Chilean daylight savings time 2020

General topics related to Living in Chile
tiagoabner

Chilean daylight savings time 2020

Post by tiagoabner » Mon Aug 31, 2020 12:33 pm

Hi, fellow forumites.

Just a quick reminder that on Sunday, September 6, will be the first day of daylight savings time. On Saturday, 9/5, when the clock moves from 11:59 pm to midnight, all clocks are to be advanced one hour, straight to 1 am.

https://www.elmostrador.cl/dia/2020/08/ ... 0madrugada.

Just a quick reminder. I don't think there will be that many of you taking early Sunday flights during a pandemic, but you never know. :lol:
I'm NOT your lawyer, accountant or financial planner. All information at this post should be considered for your entertainment only. Consult a professional before making a decision regarding whatever topic was mentioned in this post.

fraggle092

Re: Chilean daylight savings time 2020

Post by fraggle092 » Tue Sep 01, 2020 12:03 am

Another time change = another rant by me.
There is only one location on the internet publishing Chile's official time. Here, at https://www.horaoficial.cl
Hora Oficial.png
What happens when that page is accessed is that a bunch of javascript is downloaded and run on your computer.
The browser periodically requests UTC time, and the script frigs with it to produce the displayed values .
That script is edited in advance to match the latest Congressonal time transition decision. Must really give them a little power trip to know that people all over the world, even the likes of Google and Microsoft have to make manual time tweaks to comply with their decrees.
timefrig.jpg
My solution. But I too will have to adjust it manually (in a javascript as well).
dash cutout.png
Bienvenidos a Chaqueteo City.

Après moi, le déluge

Britkid

Re: Chilean daylight savings time 2020

Post by Britkid » Sat Sep 05, 2020 6:49 pm

Just replying to this to bump the thread back up to the top of the list.