Got tired of EXTRANJERIA- help plz

General topics related to Living in Chile
proger

Got tired of EXTRANJERIA- help plz

Post by proger » Wed Nov 11, 2020 10:54 am

hello to all.
so its been since july that ive solicited my permit residencia visa. they should have come back to me with answer 3 month later but still nothing, still pending.
i dont know how to contact them, the webstie contact desk or the call center are off.
is there a place to go personally?

what is my status for now? my temporary visa obesely has expired due to their request making all the paperwork 3 month prior to visa expiration date.

can i got out from chile and enter?

if someone had any luck contact them or has any clue what is going on do tell, thanks!

Curtez

Re: Got tired of EXTRANJERIA- help plz

Post by Curtez » Wed Nov 11, 2020 11:04 am

I am about to go down this same road as you so I too am interested in this answer...

alextrombone

Post by alextrombone » Wed Nov 11, 2020 12:02 pm

proger wrote:
Wed Nov 11, 2020 10:54 am
hello to all.
so its been since july that ive solicited my permit residencia visa. they should have come back to me with answer 3 month later but still nothing, still pending.
i dont know how to contact them, the webstie contact desk or the call center are off.
is there a place to go personally?

what is my status for now? my temporary visa obesely has expired due to their request making all the paperwork 3 month prior to visa expiration date.

can i got out from chile and enter?

if someone had any luck contact them or has any clue what is going on do tell, thanks!

Contact the Extranjeria that you filed your visa application with directly. Either make an appointment online and go in person, however most of them aren’t attending to the public right now because of the virus.

Try and call them directly. Most of the Extranjerias have their own number.

proger

Post by proger » Wed Nov 11, 2020 12:32 pm

alextrombone- as i WROTE, already tried all of that, NO ONE to talk to in any kind of media ive tried.

alextrombone

Post by alextrombone » Wed Nov 11, 2020 12:34 pm

What city are you in?

proger

Post by proger » Wed Nov 11, 2020 3:44 pm

la serena-coquimbo

alextrombone

Post by alextrombone » Wed Nov 11, 2020 3:54 pm

You might be best to try and go in person (I’m not sure what phase you guys are in right now)

proger

Post by proger » Wed Nov 11, 2020 6:59 pm

already tried couple of times, its all closed, no one to talk to in person or not.

st130811

Post by st130811 » Wed Nov 11, 2020 10:19 pm

I don't know if this will help since I haven't dealt with them for a while and I don't know if this is something you've tried but I had okay luck with this page. Not fast, but I always got answers.
https://siac.interior.gob.cl/formulario ... on=ingresa

proger

Post by proger » Thu Nov 12, 2020 12:18 am

st130811 wrote:
Wed Nov 11, 2020 10:19 pm
I don't know if this will help since I haven't dealt with them for a while and I don't know if this is something you've tried but I had okay luck with this page. Not fast, but I always got answers.
https://siac.interior.gob.cl/formulario ... on=ingresa
thanks will do.

can i leave chile for a neighbour country and come back? or its too risky visa-wise nowdays?

ghibli

Post by ghibli » Thu Nov 12, 2020 10:30 am

Sorry to say I would definitely advise against trying to leave the country without papers in order. It's been a few years, but I was turned back at the Santiago airport by the PDI. My permanent residency had been approved, but I hadn't been able to finalize the paperwork due to estrangeros screw ups. It cost me a bunch of money as I had to reschedule flights etc etc. The funny thing is that they would not let me fly on my original passport - which as it turns out was a good thing as I possibly would not have been able to get back into chile. Try the website. And/or telephone. Unfortunately waiting is a big part of chile.

tiagoabner

Post by tiagoabner » Thu Nov 12, 2020 11:28 am

proger wrote:
They should have come back to me with an answer 3 months later, but still nothing.
It has been a widely known fact that bureaucracy in Chile takes time, especially visas. Seeing permanent residency applications take over a year is not unheard of. Obviously, this is not your fault, but it's a bit naive to believe in any deadlines given by government offices. On the bright side, they shouldn't be getting any temporary residency applications due to the pandemic, so they'll hopefully be working through the backlog.
proger wrote:
(...) still pending.
Can you please clarify this point? Is your application showing at their online portal already? Did you apply online or in-person? Do you have any document acknowledging that your permanent residency application was received?
proger wrote:
What is my status for now? My temporary visa obesely has expired due to their request making all the paperwork 3 month prior to visa expiration date.
You're legally allowed to stay in the country as long as your permanent residency application is being processed.
proger wrote:
Can I got out of Chile and enter?
If you have a document acknowledging that your permanent residency was received and added to the processing queue. This is where you can get that: http://consultas.extranjeria.gob.cl/

Assuming you have that document, you should be able to leave and return to Chile, subject to a 14-day quarantine (that can be waived should you have a <72 hours PCR test result). From the ChileAtiende website:

"The prohibition of entry to the national territory of non-resident foreigners in the country will be maintained for access through ports, international crossings, border centers, and any other access point. This measure does not include Chilean citizens or residents. Similarly, there is an exception for the following cases:

(...)

Resident foreigners in a regular immigration situation, whether their application for permanent residence or permanence is being processed in Chile, or they have a valid residence or permanent residence permit issued by the Department of Immigration and Migration or provincial governments."

You still need to meet all entry criteria for the country you're traveling to, but that's a given.
I'm NOT your lawyer, accountant or financial planner. All information at this post should be considered for your entertainment only. Consult a professional before making a decision regarding whatever topic was mentioned in this post.