COUNTRY HOME FOR RENT

Buying, Selling, Building, Tax issues, anything regarding real estate or properties in Chile.
Forum rules
NO DISCUSSION OF SPECIFIC REAL ESTATE AGENTS BY NAME, LINK, OR RECOMMENDATION ANYWHERE ON THE CHILE FORUM.
hlf2888

COUNTRY HOME FOR RENT

Post by hlf2888 » Sat Jun 28, 2014 11:30 am

https://www.flickr.com/photos/15443080@N05/

Temporary rental: Gorgeous country home, totally equipped and furnished with a touches of luxury, designed for complete comfort and offering picture postcard views from every window. Situated on a mountain plateau an hour west of the Andes and an hour east of the Pacific, the incredible sunrises and sunsets will nurture your spirit. A peaceful, private very picturesque setting with on-site, full-time caretakers.

Why you should rent before you move.

Thinking of moving to Chile? It is a good idea to rent for a few seasons and see if this country really fits your dreams. Many hopeful expats move here and are totally disillusioned after their first full time seasons, especially in the Chilean winter. I spent my first year renting a place in a town as there were no country rentals in private settings available that were totally equipped and furnished. Living in town was very unpleasant. I confess I like the comfort of crisp cotton sheets and stainless steel appliances, wood floors and skylights, privacy and tranquility and clean air... but that is just me. :-)

This is life in a typical Chilean town in winter. Dogs barking all night, acrid smoke from the neighbors' cook stoves drifting in all the windows, a constant cacophony of noise and horribly repetitive loud music at all times of the day and night. Loud parties that went on all night. A fenced yard the size of a tablecloth, the smaller neighbor dogs would squeeze between the bars and leave their odorous brown presents. The kitchen was tiny and there was no counter space, the shower was unpleasant to use and smells would emanate from the drain. The owner did not include a gas tank or gas tank extension so I had to track those down. In the winter I learned the only time to open the windows for a bit of fresh air was at 4 am, as all other times the air was toxic with wood smoke from cook stoves or heating stoves or from ovens burning wood to make carbon or ovens making brick. I aged 10 years in that one year from hell.

But we persevered and now we have a small farm in Central Chile. While we are away, it is offered for rent on a temporary basis. It is a newly built, gorgeous, light filled one level residence with attached garage and separate garage/workshop. Nicely decorated with two very roomy bedrooms, 1 double bed and 2 large single beds. It has a Zen-like quality with its abundance of light, cathedral ceilings, skylights, spacious rooms and bathroom with stunning glass-block shower, pedestal sink and skylight.

There is a new stove, fridge, freezer, washing machine and hot water tank. All stainless steel pots and pans and utensils, new Omega Vert juicer, French coffee press, garlic press, mortar and pestle (we are foodies). As well, you will enjoy the high speed internet access. 

A quiet, conscientious on-site caretakers look after the chickens, dogs, cats and horses. They will clean the main house once a week. Transportation is easy; the caretakers could drive you to town or there is the bus that passes twice a day.

Situated on a hill overlooking mountains, meadows and forests, it is very private and peaceful offering clean air, bird songs and a sky full of stars. There are 27 hectares of land which presently are growing wild flowers and hay-fields for the resident horses. We are trying to decide which crop would be best... something organic. There is a eucalyptus forest and pine grove for woodsy walks. There are olive groves, fruit orchards, grape vines and gardens full of roses and perennials, all pesticide free. There is farm fruit available in season including figs, oranges, lemons, avocados, peaches, apricots, cherries, grenadine, apples, grapes, cactus fruit and nuts. As you make coffee with the French coffee press and enjoy your fresh eggs from the farm, and watch the sunrise over the Andes, you will have an excellent beginning to every day. And that is so important. Making a huge decision like relocating to another country needs some luxury and comfort to balance the stress.

Town is only 8 kilometers away, the Andes are an hour east and the Pacific coast is an hour west. Views of the Andes and coastal ranges offer breathtaking sunrises and sunsets. This is a temporary rental as we love our property and look forward to returning. It is an opportunity to experience Chile and its different seasons in absolute comfort, in an exceptional setting. Please contact me for details. Typically available between April and October.

hlf2888

Re: COUNTRY HOME FOR RENT

Post by hlf2888 » Thu Aug 30, 2018 1:13 am

little bump

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Thu Aug 30, 2018 1:51 pm

Photos.
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

hlf2888

Post by hlf2888 » Thu Aug 30, 2018 4:23 pm

hope this link works....photos

https://www.flickr.com/photos/15443080@N05/