; just a lack of investment in the infrastructure and management of the resources.

You got a relatively close ocean on one side, and a massive mountain range on the other. moving that water 100 km one way or the other, is hardly an unsolvable problem.

If there is a country that needs to worry, it is probably Argentina.

well drilling in chile is still a pretty expensive thing and is still done in a not very scientific way. Thus, all the hand dug wells. however, just the fact that surface water is so common, is a clue there is a lot more water deeper not being tapped.

Add to that all the convoluted water rights laws that encourage speculation or other inefficient uses of water.

but like a lot of things in chile, the government won't get off its rear to fix it untill whatever the crisis is becomes an embarrassing political crisis.
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

Britkid

Post by Britkid » Fri Oct 11, 2019 10:11 am

The wells are for individual use but this can vary by house. The house water supply we have is metered but goes to a large well inside the condominio rather than outside. The individual well for our garden is only for watering the grass.

As we rent, I don't look into the details that closely. No idea on registration.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Tue Oct 15, 2019 9:11 am

here, some statistic regarding single owner / investors of buildings for rent:

https://www.latercera.com/pulso-trader/ ... os/861015/
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

Britkid

Post by Britkid » Tue Oct 15, 2019 5:14 pm

Admin, if I thought that southern Chile was going to do well, and wanted to invest in property there, but without actually buying a whole house, is that possible? Say I've only got US$5,000 that I'm willing to risk on this bet.

Is there a southern Chile investment property fund? They could buy a bunch of houses, and rent them out, and let people invest a small amount in the total fund, of the like that you might spend on stocks and shares. Does this exist?

Something you could invest it from a trusted vendor, without even having to go to the south. And so the fund would only go down if house prices in southern Chile went down.

I may have asked this before, but I don't think I ever found any way to do this.