Amazon unable to verify ownership of my payment card?

General topics related to Living in Chile
proger

Amazon unable to verify ownership of my payment card?

Post by proger » Sat Dec 12, 2020 5:36 pm

keep getting my account suspended due to payment card from israel i think. this is the message they keep sending me:

"attach a recent billing statement for this payment card. Please ensure the following are visible:
-- The last four digits of the card only. For your security, do not include full card or account numbers.
-- Billing name and address
-- If included in your billing statement, also include a phone number."

its not so clear to me but ive sent them a photos and documents that verify that im am the real card holder and my bank account details ect ect...
but they keep sending me the same email. ive also talked with an agent on the phone but nothing happened.

thanks for the helpers !

frozen-north

Re: Amazon unable to verify ownership of my payment card?

Post by frozen-north » Sun Dec 13, 2020 9:32 am

proger wrote:
keep getting my account suspended due to payment card from israel i think. this is the message they keep sending me:
Are you sure those messages are from Amazon? I don't think that this is a problem you should be trying to solve with Amazon. If there is a problem, then you should contact the financial institution that issued you the payment card; they would be the ones rejecting the payment, and they would be the ones that would have to give the authorization. Amazon should not be asking for proof of anything, aside from informing you that the payment was rejected.

paladin

Re: Amazon unable to verify ownership of my payment card?

Post by paladin » Sun Dec 13, 2020 7:54 pm

sounds to me like a typical fraud. with all the info you send, they can probably open an account ,in your name not necessarily with Amazon. I suggest you call Amazon direct