School

General topics related to Living in Chile
momof3

School

Post by momof3 » Mon Mar 12, 2012 2:49 pm

What are the dates for the 2012 winter vacation? I tried mineduc but no luck. I kept finding articles about how it was changed to an earlier date in 2011 due to the protests. My kids' school only publishes information on the current month.
We agree to disagree.

zer0nz

Re: School

Post by zer0nz » Mon Mar 12, 2012 3:10 pm

call the school, they can all be different

seawolf180

Post by seawolf180 » Mon Mar 12, 2012 5:15 pm

zer0nz wrote:call the school, they can all be different
Yeah, all they have in common is being in July.
Don't Tread On Me Either.

momof3

Post by momof3 » Fri Mar 16, 2012 2:54 pm

I asked the school and they don't know either. I am spoiled by these neat little 12 month school calendars published months ahead of the school year. They tell you every little detail. So for now Seawolf says July is usually the month for winter vacation. Has there been a pattern in terms of : beginning, middle or end of the month?
We agree to disagree.

Tombi

Post by Tombi » Fri Mar 16, 2012 3:00 pm

Nido is 22 June to 30 July

griffin

Post by griffin » Fri Mar 16, 2012 6:55 pm

Our school started March 5th and will have vacation from the 16th-27th of July this year. Many schools in Serena started the week before that, but I don't know their vacation schedules, which do indeed vary from school to school along with every other scheduling detail.

Seriously, momof3, nobody at your school knows yet when winter vacation is? Did you ask more than one person? (I don't doubt you, mind you, just the competence of average school admin staff.) Our school is lame about posting the starting date (it goes up on the website a couple of weeks in advance, you can ask the secretaries a week or two earlier than that) but we get the full-year calendar the first school day every year. Some events are rescheduled occasionally, of course. But we do get the vacations clearly marked. :)

suerte

from another mom of 3

trabajo en progreso

Post by trabajo en progreso » Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:21 pm

Our dates state "to be advised" for the end date for semester 2 in my daughters diary - she goes to Craighouse. Holidays are July 16 to 23.

momof3

Post by momof3 » Sat Mar 17, 2012 10:41 am

griffin wrote:Our school started March 5th and will have vacation from the 16th-27th of July this year. Many schools in Serena started the week before that, but I don't know their vacation schedules, which do indeed vary from school to school along with every other scheduling detail.

Seriously, momof3, nobody at your school knows yet when winter vacation is? Did you ask more than one person? (I don't doubt you, mind you, just the competence of average school admin staff.) Our school is lame about posting the starting date (it goes up on the website a couple of weeks in advance, you can ask the secretaries a week or two earlier than that) but we get the full-year calendar the first school day every year. Some events are rescheduled occasionally, of course. But we do get the vacations clearly marked. :)

suerte

from another mom of 3
Tis true, nobody knows. Me thinks they base their calendar on Minudec's which is based on the alignment of the stars and the student protesters.
We agree to disagree.