The Vote to Write a New Constution for Chile

General topics related to Living in Chile
admin
Site Admin

The Vote to Write a New Constution for Chile

Post by admin » Tue Oct 20, 2020 7:20 am

so they published examples of the ballets for the October 25th vote to write a new constution. as the other threads on the subject were all over the place, thought a new one to follow the vote was needed.

20201020_071344.jpg
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

admin
Site Admin

Re: The Vote to Write a new constution for Chile

Post by admin » Tue Oct 20, 2020 7:24 am

20201020_072336.jpg

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Tue Oct 20, 2020 7:25 am

20201020_072448.jpg
IMG-20201021-WA0001.jpg

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Tue Oct 20, 2020 7:28 am

FYI, for those that have never voted before in chile, you need to cross the line to create "plus" symbol to indicate your choice.

every time I first look at a ballet in chile, my inclination is to put check mark above the line. why chile does it this way, i have no idea.

El Presidente

Re: The Vote to Write a New Constution for Chile

Post by El Presidente » Tue Oct 20, 2020 9:23 pm

Thanks for the useful info admin. This will be my first time voting in Chile so it's good to know the process going in.
“We will not go quietly into the night. We will not vanish without a fight. We’re going to live on. We’re going to survive. Today we celebrate our INDEPENDENCE DAY.” - President Thomas J. Whitmore

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Wed Oct 21, 2020 12:44 pm

oh, you are also suppose to wear a mask, and bring your own blue pen.

nwdiver

Post by nwdiver » Wed Oct 21, 2020 2:04 pm

admin wrote:
Tue Oct 20, 2020 7:28 am
FYI, for those that have never voted before in chile, you need to cross the line to create "plus" symbol to indicate your choice.

every time I first look at a ballet in chile, my inclination is to put check mark above the line. why chile does it this way, i have no idea.
It makes it easily machine readable, very old but very stable technology
It's all about the wine.

eeuunikkeiexpat

Post by eeuunikkeiexpat » Wed Oct 21, 2020 7:49 pm

OK, I know the main topic is "Apruebo" o "Rechazo" but let''s talk about the second part which takes effect if "Apruebo" wins.

A mixed assembly or totally new group of people?

The original "Rechazo" people say vote mixed. But Rechazo JAK whether you like him or not says vote for the people and eject all the career politicians from the process from the commies to the established right.

Makes sense to me. If we go down that perilous Apruebo route, why not stamp out all the previous parasites and let the chips fall where they may for better or worse?
Que será, será.

tiagoabner

Post by tiagoabner » Wed Oct 21, 2020 8:15 pm

eeuunikkeiexpat wrote:
Wed Oct 21, 2020 7:49 pm
OK, I know the main topic is "Apruebo" o "Rechazo" but let''s talk about the second part which takes effect if "Apruebo" wins.

A mixed assembly or totally new group of people?

The original "Rechazo" people say vote mixed. But Rechazo JAK whether you like him or not says vote for the people and eject all the career politicians from the process from the commies to the established right.

Makes sense to me. If we go down that perilous Apruebo route, why not stamp out all the previous parasites and let the chips fall where they may for better or worse?
Is there a proposed selection method to establish the constitutional assembly in case they decide to dump the congress? I would like very much to know how the representatives would be chosen, if I had a right to vote.
I'm NOT your lawyer, accountant or financial planner. All information at this post should be considered for your entertainment only. Consult a professional before making a decision regarding whatever topic was mentioned in this post.

Britkid

Post by Britkid » Wed Oct 21, 2020 8:46 pm

I asked about that on page 7 of "Let us write a constitution for Chile".

I said:
"I am still a bit unclear on how, in April 2021, they will select the people that will write the constitution - in case of a yes vote. It looks like they have to apply rather than random selection like a lottery....and then they have to be elected....by popular vote I think?...that anyone can vote in?? ..Do you just vote for the people applying on behalf of your town/community/region?"

I don´t think anyone replied to that, maybe no-one here knows, I tried to find the answer for 30 minutes or more or googling but didn´t get it.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Wed Oct 21, 2020 9:30 pm

I am voting for a whole new group of people.

I don't want to see any of the useless slime balls in congress writing the new constution.

I might point out they are the lazy asses that decided they did not want to do their job and fix the problems they were elected to fix in the first place, and instead decided a new constution and a new Assembly that would instead push the problems off on someone else to fix. They had the power to fix the laundry list of problems.

basically they quit. they did not want the job.

Fine by me. They are fired.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Wed Oct 21, 2020 9:42 pm

Britkid wrote:
Wed Oct 21, 2020 8:46 pm
I asked about that on page 7 of "Let us write a constitution for Chile".

I said:
"I am still a bit unclear on how, in April 2021, they will select the people that will write the constitution - in case of a yes vote. It looks like they have to apply rather than random selection like a lottery....and then they have to be elected....by popular vote I think?...that anyone can vote in?? ..Do you just vote for the people applying on behalf of your town/community/region?"

I don´t think anyone replied to that, maybe no-one here knows, I tried to find the answer for 30 minutes or more or googling but didn´t get it.
well, and that is probably my number one reason to vote rechazo, is the rules for selecting the new asssembly, at least in part, is still being messed with. some of the rules are set.

they are going to nominate, by a screwed up formula, among the parties and groups, people to run. there is a signature gathering process in local election districts, that is also super convuluted. there will be some sort of slightly easier method for independents to gather signatures.

does that sound vague snd confusing?

yea, because it is.

which at this late date, should definitely not be vague and confusing. I am all for a writing a new constution, but half baked process is not a good way to start.

That actually might be the poison the well strategy the right is counting on, and the left has failed to deal with, because they are too busy promising rainbows and unicorns.

In three years, the whole country will be sick of the whole process, and reject the final vote to adopt the new constution abd we fall back on the current constution.