looking for a builder

Buying, Selling, Building, Tax issues, anything regarding real estate or properties in Chile.
Forum rules
NO DISCUSSION OF SPECIFIC REAL ESTATE AGENTS BY NAME, LINK, OR RECOMMENDATION ANYWHERE ON THE CHILE FORUM.
ghibli

Re: looking for a builder

Post by ghibli » Sun Aug 06, 2017 1:25 pm

Thanks Admin. Another something to keep a watch on. I am supposing that the drafting of a construction agreement must be most
carefully done - with both materials and methods specified - and enforced with a delicate balance of tact and pressure - in spanish. Quite a challenge, but, as I say, the house has Qualities worth fighting for.

Alas - many of these tasks I have done myself in the past. Nailing on shingles is/was actually quite a relaxing pastime. But I've got too many miles on the odometer for most of that now so must find a contractor/contractors. Fortunately, I can still caulk, tape and visit the site every day.

Cheers

nikotromus

Re: looking for a builder

Post by nikotromus » Sun Aug 06, 2017 7:07 pm

I just got back from a trip to Talca and Pencahue. Every single new construction project I say had concrete foundations with cinder block wall construction stuffed with rebar and concrete. I talked to someone about it and they said to their knowledge everything in the Talca area was framed with that kind of construction. They also said that in the South people build with wood because of the moisture issues.

It's a moot point for me as the land I was looking at buying was more of a cliff thank a pasture.