Looking for link

General topics related to Living in Chile
Rhodolite

Looking for link

Post by Rhodolite » Tue Feb 16, 2021 4:45 pm

In early 2020 there was a link here on allchile net to a website where you could put someone's name and find their (Chilean) ID number. I have searched a couple of times, from the search field at the top of the page and by scrolling through subjects. I've also tried google search where I find sites that look scammy, not official. If anyone knows this link I would appreciate seeing it again.

snobrd4life

Re: Looking for link

Post by snobrd4life » Tue Feb 16, 2021 5:24 pm

ese ruido blanco es una alarma en mis oídos
Not in Chile for now, but still lurking.

snobrd4life

Post by snobrd4life » Tue Feb 16, 2021 5:25 pm

Sorry, that link works the other way around- RUN/RUT to name.
ese ruido blanco es una alarma en mis oídos
Not in Chile for now, but still lurking.

eeuunikkeiexpat

Post by eeuunikkeiexpat » Tue Feb 16, 2021 6:00 pm

Que será, será.

Rhodolite

Post by Rhodolite » Tue Feb 16, 2021 7:42 pm

Thank you!!

chesswolf

Post by chesswolf » Thu Feb 18, 2021 9:26 am

Thanks for those links. I needed to track down the owner of some land that borders mine and I've found his RUT (I had his name from the planos from the Conservador). I could also find the ROL for the property. Now how do I find him or contact him? Can I look up where the tax statement is sent?

It's a wild story in that he left a cuidador on his property and the cuidador said he didn't even know how to reach the guy. But then, about 6 months ago, the cuidador invited some buddies or relatives of his to sweep in, hang some Mapuche flags, and claim to be reclaiming their ancestral land. The worst part of it all is that the owner is somehow clueless.

fraggle092

Post by fraggle092 » Thu Feb 18, 2021 12:10 pm

chesswolf wrote:
Thu Feb 18, 2021 9:26 am
It's a wild story in that he left a cuidador on his property and the cuidador said he didn't even know how to reach the guy. But then, about 6 months ago, the cuidador invited some buddies or relatives of his to sweep in, hang some Mapuche flags, and claim to be reclaiming their ancestral land. The worst part of it all is that the owner is somehow clueless.
The owner is probably lying low waiting for the whole issue to go away as he knows that the authorities won't help him. This government has virtually surrendered its dominion over parts of Southern Chile, especially the Araucanía region, to ethnic revindication movements and hardly seems to intervene at all these days. The Mapuche cause has been thoroughly hijacked by opportunists and criminal elements.
Bienvenidos a Chaqueteo City.

Après moi, le déluge