'paso a paso" rules for traveling between comunas... and related stuff

General topics related to Living in Chile
scandinavian

Re: 'paso a paso" rules for traveling between comunas

Post by scandinavian » Fri Aug 28, 2020 3:33 pm

Travelling between comunas in RM that are under quarantine phase 1 has not been a problem. Millions do it every week. Of course you need the permiso.

thisisreallycomplicated

Post by thisisreallycomplicated » Fri Aug 28, 2020 3:34 pm

fraggle092 wrote:
Fri Aug 28, 2020 3:20 pm
There's a block in that form where you indicate the destination. If you put "Centro La Serena" and the solicitud is accepted, that should be good enough.
Mine always get accepted immediately, so I figured noone actually reads them. And it's just an unformatted text field, so I doubt there's any validation being done by a computer. I'm guessing you might not know there's a problem, until it's too late. But that's just a guess.
“Now it’s conspiracy – they’ve made that something that should not even be entertained for a minute, that powerful people might get together and have a plan. Doesn’t happen, you’re a kook, you’re a conspiracy buff!” – George Carlin

thisisreallycomplicated

Post by thisisreallycomplicated » Fri Aug 28, 2020 3:44 pm

scandinavian wrote:
Fri Aug 28, 2020 3:33 pm
Travelling between comunas in RM that are under quarantine phase 1 has not been a problem. Millions do it every week. Of course you need the permiso.
That's encouraging. The only thing I've read so far that concerns me, is the thing about borders. But EEUU pointed out that it's only international borders, so I might take my chances with a trip to La Serena.
“Now it’s conspiracy – they’ve made that something that should not even be entertained for a minute, that powerful people might get together and have a plan. Doesn’t happen, you’re a kook, you’re a conspiracy buff!” – George Carlin

RuneTheChookcha

Post by RuneTheChookcha » Fri Aug 28, 2020 3:48 pm

eeuunikkeiexpat wrote:
Fri Aug 28, 2020 3:26 pm
RuneTheChookcha wrote:
Fri Aug 28, 2020 3:17 pm
I am under quarantine at least from 13-June (BTW, can you name any other country and city with a longer period)
Comuna of Independencia RM was part of the first set of comunas in quarantine and has never come out of it.

Edit: I see the irony now given the name.
Argies: 160 days of "quaranternity":

https://www.dw.com/en/coronavirus-argen ... a-54721129
perdimonocle-19

tiagoabner

Post by tiagoabner » Fri Aug 28, 2020 3:53 pm

RuneTheChookcha wrote:
Fri Aug 28, 2020 3:48 pm
eeuunikkeiexpat wrote:
RuneTheChookcha wrote:
I am under quarantine at least from 13-June (BTW, can you name any other country and city with a longer period)
Comuna of Independencia RM was part of the first set of comunas in quarantine and has never come out of it.

Damn. I'm in favor of quarantine/lockdown as a last resort measure to spread the virus, but that's ridicule.
I'm NOT your lawyer, accountant or financial planner. All information at this post should be considered for your entertainment only. Consult a professional before making a decision regarding whatever topic was mentioned in this post.

tiagoabner

Post by tiagoabner » Fri Aug 28, 2020 4:12 pm

thisisreallycomplicated wrote:
Fri Aug 28, 2020 10:05 am
I'm in Coquimbo, and we're in quarantine (step 1). Does anyone here know if I'm allowed to go to the ServiEstado in La Serena, if I get a permit from comisariavirtual.cl? They're also in step 1.

Also, is someone from Santiago allowed to come to my house in Coquimbo, while we're in step 1? Thanks.
This is the government's official FAQ on this matter: https://cdn.digital.gob.cl/public_files ... 082020.pdf

If you're in an area under lockdown stage 1, you are expected to stay home unless you have a "permiso" or a "salvoconducto". The main difference is that "salvoconductos" allow you to cross "cordón sanitários", while "permisos" don't allow you to do so. Health-related "salvonductos" are valid during the curfew hours (10 pm to 5 am), while other permisos and salvoconductos as a rule aren't valid after 10 pm. Most permisos are valid for 3 hours. This link from 24 Horas has a decent map of "Cordón Sanitários", and they update it daily: https://www.24horas.cl/data/en-actualiz ... is-4115601 . The official government's website has the same info, but I find their way of showing this data not as useful.

Both salvoconductos and permisos are issued at the Comisaria Virtual website, and there is a list of eligible activities that can be done with them. These include buying groceries, going to the doctor, going to a court summons, and donating blood. Given that there is no "cordón sanitário" between Coquimbo and La Serena being listed at this time, you should be able to go to a "Serviestado" using a "Permiso Temporal Individual - Pago de servicios básicos y gestiones". Please notice that you are expected to go to the nearest location where you can do whatever you need to do. I'm not sure if carabineros are checking it out, but I wouldn't f*%k around with them.

Regarding the person that wants to go to your house, will they be moving there or would they be visiting? They would be allowed one "Salvoconducto individual - Mudanza" do move to a new home, but that one has a lot of requirements and I really advise checking it out in detail. Take special notice of the need of a notarized "salvoconducto de mudanzas" from a public notary. If the person only wants to visit you (as opposed to moving permanently), then they are out of luck.
I'm NOT your lawyer, accountant or financial planner. All information at this post should be considered for your entertainment only. Consult a professional before making a decision regarding whatever topic was mentioned in this post.

tiagoabner

Post by tiagoabner » Fri Aug 28, 2020 4:20 pm

Fri Aug 28, 2020 3:04 pm
RuneTheChookcha wrote:
Fri Aug 28, 2020 2:32 pm
Fri Aug 28, 2020 12:52 pm
eeuunikkeiexpat wrote:
Fri Aug 28, 2020 12:41 pm
International border if applicable.
Ok, so there aren't any restrictions traveling between 2 comunas in quarantine (assuming you have a permit). It's only a problem if 1 is quarantined, and the other isn't. It's like Coquimbo and La Serena are 1 combined quarantined area.
This has to be verified, IMO, and double checked (with a link to the source regulation). The legality of travel between Viña del Mar and Valparaíso too.
I emailed a question to comisaria.salvoconductos@carabineros.cl earlier, but haven't heard back yet. If they respond (I have my doubts) I'll post it here.
I've sent them emails a bunch of times already and I never heard back from them.

eeuunikkeiexpat
Location: Megalith of unknown origin near my digs, south V Region coast

Post by eeuunikkeiexpat » Fri Aug 28, 2020 5:40 pm

Be aware, a person going between REGIONS also need a permiso from c19.cl on top of any needed local comisaria permiso.
There are two ways to be fooled.

One is to believe what isn't true;

the other is to refuse to believe what is true.

- Søren Kierkegaard

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Fri Aug 28, 2020 6:57 pm

tiagoabner wrote:
Fri Aug 28, 2020 3:53 pm
RuneTheChookcha wrote:
Fri Aug 28, 2020 3:48 pm
eeuunikkeiexpat wrote:
RuneTheChookcha wrote:

Damn. I'm in favor of quarantine/lockdown as a last resort measure to spread the virus, but that's ridicule.
Now, Argentina, which had long been among those countries with the best handle on the coronavirus, has surpassed Sweden in numbers of infections and deaths — despite its strict lockdown measures. Rosendo Fraga sees dark days ahead: "Argentina has long been famous for its inability to learn from past mistakes in order to avoid repeating them. That may change with the coronavirus pandemic, but it would astonish me if it did."
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

amazing how Argentinian's can blow smoke up everyone's ass, and people believe them, over, and over, and over again.

"This time is different" never ever applies to Argentina.
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

thisisreallycomplicated

Post by thisisreallycomplicated » Fri Aug 28, 2020 8:17 pm

tiagoabner wrote:
Fri Aug 28, 2020 4:12 pm
This is the government's official FAQ on this matter: https://cdn.digital.gob.cl/public_files ... 082020.pdf

If you're in an area under lockdown stage 1, you are expected to stay home unless you have a "permiso" or a "salvoconducto". The main difference is that "salvoconductos" allow you to cross "cordón sanitários", while "permisos" don't allow you to do so. Health-related "salvonductos" are valid during the curfew hours (10 pm to 5 am), while other permisos and salvoconductos as a rule aren't valid after 10 pm. Most permisos are valid for 3 hours. This link from 24 Horas has a decent map of "Cordón Sanitários", and they update it daily: https://www.24horas.cl/data/en-actualiz ... is-4115601 . The official government's website has the same info, but I find their way of showing this data not as useful.

Both salvoconductos and permisos are issued at the Comisaria Virtual website, and there is a list of eligible activities that can be done with them. These include buying groceries, going to the doctor, going to a court summons, and donating blood. Given that there is no "cordón sanitário" between Coquimbo and La Serena being listed at this time, you should be able to go to a "Serviestado" using a "Permiso Temporal Individual - Pago de servicios básicos y gestiones". Please notice that you are expected to go to the nearest location where you can do whatever you need to do. I'm not sure if carabineros are checking it out, but I wouldn't f*%k around with them.
Thanks, that helps. I still don't see a clear answer about moving between quarantined comunas, but I'm getting a better understanding of the whole mess. So far it seems like it's probably ok, if there isn't a closer option.
tiagoabner wrote:
Fri Aug 28, 2020 4:12 pm
Regarding the person that wants to go to your house, will they be moving there or would they be visiting? They would be allowed one "Salvoconducto individual - Mudanza" do move to a new home, but that one has a lot of requirements and I really advise checking it out in detail. Take special notice of the need of a notarized "salvoconducto de mudanzas" from a public notary. If the person only wants to visit you (as opposed to moving permanently), then they are out of luck.
It's just for a visit. It's easier for me if they don't, so I won't complain about this one:)

thisisreallycomplicated

Post by thisisreallycomplicated » Fri Aug 28, 2020 8:26 pm

eeuunikkeiexpat wrote:
Fri Aug 28, 2020 5:40 pm
Be aware, a person going between REGIONS also need a permiso from c19.cl on top of any needed local comisaria permiso.
That might help discourage them, thanks

ghibli

Post by ghibli » Fri Aug 28, 2020 8:56 pm

I've been unable to leave my town, medical emergencies excepted, since 14 May. 106 days. Getting old. Haven't been able to get to Santiago since March sometime... Lately I've been seeing people obviously from Santiago who are obviously visiting second homes and only staying a few days (i.e.. no 14 day quarantine.) So clearly there must be a type of salvoconducto as tiagoabner so helpfully points out.
Truthfully I've been intimidated by the complications and the mass of military, carabs, and health care workers. I suppose the first time will be the hardest. Will advise if I live. Thanks for the forum on this particular problem.