Air Quality in Central & Southern Chile: chemtrails?

General topics related to Living in Chile
Lily-Anne

Air Quality in Central & Southern Chile: chemtrails?

Post by Lily-Anne » Fri Nov 05, 2010 2:24 am

This may seem like a strange question, but what color is the sky, generally speaking, in central and southern Chile? Is it a normal blue? Or is it white &/or hazy? I am not speaking of "normal" smog in Santiago, but south of there. Is there a lot of chem-trail spraying done? I am not talking about a normal contrail that evaporates in a few minutes. I am talking about a beautiful blue sky, criss-crossed with white, fibrous chemtrails that haze out and turn the sky solid white in an hour. Do you have any of that in central and southern Chile and if so, where? I have read that the sort of heavy spraying done in North America is pretty much limited to the NATO countries. Just curious from those of you living there if you see much, if any, spraying done down there.

Thanks in advance!

MikieO

Re: Air Quality in Central & Southern Chile: chemtrails?

Post by MikieO » Fri Nov 05, 2010 3:12 am

Hi Lily-Anne, apart from the days when the HAARP activity is excessive, the sky is green.
At least it is to my rose coloured glasses, and after a mid size box of Gato.
“Now, a lifetime of experience has left me bitter and cynical.” ~ Calvin & Hobbes

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:37 am

Outside the cities such as Santiago, Chile has some of the clearest sky in the World. Thus, why all the deep space observatories are built here.

Just regular old pollution from jets is fairly limited, and likely always will be because Chile is on the way to very few other places. My house in Frutillar down south is directly under the approach to the Puerto Montt airport. I think I see something like 10 - 20 planes a day landing, even on the weekend. Kind of freaky though in a close encounters of the third-kind sort of way when the planes break through the cloud cover at night with their landing lights on only about 8,000 feet above me. You don't hear the engines at all.

Imagine a country the size of the west coast of the U.S., with likly only around 100 to 200 flights a day total in the entire country. 80% are in Santiago. so trails are not really an issue. Other thing I have noticed is that many flights down south, because they land in each major city, never really break much about 10,000 feet for more than a few mins before descending to the next city.
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

yamantako
Location: Shadows, illusion, fantasy, reflections in mirrors.

Post by yamantako » Fri Nov 05, 2010 12:58 pm

Generally, as you move from the coast towards the Andes mountain ranges, the color of the sky changes gradually. From normal blue to dark blue to intense dark blue to "some of the clearest sky in the World".

In the North, you may observe this almost every day. In the South, you must have a good weather for such kind of observations.

Your friend is the special wind that comes from the Andes (not so often though) that is called Viento Puelche. It brings sunny days, usually.

May your life last long.

Yamantako
"The color of the water depends on the color of its container. People cannot know it, until they have a taste of it. Every thing is reflected in it, without veiling, without defect."

oregon woodsmoke

Post by oregon woodsmoke » Fri Nov 05, 2010 3:33 pm

Lots of chemtrails in Santiago. The people are very well chemically controlled. That's why they walk around like zombies and there is no crime and no graffiti. Chemtrails aren't all that bad.

However, if you wear your tinfoil hat in Santiago, you'll be safe. Except that there are a lot of UFOs hanging around, and you know what they are like. Suck your brains out, they will. So don't take your tinfoil hat off for even a second.

regioncentralX

Post by regioncentralX » Sat Nov 06, 2010 12:46 am

Lily-Anne,

As a former NorAm resident and frequent visitor to Zee Fatherland, I understand what you are referring to.

I have only seen them once in Chile in the under a decade I've been here. So no worry there.

HAARP, cell towers popping up all over the place, etc. is a different matter. Maybe Mars might be an option. :alien:
¡ This is Sshiile Weon !

pinguin

Post by pinguin » Sat Nov 06, 2010 8:13 am

Lily-Anne wrote:This may seem like a strange question, but what color is the sky, generally speaking, in central and southern Chile? Is it a normal blue?
I always though the gray sky of Santiago was produced by smog :shock:
However, I had the chance to see some very old pictures of Santiago, and the same tonality of the sky was there, too. How come?
I bet we are giving polution too much importance for colloring the sky.

helibel

Post by helibel » Sat Nov 06, 2010 8:36 am

Pinquin
I always though the gray sky of Santiago was produced by smog :shock:
However, I had the chance to see some very old pictures of Santiago, and the same tonality of the sky was there, too. How come?
I bet we are giving polution too much importance for colloring the sky
That makes no sense at all! There are no Very old photos before 1852 or so and there were plenty of people burning wood or creating smog at that time. Santiago sits in a natural bowl of mountains and hills that encourages SMOG to settle and linger.

pinguin

Post by pinguin » Sat Nov 06, 2010 9:12 am

helibel wrote: That makes no sense at all! There are no Very old photos before 1852 or so and there were plenty of people burning wood or creating smog at that time. Santiago sits in a natural bowl of mountains and hills that encourages SMOG to settle and linger.
Santiago had only 100.000 people in 1852 (1/60 of today's population), no termoelectric plants and no cars. And the sky was blurry as it is today.

Late 19th century

19th century

Notice the sky has always been grey. I suspect that is particulate material rather than gases. In fact, with the introduction of the cathalitic converter the city is cleaner now than in the 60s and 80s (believe it or not), but the sky is still gray. During the 80s and 90s, emergency conditions forced the cities to stop traffic some days! That's not what happen today. I hear one of the main sources of polution are the dust roads that still exist in the rural areas of the region, that contribute with dust particles to the atmosphere, but I am not certain.

Lily-Anne

Post by Lily-Anne » Sat Nov 06, 2010 6:12 pm

Thank you, all, for your replies. It is very reassuring to hear about Chilean skies!! LOVE the pics of old Santiago. Cool!

MikieO - LOL I like your "green sky". haha!

oregon woodsmoke - Good idea! Next time a beautiful blue sky is covered up with a thick white haze from jets flying loops and my kids start sneezing, coughing and complaining of feeling sick, I'll remember to break out the tin foil. LOL :alien: hehe! :D

Patagoniax - Wow! I have not seen blue skies like that in sooo long. The blue skies with fluffy white clouds I remember from childhood are definitely a thing of the past up here as the skies are typically white, but once in awhile a hazy pale blue. Thanks for the pictures. Beautiful!!

regioncentral X - Thank you so much for the reassurance. For someone who has not actually seen it, I know it sounds crazy and like some looney "conspiracy theory." However, you obviously have observed what I am talking about. Recently, I had to take one of my kids to ER. On the other side of the sheet separating us was a three month old infant with BLACK MOLD in its lungs!! I was so shocked! :shock: When the ER doc came in, I asked him about it and he said that yes, it was recently "discovered" that all across our state and the three states surrounding us, there is black mold EVERYWHERE and they don't know where it came from or how it got here. I did some digging when I got home and, lo and behold, among the documented ingredients being sprayed on us was various molds (in addition to barium and arsenic, etc.) I have read that these activities are pretty well limited to the NATO countries. I am so thankful for your affirmation!! Thank you!

Lily-Anne

Post by Lily-Anne » Sat Nov 06, 2010 6:39 pm

Oh, one more question - a couple of you referred to excessive HRRP activity. Are you assuming? (I am not being sarcastic. I am curious.) What are you basing your references to HRRP on? Very curious! :) :?:

pinguin

Post by pinguin » Sat Nov 06, 2010 8:14 pm

Lily-Anne wrote: Patagoniax - Wow! I have not seen blue skies like that in sooo long. The blue skies with fluffy white clouds I remember from childhood are definitely a thing of the past up here as the skies are typically white, but once in awhile a hazy pale blue. Thanks for the pictures. Beautiful!!
If you really want to see clear skies you don't have to go to Patagonia or Santiago but to Northern Chile. There you will find the clearest skies worldwide... :shock:
I am not kidding. That's why we have in Chile the largest telescopes of the Souther Hemisphere. And I mean large. There are some people that comes exclusively to make astronomical tourism.

Pictures