Country home rental

Buying, Selling, Building, Tax issues, anything regarding real estate or properties in Chile.
Forum rules
NO DISCUSSION OF SPECIFIC REAL ESTATE AGENTS BY NAME, LINK, OR RECOMMENDATION ANYWHERE ON THE CHILE FORUM.
HybridAmbassador

Re: Country home rental

Post by HybridAmbassador » Wed Mar 21, 2018 4:39 pm

hlf2888 wrote:
Wed Mar 21, 2018 2:52 pm
HybridAmbassador wrote:
Thu Mar 15, 2018 4:17 pm
hlf2888 wrote:
Thu Mar 15, 2018 3:43 pm
And stores are beginning to carry chocolate bars with 80% chocolate instead of those 90% sugar offerings.. Things are looking up. :wink:
Cacao trees grows there?
I wish they grew here, HybridAmbassador but wikipedia says "Cacao trees grow well as understory plants in humid forest ecosystems" and we are in a Mediterrenean climate, low humidity except for the rainy winters.
Weather with Mediterranean climate I like! Remember a long time ago, the good time enjoyed in Alicante Spain...I have to make my way over to your hidden Tuscany region, hoping muy pronto..Ha,ha. By the way hlf2888-san, what to eat there? Pollo, Bife, Cochinito,Cabrito and what else?
HybridAmbassador. Toyota Hybrid system for helping climate change.

hlf2888

Post by hlf2888 » Thu Mar 22, 2018 5:45 pm

Hola HybridAmbassador, This might have been confusing. << es, HybridAmbassador, good questions. Nothing else is included unless mentioned. Oh, yes, when I say totally equipped that means stove, fridge, dishes, cutlery, pots, pans, high thread count cotton sheets, 100% cotton towels. Even a small tv (don't watch much, too much beauty outside). To rent for a month or two to see if it fits would be $700 US per month.>> This $700 per month does not include what the $1000 per month includes.It might be good for someone who had a vehicle and did not need the rides to town and back, or did not want or need the fresh eggs and freshly baked bread, laundry service, sheets washed, house cleaned, the gas or electric or internet included...I hope that is perfectly clear.

HybridAmbassador

Post by HybridAmbassador » Fri Mar 23, 2018 4:09 pm

hlf2888 wrote:
Thu Mar 22, 2018 5:45 pm
Hola HybridAmbassador, This might have been confusing. << es, HybridAmbassador, good questions. Nothing else is included unless mentioned. Oh, yes, when I say totally equipped that means stove, fridge, dishes, cutlery, pots, pans, high thread count cotton sheets, 100% cotton towels. Even a small tv (don't watch much, too much beauty outside). To rent for a month or two to see if it fits would be $700 US per month.>> This $700 per month does not include what the $1000 per month includes.It might be good for someone who had a vehicle and did not need the rides to town and back, or did not want or need the fresh eggs and freshly baked bread, laundry service, sheets washed, house cleaned, the gas or electric or internet included...I hope that is perfectly clear.
I meant, what sort of for people food is available in your region. Never implied that your rent is " food including "...

hlf2888

Post by hlf2888 » Sat Mar 24, 2018 9:59 am

Okay, available food.. feria twice a week, streets closed and filled with vendor's stalls. Fresh fruit and veggies, just picked from the garden or orchard. I was never able to buy lemons so fresh in NA that they still had a stem and leaf attached. Oodles of strawberries, rich ripe avocados,beets, squash, carrots, ginger, turmeric root, fresh cilantro, parsley and arrugula, almonds, hazelnuts, cashews, the walnut harvest will be soon, olive harvest is in winter, (Ercilia cures the olives from the groves... delicioso) garlic, peppers, zuccini and mushrooms for your pasta sauce, fresh basil for your pesto sauce. There are several cheese shops with gouda, blue cheese, goats, manchecho, (I do miss camembert, brie and cheddar) parmesan, mozzarella, gruyere, an inexpensive farmer's cheese that reminds me of bocconcini, and many more. One of my favorites is just called masduro. Older aged cheese. Prices are less than half of what you would pay in NA. There are 4 butcher shops (I rarely eat meat, instead porrotos mmm) and a vast semi-weekly fish market. The fishermen fish during the night and bring the fish and shellfish in to the market in the morning and their wives sell the fish as they sleep. Some spices are available locally but I prefer to visit the spice emporium in Santiago once or twice a year as we eat a lot of curries. It is a great place for someone who likes to prepare their own meals. I am a bit of a foodie, so I love the fresh produce, have a mortar and pestle, a German-made, lead-free fermentation pot, a food processor, a blender, French coffee press, coffee percolator and of course, all stainless steel pots and pans. If you do not like to cook, for an extra fee, three home-made meals a day are available.

eeuunikkeiexpat
Location: Megalith of unknown origin near my digs, south V Region coast

Post by eeuunikkeiexpat » Sat Mar 24, 2018 10:03 am

Can't believe the place hasn't been booked with waiting list with your convincing marketing text.
Generally, just a SPAM KILLER. You are on your own in this forum. My personal mission here is done.

BUT when necessary, by way of ridicule and truth revelation we shalt do war.

--eeuunikkeiexpat

hlf2888

Post by hlf2888 » Sat Mar 24, 2018 1:20 pm

You are absolutely right eeuu. And I think the prices are reasonable but nobody has even visited yet... I guess Chile is too far out of the box for most, and also, there is timing... those who want to experience Chile usually choose the summer months. I already knew that summer was amazing from previous visits and wanted to experience Chile in the winter. We came here in April 2012. Coming from Canada , it became the year of two winters. But I had to experience all the four seasons before committing to moving here permanently. And the beauty of the country and the kindness of the people made the year of two winters endurable. Also rain is not as bad as snow and ice. Good time to curl up in front of the fire and catch up on reading the classics, or writing one.

thisisreallycomplicated

Post by thisisreallycomplicated » Sat Mar 24, 2018 9:52 pm

I was considering it back in 2013. And I'm thinking about it again now. But it's hard to know for sure, if it would work out. It really sounds like a good thing for the right person(s), and I hope they show up, whoever they are.
“Now it’s conspiracy – they’ve made that something that should not even be entertained for a minute, that powerful people might get together and have a plan. Doesn’t happen, you’re a kook, you’re a conspiracy buff!” – George Carlin

HybridAmbassador

Post by HybridAmbassador » Mon Mar 26, 2018 3:49 pm

hlf2888 wrote:
Sat Mar 24, 2018 1:20 pm
You are absolutely right eeuu. And I think the prices are reasonable but nobody has even visited yet... I guess Chile is too far out of the box for most, and also, there is timing... those who want to experience Chile usually choose the summer months. I already knew that summer was amazing from previous visits and wanted to experience Chile in the winter. We came here in April 2012. Coming from Canada , it became the year of two winters. But I had to experience all the four seasons before committing to moving here permanently. And the beauty of the country and the kindness of the people made the year of two winters endurable. Also rain is not as bad as snow and ice. Good time to curl up in front of the fire and catch up on reading the classics, or writing one.
hlf2888, you have mentioned prior that come April you will be going back to Canada.
I really wish that you find a qualified long time lessee before your departure.

hlf2888

Post by hlf2888 » Wed May 02, 2018 6:28 pm

thank you HybridAmbassador, I have confidence in the universe.

hlf2888

Post by hlf2888 » Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:04 pm

Thank you thisis, the majority of people seem to prefer city living... was never in the majority.

HybridAmbassador

Post by HybridAmbassador » Mon Jun 25, 2018 4:08 pm

hlf2888-san, still not taken? How about registering with Air B&B and getting short stay visitors, since long lease tenant still ensconced ?

hlf2888

Post by hlf2888 » Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:17 am

great advice HybridAmbassador... done. The photos really show the natural beauty and stunning architecture.