real estate

General topics related to Living in Chile
ernest65

real estate

Post by ernest65 » Tue Sep 29, 2020 1:00 am

I have been looking for lots or acres for sale in chile. However, are all properties that expensive? or are there other properties within my budget.

I know I am being vague but in general I am looking for 3 or 4 acres to build a house somewhere in the south of chile. I you can set me straight with

this question I greatly appreciate it.

admin
Site Admin

Re: real estate

Post by admin » Tue Sep 29, 2020 6:49 am

Yea, "expensive" is fairly vague.

What is your budget?
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

41southchile

Post by 41southchile » Tue Sep 29, 2020 8:37 am

ernest65 wrote:
Tue Sep 29, 2020 1:00 am

I know I am being vague
Yes you are .

What do you class as South?
Do you want to be in or near town or isolated?
Do you want clear land or forested ?
Electricity or off grid?

They use hectares in Chile, so between 8000sqm and 1.2 hectares ?
Based on your vague description, prices range between 2 million and 1000 million pesos for a 3 or 4 acre lot in the "south",.
The prices ranges for land are for, isolated in the middle of nowhere with no vehicle access or services on the side of a hill covered in forest through to downtown Puerto Varas where internal demand from Santiago is very strong and supply is limited.
“Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.”

fraggle092

Post by fraggle092 » Tue Sep 29, 2020 11:42 am

Last year, my wife sold 1 hectare for CLP $66.000.000 in the Elqui valley. But its flat, on a side road close to the main road with utility-supplied electricity and water. And agricultural water. Close to a small village and not far from the nearest town, Vicuña. All those plusses upped the price.

You get what you pay for, if its cheap its not good.
Still has another hectare for sale, but that's even more expensive. :D
Bienvenidos a Chaqueteo City.

Après moi, le déluge

ernest65

Post by ernest65 » Tue Sep 29, 2020 1:00 pm

Sorry for being vague.
I am interested in property near Chiriuco area.
I prefer isolated.
prefer forested land .
and off grid.

thanks

Electricity or off grid?

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Tue Sep 29, 2020 6:35 pm

ernest65 wrote:
Tue Sep 29, 2020 1:00 pm
Sorry for being vague.
I am interested in property near Chiriuco area.
I prefer isolated.
prefer forested land .
and off grid.

thanks

Electricity or off grid?
That is pretty specific. I got to ask, what you are reading? These sorts of questions typically are because people are reading some type of promotional site.

The short answer is, without knowing what you are readying: yes, it is that expensive.

100 million pesos ($130,000 u.s. ) is pretty much the going rate for 5,000 square (1/2 hectare) meters anywhere near the lake now. There are cheaper and more expensive, but 100 million is pretty much an average now.

The Lake Llanquihue specifically, and Los Lagos region in general, is simply one of the fastest growing areas in the south, and lots of people with lots of money are moving here.

If you find something cheaper it is generally going to be for various good reasons (e.g. long way from a desirable area, need to build a road, no eletricity, no water, etc).

You have to provide more info about what you are looking for, for anyone to be of help you.

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Wed Oct 07, 2020 5:47 pm

seen this article this morning and thought of this thread.
Screenshot_20201007-082155_Brave.jpg

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Wed Oct 07, 2020 5:51 pm

In short, massive demand for real estate in puerto varas and all around the lake down south.

Just this morning we were talking to a real estate agent in PV that said she has never seen anything like it. anything that will keep the rain off is being snapped up by people fleeing the cities in chile.

Mostly people that can work remotely. no one wants to be locked down in a city again, nor deal with another social whatever.

for31

Post by for31 » Wed Oct 07, 2020 7:29 pm

I am genuinely wondering who is buying all that real estate ? I've been living in Chile for a while and I am still puzzled about this country. Looking at the recent definition of the "upper middle class" in Chile their household income is at the level of ~2.500.000 CLP or so, before taxes (if to believe the official numbers). Now, how can they afford buying a property at 10000+ UF (Santiago Oriente, i.e. Vitacura, Las Condes, etc..) ? And those comunas are full of people of "the middle class". To me the real estate pricing in Santiago is totally insane, especially considering the local salaries.

During the recent quarantine local TV was literally crying about "cajas para el clase medio", yet in August (after the quarantine was lifted) I saw long queues of people in auto dealerships, real estates agents were quite busy and it seems sales were going pretty well :o

Can anyone explain me what's the reality ? I am just lost :)

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Wed Oct 07, 2020 8:20 pm

99.9% of the wealth of chile is tied up in real estate or is connected to real estate.

From the house the little old lady on a pension has lived in for 60 years, to the young yuppie couples first apartment, to the vinyards and farms, to the mines that underwrite the entire economy and the value of the currency.

and, the government has no number I have ever seen that comes close to caputurimg the real market value.

so, the sob story about how poor all chileans are, is simply a myth being pushed by the left in chile.

are there poor people in chile?

yes

but, nowhere as many as it is spun; and even most of those are a hell of a lot richer than any other poor in latin america, let alone the World. even a large number of those "poor" are really very land rich. I know millionares in chile with no running water in their house and their monthly income is a few hundred a month. no one has ever formally vallued their property, and it is tax exempt. so how is that supposed to translate to a government statistic?

possibly, the value of the chilean currency directly is the only even close measure of the wealth of chile.

for31

Post by for31 » Wed Oct 07, 2020 8:42 pm

Thanks for such a detailed reply ! However, I am still confused. Are you trying to say that majority of Chilean economy is in a shady business ? ;) In other words, do you think the mentioned household income of 2.500.000 CLP is grossly underestimated by the government ? I totally understand accepted market value of the property, however the question is - where people get the money to buy real estate right now ? I hardly believe majority just sell whatever assets they've got and re-invest in another real estate. Who are those thousands of people buying 10000+ UF apartments in Vitacura or Las Condes ? Miners do have good salaries indeed, but I am not sure they (salaries) are at the level of 10.000.000 CLP per month (with the exception of upper management, I guess). Still curious ..

Just on practical side, what kind of income in Chile does one need to buy a property of ~10.000 UF ?

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Wed Oct 07, 2020 8:44 pm

Just ask the hatians, the colombians, the venezuelans, the Argentinas the bolivians, if they think chileans are poor.

They are not crossing mind fields in the desert to get poorer.