Investor/Business TRV - 1 year
No votes

Total votes: 7

eeuunikkeiexpat
Location: Megalith of unknown origin near my digs, south V Region coast

Re: Work Visa or the "other" TRVs to PR : Your Experience

Post by eeuunikkeiexpat » Sat Jul 23, 2011 5:48 pm

What form of TRV?
Generally, just a SPAM KILLER. You are on your own in this forum. My personal mission here is done.

BUT when necessary, by way of ridicule and truth revelation we shalt do war.

--eeuunikkeiexpat

carica

Post by carica » Sat Jul 23, 2011 6:09 pm

Honestly I'm not completely clear on which it was.. I'll check out the extranjeria website to jog my memory. But I was working with an notarized indefinite contracto de honorarios. I sent in my 3 most recent honorarios printed out from the SII website and my valid declaración de renta. The category I was placed in was "monitor de inglés" which doesn't require any professional legalized degree.

I'm thinking it was this, but sounds like the requirements have changed because I only needed one contract (this back in 2007):
2. VISA TEMPORARIA PARA NO PROFESIONALES Y TÉCNICOS.
Dos o más contratos de trabajo, especificando remuneraciones y horarios, firmados ante notario. Este documento
debe contener una cláusula de vigencia que indique que “el trabajador podrá comenzar el ejercicio de sus funciones
una vez que obtenga la visa o la autorización para trabajar correspondiente” y una cláusula de previsión que indique
que “el trabajador cotizará en el régimen previsional chileno, comprometiéndose el empleador a efectuar las
retenciones y pagarlas a las instituciones correspondientes”. Original y Copia.
When I get back to Chile (on vacay in Arg) I'll pull out my giant file'o'immigration papers (i've had 2 student visas, 2 temps at different times, and now PR) and see what's in there.
Si te toca extranjeria in Valpo (I seem to remember you're in san antonio?) I would recommend going and asking the secretary, taking all the paperwork you have, as to which category you fit into. She's always been really nice.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Sat Jul 23, 2011 6:23 pm

The other visas are not really promoted because on the one hand the work visa is super simple and is really for people that have no intention of staying in chile (although that often changes over time) and on the other hand the investor visa really is nothing but an expensive trainwreck almost always results in needing to start over under another visa. For anyone intending on staying in chile, the periodic income visa in almost every case allows you to do what the other visas promise without the strings attached. You can work, you can change jobs if you like, you can close a biz and start another one, and still be eligiable for permanent residency in a year.

But nice thread, if not a bit confusing because half the time people are not even clear about what application was ultimately used.

Whom ever applied for and got their permanent under a contract work visa in one year, either got lucky or likly does not really know what aplication they were under (or there is some other special circumstance).
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

eeuunikkeiexpat

Post by eeuunikkeiexpat » Sat Jul 23, 2011 6:31 pm

Carica, thanks for replying with your experience.

The Extranjería in this muni is also very open and friendly.

I may be going with the Marriage Visa unless I get a solid job offer. Just need proof of marriage to a citizen and minimal financial documentation as compared to an Income Visa. Then when the year is up, an easy app to PR with no further documentation needed.

------

Charles, yeah I am very aware of the limitations of the Work Contract and the Investor Visas but for those eligible for the Marriage/Family Visa, that would be less hassle than the Income Visa because of the less stringent financial documentation needed though it comes with the same benefits.
Generally, just a SPAM KILLER. You are on your own in this forum. My personal mission here is done.

--eeuunikkeiexpat

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Sat Jul 23, 2011 8:30 pm

Have you selected a citizen to get married to yet?

Chile forum bachelor party?

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:14 pm

I am curious. Does anyone here know anyone that has ever been awarded permanent residency through the investor visa?

I do not mean you had something else, but a real live investor visa. With all the bells and whistles, submitting business proposals, reviews, and so on that immigration was able to swallow in the second year.

We have cleaned up a lot of very messy immigration situations involving investor visas, we just have never run in to anyone that really managed to get one completely through and permanent residency granted based on one. Temporary residency portion is easy, but finally a year later or whatever got their permanent residency (without needing to refile under another one).

We still have no confirmed sightings of a permanent resident via an investor visa in the Wild.

araucaniax

Post by araucaniax » Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:26 pm

eeuunikkeiexpat wrote:...I may be going with the Marriage Visa unless I get a solid job offer. Just need proof of marriage to a citizen and minimal financial documentation as compared to an Income Visa...
It seems that no one here (or anywhere) ever reported their "income" visa refused by the immigration because of "insufficient income" (and I'd stay corrected, if wrong).
eeuunikkeiexpat wrote:...Then when the year is up, an easy app to PR with no further documentation needed...
It is possible, that the very same documents, "with no further documentation whatsoever" could give one "PR" -- should they properly apply after 9 months of their 1-year "income" TRV.
"Separate yourself from disturbance and face whatever appears before you." ~ Tiantong Hongzhi Chanshi, 1091-1157, (named "Chan Master Spacious Wisdom" by the Song emperor Gao Zong)

araucaniax

Post by araucaniax » Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:37 pm

E, your willing the "other" kind of TRV could possibly be re-considered.

You go to ATM monthly to get CLP to pay rent, right? Now take all these slips, and make a scan. Place them 2 or 3 or 4 per page, post detailed description stating the bank-owner of the ATM, the amount, the date, all in bold font, attach a letter stating these are the periodic means to pay your monthly expenses in Chile, put it in Spanish, and in English, put it nicely and accurately, so it looks as an official document.

You have accounts at various institutions, no matter how small. Create a letter stating a "hypothetical" portfolio that you "could" invest in, using high-rate instruments (like 30-year government bonds that have 4 to 5 %, or some weird stock that has 20 to 39 %, etc.). Be creative, attach a detailed letter telling them how you could easily have an income, should you only wish.

You can compose a dozen of such documents, all looking pretty cool. None of them would be fake, all real and true, no matter what real "things" you use to compose them. Think about these or similar ways to present them a "solid" basis for the "income" TRV.
"Separate yourself from disturbance and face whatever appears before you." ~ Tiantong Hongzhi Chanshi, 1091-1157, (named "Chan Master Spacious Wisdom" by the Song emperor Gao Zong)

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:53 pm

araucaniax wrote:E, your willing the "other" kind of TRV could possibly be re-considered.

You go to ATM monthly to get CLP to pay rent, right? Now take all these slips, and make a scan. Place them 2 or 3 or 4 per page, post detailed description stating the bank-owner of the ATM, the amount, the date, all in bold font, attach a letter stating these are the periodic means to pay your monthly expenses in Chile, put it in Spanish, and in English, put it nicely and accurately, so it looks as an official document.

You have accounts at various institutions, no matter how small. Create a letter stating a "hypothetical" portfolio that you "could" invest in, using high-rate instruments (like 30-year government bonds that have 4 to 5 %, or some weird stock that has 20 to 39 %, etc.). Be creative, attach a detailed letter telling them how you could easily have an income, should you only wish.

You can compose a dozen of such documents, all looking pretty cool. None of them would be fake, all real and true, no matter what real "things" you use to compose them. Think about these or similar ways to present them a "solid" basis for the "income" TRV.
Yea, but then you would need to legalize them. Who is going to sign off on that, across what country, all the way down the chain? It is boarder line visa a fraud, and more than likely you will get is a rather none informative "you need to provide more documentation" letter back or they will tell you need to legalize them. Submitting ATM receipts is just fine, but it is normally as supporting documentation. They will want to see the accounts, and so on.

As for insufficient income, we have run in to cases. Fortunately, in those cases the person had more income, it was just a hassle to produce the documentation. However, more common is the wrong sort of income. Static, savings, sort of income, rather than periodic income.

araucaniax

Post by araucaniax » Tue Aug 02, 2011 12:01 am

Well, to legalize at least one of these would be needed, quite possibly.. Ok, E, do as you please, of course. Maybe the "Marriage/Family Visa" thing would be a bit safer.

eeuunikkeiexpat

Post by eeuunikkeiexpat » Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:12 am

Very refreshing perspective Araux.

E is becoming flojo chileno-like and the path of least resistance (and work) is the TRV I mentioned. But Plan B would no doubt be your described plan with a strategic legalization thrown in somewhere.

--eeuunikkeiexpat