Buying a used vehicle and transfering through Autofact

General topics related to Living in Chile
vamoschile

Buying a used vehicle and transfering through Autofact

Post by vamoschile » Wed Sep 30, 2020 12:06 pm

Has anyone ever used autofact to transfer a used vehicle? I am wanting to buy a motorcyle and I am getting asked if I want to use autofact and I had never heard of it before and wanted to hear what you all have heard or experienced with this service?

Thanks

Britkid

Re: Buying a used vehicle and transfering through Autofact

Post by Britkid » Wed Sep 30, 2020 12:14 pm

Autofact's main service is to do a number plate check to see what is in the history of the vehicle like any outstanding fines, how many owners, records of the Revision Teknica completed and permiso de circulacion registered.

I didn't even realize they have a transfer service. I don't know much about that. When I have done transfers it has been dealt with by either Registro Civil, notary, or the car yard, or the car dealership. I have done one of each. For cars, never motorcycle.

I don't know about their transfer service. Would it be slightly less secure than the other methods? I am not sure. At least you won't have to queue up or hang around in a small crowd of people outside an office presumably so better COVID wise? But I bet it turns out to be a hassle with posting or scanning documents anyway. Let us know how it works out if you try it.