Ladrones 3th time in coquimbo/serena

General topics related to Living in Chile
proger

Post by proger » Sat Jan 30, 2021 9:42 pm

this night they came again, they tried to get into the house, i was awake(4am). first time in my life being pin-pointed by gun, luckly they just took our stuff and went on.
im so tired of this shit hole.
me and my chilian wife are looking for a safe tranquil zones, rural areas in patagonia, aysen, chile chico ect ect...
any advise o recommendations about plots of land, houses, rents...we are open, the only condition is SAFETY.
I'm I dreaming or only in the wrong place?

anyway, no more cities, too much delincuentes.

we are also looking to buy car SUV , budget around 13.000.000

hlf2888

Re: Ladrones 3th time in coquimbo/serena

Post by hlf2888 » Sun Jan 31, 2021 1:49 am

Beautiful rural setting, amazing sunrises and sunsets, onsite caretaker, clean air and water, tranquility. Great place to see if you like rural living and to start your land search from. https://www.airbnb.ca/rooms/23064043?ch ... 1&adults=1

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Sun Jan 31, 2021 5:51 am

You got people, you got problems; and north / central Chile definitely has problems.

That said, are you ready for something that remote?

Have you been to the Patagonia?

Have you lived there?

Rural living is not for everyone, and can be a super adjustment if you have never lived in a small rural community. Logistics in the Patagonia can involve some creativity.

Definitely make sure you test the waters and find the right mix of urban / rural living.

Living that far south has its own set of problems; but, generally (in my opinion) the trade off is worth it.

Even in Frutillar, I can not run to a star-bucks for double latte; but, I can drink a cup of no-es-cafe while watching the sun rise above the volcanoes, and actually enjoy it more because of the view it comes with.
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Sun Jan 31, 2021 6:15 am

That said, I got a client selling a three hector property with a cabin just outside Futaleufú. It has a small bit of river frontage on the espolon river (good trout), and is about 4 to 5 km to town. They are asking 80 million.

Futa, for being that far south, has fairly decent infrastructure. A lot of gringos down there. Depending on time of year, it is probably around 10 to 25% foriegners.

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Sun Jan 31, 2021 6:29 am

FYI, if you are planning to move that far south and buying a vehicle, you want a Toyota. Don't even screw around with anything else.

If you buy say a ford, chevrolet, etc, you are not going to find parts when you really need them; and with most other manufacturers you are definitely going to need parts. Day to day driving in the Patagonia will eat a mortal vehicle alive; and has the potential to get you killed in the wrong situation.

You want something designed for reliability from the ground-up while being beat to hell. 4runner, land cruiser, FJ cruiser, Hilux, etc.

Remember, 99% of "SUVS" sold today are mall crawlers / cross overs, designed to look cool. They are at best designed for millinials that want to hall their surf board to the beach once a year or go camping in Yosemite, but are otherwise city vehicles. They will not handle say a regular 3 hour drive on a bad dirt road for any length of time before they start shaking themselves apart.

rocksana

Post by rocksana » Sun Jan 31, 2021 7:39 am

proger wrote:
Sat Jan 30, 2021 9:42 pm
...we are open, the only condition is SAFETY.
I'm I dreaming or only in the wrong place?

anyway, no more cities, too much delincuentes.

Has it been getting worse?? When I have been in CHile it has always been so calm, but I was there last time way before the social unrest. Have things changed?
We want to re re re (many attempts) relocate to Chile maybe next year. We will be happy to swap places :P , we have actually two houses for sale/rent in a very quiet but a little bit far though :lol: in a tiny town in Finnish, with two huge lakes and a big river full of fish, and infinite forest :roll:

prices have dropped here incredibly, it is sooo much much cheaper to live here now than in Chile, go figure.
But I noticed at least that renting properties seems to be a bit cheaper in Chile too, I just took a quick look'

During the first corona wave a lot of people from the capital came to hide here. But I would rather live in a less quiet place in Chile. Last time I was in Coquimbo region was like in 2015, it was very nice and quiet

rocksana

Post by rocksana » Sun Jan 31, 2021 8:10 am

proger wrote:
i was awake(4am). first time in my life being pin-pointed by gun, luckly they just took our stuff and went on.
/quote]

OMG, I had missed the gun part, you mean they really managed to enter the house and confront you??
How scary. I guess you don't live in an apartment

proger

Post by proger » Sun Jan 31, 2021 9:50 am

thanks admin, please send me PM with the contact of the 3 Hac in futa.

yes only toyota, i was thinking about the recent years rav4 whuch seems preety good? hilux and 4runner are big and expensive for us I'm afraid.
rav4 will no survive Patagonia for long?
maybe and old Toyota? really not a cars guy...

proger

Post by proger » Sun Jan 31, 2021 9:54 am

rocksana wrote:
Sun Jan 31, 2021 8:10 am
proger wrote:
i was awake(4am). first time in my life being pin-pointed by gun, luckly they just took our stuff and went on.
/quote]

OMG, I had missed the gun part, you mean they really managed to enter the house and confront you??
How scary. I guess you don't live in an apartment
yes friend, I'm still in shock as the last time I didn't confront those ladrones, really scary... Iv tried to protect my wife...they have nothing to lose and are in grand mayority around here... this why I dont want to wait to the next time

fraggle092

Post by fraggle092 » Sun Jan 31, 2021 10:29 am

Even exurban (or rural) living in the IV region and elsewhere isn't safe due to the increased mobility of criminals who routinely steal a vehicle in advance. The only answer seems to be either living in a secured apartment block or condominium in town, or as already mentioned, getting as far away from the bigger population centres as possible and hope that you are left alone.

In either case, don't expect much police response, especially these days since routine night patrols have stopped.

Break-ins are often dateados, that nana or the plumber who fixed your pipes may drop that magic phrase "estos fulanos tienen plata" into receptive ears.

Proger, I sympathize with your traumatic experience, but you were apparently smart enough not to offer resistance. It's a pity that life here these days has to lived on the defensive in the face of an increasingly aggressive and criminalized population, it never used to be that way.
Bienvenidos a Chaqueteo City.

Après moi, le déluge

proger

Post by proger » Sun Jan 31, 2021 10:41 am

algo como "si, esos weones tienen plata"- which we dont.

I'm careful and rarely accepting people to the house, but they cone in from the roof tops as the houses are clinged together makes impossible to prevent entry. plus, the 0% solidarity from neighbours plays a key factor...

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Sun Jan 31, 2021 1:06 pm

proger wrote:
Sun Jan 31, 2021 9:50 am
thanks admin, please send me PM with the contact of the 3 Hac in futa.

yes only toyota, i was thinking about the recent years rav4 whuch seems preety good? hilux and 4runner are big and expensive for us I'm afraid.
rav4 will no survive Patagonia for long?
maybe and old Toyota? really not a cars guy...
The problem with the rav4, is they dropped the "4". the newer ones are just mostly 2 wheel drive cross-overs.

yea, the nice thing about Toyotas, their engines are just getting broken in at around 50,000 km. I have no problem buying a Toyota with say under 100,000 km, as long as someone changed the oil once or twice. There are lots of 4runners around, just coming off their 5 year warranty, that have never seen a dirt road. The only reason they are for sale is someone is looking for newest buttons and lights on their stereo. Toyota's mission statement is to build vehicles with life expectancy of 25 hard years in a developing country.