Re: The Vote to Write a New Constution for Chile

Post by passport » Sun Oct 25, 2020 10:00 pm

Quoted rate is "real time" but probably low volume at this hour

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Sun Oct 25, 2020 10:12 pm

78% approve with 62% of votes counted.
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Sun Oct 25, 2020 10:13 pm

I am afraid no one in the headge fund world has stopped to read the current chilean constution yet.

I am waiting for them to figure out over 25% of the worlds copper is hard coded in to the current constution.

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

frozen-north

Post by frozen-north » Sun Oct 25, 2020 10:13 pm

tiagoabner wrote:
Is there a proposed selection method to establish the constitutional assembly in case they decide to dump the congress? I would like very much to know how the representatives would be chosen, if I had a right to vote.

But there are also critics who argue that there may not be a great difference in the type of constitution a mixed or constituent convention would produce. The process used to elect citizens to the constitutional assembly, known as the d’Hondt system, favors larger blocs at the expense of independent candidates or small parties, which means that candidates who form coalitions along party lines will have an advantage. Some say this may result in a constituent assembly with an ideological resemblance to Congress and will therefore produce a constitution similar to one that would emerge out of a mixed convention.

https://www.csis.org/analysis/2020-chil ... ial-impact

Britkid

Post by Britkid » Sun Oct 25, 2020 10:15 pm

exchange rates don´t really move at the weekend. trading markets are closed. forget about the markets until Monday.

By the way, by my calculation, apruebo has just passed the point of mathematical certainty of victory.

Britkid

Post by Britkid » Sun Oct 25, 2020 10:20 pm

I can imagine the phone calls of people calling in sick tomorrow morning.....or arriving somewhat late....maybe don´t turn up to the shop/business dead on its official opening time tomorrow :)

A lot of people on the streets across the country by the look of it.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Sun Oct 25, 2020 10:35 pm

we are technically under quarantine in frutillar, and I can hear the fireworks, cars, etc celebrating in town.

so much for getting out of quartine next week.

Britkid

Post by Britkid » Sun Oct 25, 2020 11:00 pm

Has any city or region voted for Rechazo? Even one?

Looking at TV and facebook I think the number of people that took to the streets across the country to celebrate is probably in the millions. It´s about on a par with if Chile had just won the world cup final...

I think the margin of the victory is notable. Looks like it´s going to be 78% which is more than I thought. I thought it would be 70%. The margin of victory may shake up markets a little even if they baked in the result. Because the margin of the victory tells a story about what else might be possible.....

One of the conclusions of this result is that there is now a high chance of the new constitution being passed.....

Also 80% voting for citizen only consistution and only 20% for partly politicians. Again more than I thought. I thought that would be 60/40.

It´s confirmation of what I said last year I think...in October 2019 it was like Chile suddenly decided to be a more left wing country. I think this is further confirmation of that.

Next year´s elections will see a lot of new faces in politics, many old guard voted out or see the writing on the wall and don´t even run, a shift from right wing to left wing, and more populists than elites. All of this seems if not quite inevitable then at least very likely.

Joaquin Lavin on TV...I think he chose to support apruebo as a strategic move since he figured out rechazo voters wouldn´t be able to win the Presidential race?

fraggle092

Post by fraggle092 » Sun Oct 25, 2020 11:00 pm

All those Apruebo voters can't be wrong, can they?
chilezuela.png
Bienvenidos a Chaqueteo City.

Après moi, le déluge

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Sun Oct 25, 2020 11:02 pm

78.24% for approve at 80.04% of the votes counted.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Sun Oct 25, 2020 11:04 pm

fraggle092 wrote:
Sun Oct 25, 2020 11:00 pm
All those Apruebo voters can't be wrong, can they?
chilezuela.png
please???? venezuela has been rotten to the core with corruption since the start.. that vote in particular set a record for corruption, even by venezuela standards.

tiagoabner

Post by tiagoabner » Sun Oct 25, 2020 11:04 pm

Britkid wrote:
Sun Oct 25, 2020 11:00 pm
Has any city or region voted for Rechazo? Even one?

Looking at TV and facebook I think the number of people that took to the streets across the country to celebrate is probably in the millions. It´s about on a par with if Chile had just won the world cup final...

I think the margin of the victory is notable. Looks like it´s going to be 78% which is more than I thought. I thought it would be 70%. The margin of victory may shake up markets a little even if they baked in the result. Because the margin of the victory tells a story about what else might be possible.....

One of the conclusions of this result is that there is now a high chance of the new constitution being passed.....

Also 80% voting for citizen only consistution and only 20% for partly politicians. Again more than I thought. I thought that would be 60/40.

It´s confirmation of what I said last year I think...in October 2019 it was like Chile suddenly decided to be a more left wing country. I think this is further confirmation of that.

Next year´s elections will see a lot of new faces in politics, many old guard voted out or see the writing on the wall and don´t even run, a shift from right wing to left wing, and more populists than elites. All of this seems if not quite inevitable then at least very likely.

Joaquin Lavin on TV...I think he chose to support apruebo as a strategic move since he figured out rechazo voters wouldn´t be able to win the Presidential race?
Las Condes, Vitacura and Lo Barnechea voted for Rechazo. These were the only comunas.
I'm NOT your lawyer, accountant or financial planner. All information at this post should be considered for your entertainment only. Consult a professional before making a decision regarding whatever topic was mentioned in this post.