greg~judy

Re: Riots continue

Post by greg~judy » Fri Aug 05, 2011 1:32 am

admin wrote::fire:
Yea, death rays. Lots of them.
NO, NO admin...
subdue - not kill...!
please - no need to be so blood-thirsty
just make the transgressors regret their transgressions!
teach them life~lessons they can't~won't learn in the schools they don't~won't attend
:|
Things are not what they appear to be: nor are they otherwise.
--- Surangama Sutra
“If we want everything to stay as it is, everything will have to change."
--- Giuseppe Tomasi di Lamedusa

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Fri Aug 05, 2011 12:09 pm

I say we send them all to px's house.
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Fri Aug 05, 2011 12:43 pm

Well, in Puerto Montt today and the only civil unrest seems to be a pack of street dogs chasing a horse and carriage through the streets. Santiago no es Chile.
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

eeuunikkeiexpat
Location: Megalith of unknown origin near my digs, south V Region coast

Post by eeuunikkeiexpat » Fri Aug 05, 2011 12:46 pm

admin wrote:Santiago no es Chile.
Amen :!:
So tranquil here even though it is near a gritty port city with a commie mayor.
There are two ways to be fooled.

One is to believe what isn't true;

the other is to refuse to believe what is true.

- Søren Kierkegaard

kushluk

Post by kushluk » Fri Aug 05, 2011 1:18 pm

I live in the middle of Bellas Artes (mosqueto and merced), so of course there was a lot of action last night. Basically they destroyed the bridge and set a lot of fires. I went out and mixed a bit. A girl offered me a surgical mask and asked me what school I was from. I said catolica. I took a few videos but then my Ipod died.

Paraíso was still open so I bought a sammitch. All in all not the worst day ever I suppose.

La_Tini

Post by La_Tini » Fri Aug 05, 2011 2:05 pm

Reading this forum sometimes reminds me of watching news on Megavision and makes me wonder if I live in some kind of parallel universum. I attended the demonstrations yesterday between 7 and 11 pm and while we were walking through the streets in Bellas Artes, Plaza de Armas and Alameda, we didn´t see all those violent protestors throwing stones and molotov cocktails as suggested by the pictures published in this post, but mostly pacific people of all ages, high school and university students but also older men and women who showed their discontent by banging on pots and pans. Actually, most of the time it reminded me of a street carnival. Indeed, there were some misguided kids throwing stones at policemen and destroying shop windows. This kind of stuff unfortunately happens, but the student movement itself makes clear that those kind of actions is absolutely counterproductive to their cause and makes calls to keep the protests peaceful. I´ve been following the protests for some time now and I am really impressed with the kind of commitment and iniative the Chilean students are showing, organizing creative protests activities week after week, like musical interventions in the city, students running around the Moneda for 1800 hours nonstop or even public kissing. I don´t think it´s fair to discredit such perserverance and conviction with posts that only focus on a few “looting teenagers”. Actually, the worst violence I saw yesterday was committed by the police force, throwing randomly gas bombs at people or soaking them with the guanaco.

Ventisquero

Post by Ventisquero » Fri Aug 05, 2011 2:31 pm

La-Tini, white people from such ancient centres of civilization as Oklahoma or NZ came down here to have fun and enjoy life, but, alas, some jerks are disturbing them demanding, I can't believe it, quality and accessible education. Why in the world would they need education, if customer service leaves so much to be desired in this country? So long live Tiananmen Square!

zer0nz

Post by zer0nz » Fri Aug 05, 2011 2:54 pm

Ventisquero wrote:La-Tini, white people from such ancient centres of civilization as Oklahoma or NZ came down here to have fun and enjoy life, but, alas, some jerks are disturbing them demanding, I can't believe it, quality and accessible education. Why in the world would they need education, if customer service leaves so much to be desired in this country? So long live Tiananmen Square!

still failing to see your point? Or perhaps your failing to see ours,

Most people agree with free education, or better education, including me,

I DO NOT SUPPORT VIOLENT CRIMINALS!!!!,

La_Tini

Post by La_Tini » Fri Aug 05, 2011 2:58 pm

but are there really so many "violent criminals"? Where??

zer0nz

Post by zer0nz » Fri Aug 05, 2011 3:01 pm

La_Tini wrote:but are there really so many "violent criminals"? Where??
Not sure, i must be blind, i didnt see the buildings on fire, the rocks being thrown, the public property being smashed up, THE PRIVATE PROERPTY being smashed up, the stones being throwen at cars......

Must of all been made up or a figment of my imagenation.

definition of violence.....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Violence

Ventisquero

Post by Ventisquero » Fri Aug 05, 2011 3:03 pm

I think people here on this forum who complain about "violence" and even "terrorists" :mrgreen: simply have no freakin' idea of what violent protests are all about.
To me what's going on is an organized and peaceful protest for a very good, valid and worthy cause, and those foreigners who fail to see that are simply selfish and narrow minded.

zer0nz

Post by zer0nz » Fri Aug 05, 2011 3:08 pm

Ventisquero wrote:I think people here on this forum who complain about "violence" and even "terrorists" :mrgreen: simply have no freakin' idea of what violent protests are all about.
To me what's going on is an organized and peaceful protest for a very good, valid and worthy cause, and those foreigners who fail to see that are simply selfish and narrow minded.

lets make this real simple, if you were the owner of the businesses that got damaged last night as part of the "protests" would you feel that a crime had been commmited against you, or would you simply say, "oh i dont mind losing $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$, good on you students, i dont mind losing my property and business to your cause".