'paso a paso" rules for traveling between comunas... and related stuff

General topics related to Living in Chile
eeuunikkeiexpat
Location: Megalith of unknown origin near my digs, south V Region coast

Re: 'paso a paso" rules for traveling between comunas

Post by eeuunikkeiexpat » Fri Aug 28, 2020 10:52 pm

ghibli wrote:
Fri Aug 28, 2020 8:56 pm
Lately I've been seeing people obviously from Santiago who are obviously visiting second homes and only staying a few days (i.e.. no 14 day quarantine.)
I surmise they are breaking the rules. People here will tattletale on those who seem to be from out of town staying in their second home. Also, a PDI team goes around exactly checking this out and the fines are quite high. Many do get turned around at the cordon sanitaria.
There are two ways to be fooled.

One is to believe what isn't true;

the other is to refuse to believe what is true.

- Søren Kierkegaard

eeuunikkeiexpat

Post by eeuunikkeiexpat » Fri Aug 28, 2020 10:55 pm

My wife and grandson travel to Santiasco (first time since May) for a medical appointment on Monday and a week later, I visit Santiasco (first time since early March) for a medical appointment. Both doctor office destinations in Santiago are currently in Step 2. I will report on the current situation.

- Søren Kierkegaard

ghibli

Post by ghibli » Sat Aug 29, 2020 12:25 pm

to eeuunikkeiexpat - thank you. I will look forward to your report. Wishing you all a safe trip.

vamoschile

Post by vamoschile » Sun Aug 30, 2020 8:29 pm

eeuunikkeiexpat wrote:
Fri Aug 28, 2020 10:55 pm
My wife and grandson travel to Santiasco (first time since May) for a medical appointment on Monday and a week later, I visit Santiasco (first time since early March) for a medical appointment. Both doctor office destinations in Santiago are currently in Step 2. I will report on the current situation.
I have gone at least 6 times in the last 3 months from O'higgins region to Santiago and we have only been stoped once when returning to O'higgins. You most likely wont even be stopped or asked questions.

eeuunikkeiexpat

Post by eeuunikkeiexpat » Sun Aug 30, 2020 8:57 pm

vamoschile wrote:
Sun Aug 30, 2020 8:29 pm
eeuunikkeiexpat wrote:
Fri Aug 28, 2020 10:55 pm
I have gone at least 6 times in the last 3 months from O'higgins region to Santiago and we have only been stoped once when returning to O'higgins. You most likely wont even be stopped or asked questions.
All depends, if you take the bus (checks at the bus terminal) and/or have to go through a cordon sanitaria (in and out of San Antonio) one will be stopped before proceeding or denied. Looks like my wife and grandson will just need a single c19.cl medical reason to travel which I will print out early tomorrow morning. Will send them off with a printout of the appointment and the original doctor order as backups for it.

- Søren Kierkegaard

eeuunikkeiexpat

Post by eeuunikkeiexpat » Mon Aug 31, 2020 1:20 pm

Outgoing, according to wife, checkpoint at Terminal Barrancas and then the cordon sanitaria at Leyda. Everyone off the bus who had a bag checked in the hold. Two passengers were turned back to San Antonio at this checkpoint. Sounds like a checked bag is possible evidence of a trip beyond a medical, funeral or work reason.

- Søren Kierkegaard

eeuunikkeiexpat

Post by eeuunikkeiexpat » Mon Aug 31, 2020 8:08 pm

Return, my wife was almost denied reentry into San Antonio at the Leyda cordon sanitaria. Official demanded proof of bono payment for nieto's medical visit which she did not have as nieto's mama paid for it. Somehow she was allowed to finally pass. A man who had been drinking on the bus was detained. Looks like I will have to cancel my appointment next week as it is an already paid followup visit with no same day payment proof to show. Don't need the stress.

Moral: the San Antonio cordon sanitaria is not a joke.

- Søren Kierkegaard

ghibli

Post by ghibli » Mon Aug 31, 2020 8:32 pm

eeuunikkeiespat thanks for posting the news - albeit a bit distressing. I'm soooo glad your wife was able to get home. I guess I won't even try.
I've already cured myself of two infections, so.... Perhaps your medico could give you some kind of receipt or proof that he/she saw you?

I am still wondering about how people are beating the cordon. There were Lots of people here for the weekend in their second homes. Mostly gone now, Monday. Maybe they come up route 66 via Melipilla. Don't know. Don't miss them. They tend to be aggressively rude alas.

eeuunikkeiexpat

Post by eeuunikkeiexpat » Mon Aug 31, 2020 8:41 pm

Probably a matter of geography, San Antonio is easy to control via the Lo Gallardo Bridge to the south and cruce Cartagena to the north and the authorities learned early on which backroads led to the poblaciones in the hills of San Antonio.

- Søren Kierkegaard

eeuunikkeiexpat

Post by eeuunikkeiexpat » Tue Sep 01, 2020 9:41 pm

Didn't want to post this originally but it needs to be said. The conduct of the all female SEREMI DE SALUD workers with full confidence of being backed up by the nearby all male CARABINEROS at the Leyda cordon sanitaria for San Antonio, makes them VERY ARROGANT and VERY DISMISSIVE of the situation of persons needing to cross the barrier. ALL are treated like criminals or liers even when persons politely protest against their attitude and behavior.

My wife finally related all and got this off her chest. Very pitiful the treatment of the persons making this god awful trip because of necessity. My wife said the driver and others spoke up in support of her when she could not show the bono payment.

Fuckin overpayed gov ass employees.

- Søren Kierkegaard

thisisreallycomplicated

Post by thisisreallycomplicated » Sat Sep 05, 2020 3:25 pm

thisisreallycomplicated wrote:
Fri Aug 28, 2020 3:04 pm
RuneTheChookcha wrote:
Fri Aug 28, 2020 2:32 pm
thisisreallycomplicated wrote:
Fri Aug 28, 2020 12:52 pm
eeuunikkeiexpat wrote:
Fri Aug 28, 2020 12:41 pm
International border if applicable.
Ok, so there aren't any restrictions traveling between 2 comunas in quarantine (assuming you have a permit). It's only a problem if 1 is quarantined, and the other isn't. It's like Coquimbo and La Serena are 1 combined quarantined area.
This has to be verified, IMO, and double checked (with a link to the source regulation). The legality of travel between Viña del Mar and Valparaíso too.
I emailed a question to comisaria.salvoconductos@carabineros.cl earlier, but haven't heard back yet. If they respond (I have my doubts) I'll post it here.
they never responded
“Now it’s conspiracy – they’ve made that something that should not even be entertained for a minute, that powerful people might get together and have a plan. Doesn’t happen, you’re a kook, you’re a conspiracy buff!” – George Carlin

thisisreallycomplicated

Re: 'paso a paso" rules for traveling between comunas... and related stuff

Post by thisisreallycomplicated » Sat Sep 05, 2020 3:26 pm

Does anyone know if there's a permit that allows going to the Correos office? I need to mail something, and check my casilla. Thanks.
“Now it’s conspiracy – they’ve made that something that should not even be entertained for a minute, that powerful people might get together and have a plan. Doesn’t happen, you’re a kook, you’re a conspiracy buff!” – George Carlin