ATM fee

General topics related to Living in Chile
tiagoabner

Re: ATM fee

Post by tiagoabner » Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:52 am

I've just tested my German Wirecard Bank MasterCard and got the same result: no fees. Just for the sake of consistency, I did all tests on the same ATM: the one at Scotiabank on Huerfanos y Mac Over.

Not sure if it's going to work for anyone else, but it might be worth a shot.

Britkid

Post by Britkid » Sun Sep 24, 2017 4:11 pm

MichaelM wrote:I walked by a bank in the Central area the other day, stopped out of curiosity, put my card in the ATM, and ... Voila! NO. FEE.

I was shocked. I've used the same ATM with the same card on several occasions since then, withdrawing various amounts, and haven't been charged a fee yet!!!!

BTW, I was using a Wells Fargo Business Debit card: a Visa card with a PLUS symbol on the back. Wells Fargo still nicked me the typical $5 fee, but no fees from the Santiago banking system. (Just FYI--I've tried 25-30 other ATMs here in Santiago since my arrival on Aug. 11 and all of the other machines were going to charge me a fee.)

So, where IS this all-too-good-to-be-true machine? Well, I'd love to disclose the location but ... you see, the Admin pissed me off the other day. I posted a Classified Ad, which was summarily removed without explanation, and the Admin didn't respond to my inquiry either. So, I'm thinking ... why would I SHARE with his Forum?!?!?!?! You know?!? What goes around, comes around. So, maybe send the Admin a note and thank him for this. In the meantime, just keep searching. Maybe you'll find the right ATM. It's out there.
Yesterday I was walking around somewhere in Las Condes and I found a house with an open door. Out of curiosity, I went in there and found the house full of beatiful women that had fabulous sex with me, gave me lots of money, the best food I have ever had, and a number of intellectual insights that have transformed my life. They said that made it big in life a long time ago, and are looking to give back to society. They also had jet packs, ferraris, a legal version of heroin with no side effects, and iphone Xs. However I am not going to tell any of you the address because that damn blasted admin also did not reply to me once. That'll teach him.
In 2014/2015 I blogged about my life in Chile. http://web.archive.org/web/201601121940 ... age_id=268

MichaelM

Post by MichaelM » Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:38 pm

My mystery ATM absolutely exists. That's the funny part. I was there today--gleefully, I might add.

I suppose in some small way I wonder why ANYONE would live here. Things are grossly expensive, the standard of living really ISN'T that high, and people are rude, rude, rude, rude, rude. Just like the admin on this site. Rude.

What's the draw?!?!?!

O, never mind. Don't waste your time responding. I'm moving inside a week.
Sooner's better than later.
If you're going to New York, you don't get off the bus in Chicago.

eeuunikkeiexpat
Location: Megalith of unknown origin near my digs, south V Region coast

Post by eeuunikkeiexpat » Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:52 pm

Buen viaje, hope you sell your shit somewhere else (I preserved your ad BTW in my elimination of a hundred spam mainly p o r n posts and I understand if admin saw it as spam during that time when he was on crap Internet connections, so be it to you idiotic asshole who has a $5 USD hit on his side. And to top it all off to show I am not not an ass, Admin I believe was indeed an asshole to elimnate your ad but I understand how it happened given the spam flood that occured while he was "away". So CTM maricon mierda de Peru, gringo, no gringo o cualquier variación que es posbile con weaones como tu.
Generally, just a SPAM KILLER. You are on your own in this forum. My personal mission here is done.

BUT when necessary, by way of ridicule and truth revelation we shalt do war.

--eeuunikkeiexpat

Gloria

Post by Gloria » Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:10 am

eeuunikkeiexpat wrote:Buen viaje, hope you sell your shit somewhere else (I preserved your ad BTW in my elimination of a hundred spam mainly p o r n posts and I understand if admin saw it as spam during that time when he was on crap Internet connections, so be it to you idiotic asshole who has a $5 USD hit on his side. And to top it all off to show I am not not an ass, Admin I believe was indeed an asshole to elimnate your ad but I understand how it happened given the spam flood that occured while he was "away". So CTM maricon mierda de Peru, gringo, no gringo o cualquier variación que es posbile con weaones como tu.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: .....this is the BEST friendlier advice if I've ever seen one!.... :lol: :lol: :lol: ..."hope you sell your shit somewhere else" ( that did it for me)...nothing like speaking from the heart!! :lol: :lol:
I'm from the generation of common sense, wisdom and unfiltered answers. Anótese, comuníquese, publíquese, archívese.
Please remind me the reasons why I decided to come back!

mem

Post by mem » Thu Sep 28, 2017 3:28 am

Britkid wrote:

Yesterday I was walking around somewhere in Las Condes and I found a house with an open door. Out of curiosity, I went in there and found the house full of beatiful women that had fabulous sex with me, gave me lots of money, the best food I have ever had, and a number of intellectual insights that have transformed my life. They said that made it big in life a long time ago, and are looking to give back to society. They also had jet packs, ferraris, a legal version of heroin with no side effects, and iphone Xs. However I am not going to tell any of you the address because that damn blasted admin also did not reply to me once. That'll teach him.
Bahahahahaa

I'm very surprised at what some people say about Chile. I mentioned on another forum that I left the USSA for Chile before it was laid waist. They were aghast..."Chile?!? I would never go to that third world hell hole...it would be much better to go to Argentina or Brazil"

!!!!!
yes you read that right. Did not deserve the dignity of a response. The sheer ignorance was powerful and deep...the tard was strong with that one. I'm guessing he/she hasn't ever left north America let alone have a passport

I have to wonder if some people have different definitions of what "living standard" means.

tiagoabner

Post by tiagoabner » Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:05 am

mem wrote:"Chile?!? I would never go to that third world hell hole...it would be much better to go to Argentina or Brazil"
Yep, "60000 murders per year Brazil" or "inflationland Argentina" seems much better than the most stable economy in the region :lol:

tiagoabner

Post by tiagoabner » Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:13 am

Back to the topic in hand, I don't want to be mixed up with Mr. Why-Did-You-Delete-My-Post. I went yesterday to the magical Scotiabank ATM that's not charging me and I took a photo of the receipt. The image is in an URL, I don't want to break the forum's formatting.

https://image.ibb.co/kzMyuQ/IMG_20170928_090242.jpg

Space Cat

Post by Space Cat » Thu Sep 28, 2017 11:17 am

Scotia charges my US Visa Debit but otherwise it is the last bank who doesn't charge most of the foreign cards (at least among the ones available in the south).

serebella

Post by serebella » Wed Oct 04, 2017 2:11 pm

BICE and Banco Internacional still aren't charging (UK Halifax Clarity Mastercard).

MichaelM

Post by MichaelM » Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:25 pm

atm.jpg
People on this particular forum n-e-v-e-r fail to amaze me. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

'Have fun in Rudeland, okay?

MichaelM

Post by MichaelM » Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:25 pm

atm.jpg
People on this particular forum n-e-v-e-r fail to amaze me. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

'Have fun in Rudeland, okay?