'paso a paso" rules for traveling between comunas... and related stuff

General topics related to Living in Chile
thisisreallycomplicated

'paso a paso" rules for traveling between comunas... and related stuff

Post by thisisreallycomplicated » Fri Aug 28, 2020 10:05 am

I'm in Coquimbo, and we're in quarantine (step 1). Does anyone here know if I'm allowed to go to the ServiEstado in La Serena, if I get a permit from comisariavirtual.cl? They're also in step 1.

Also, is someone from Santiago allowed to come to my house in Coquimbo, while we're in step 1? Thanks.
“Now it’s conspiracy – they’ve made that something that should not even be entertained for a minute, that powerful people might get together and have a plan. Doesn’t happen, you’re a kook, you’re a conspiracy buff!” – George Carlin

eeuunikkeiexpat
Location: Megalith of unknown origin near my digs, south V Region coast

Re: 'paso a paso" rules for traveling between comunas

Post by eeuunikkeiexpat » Fri Aug 28, 2020 11:58 am

There is a tramite on comisariavirtual.cl for that:

05 Permiso Temporal Individual - Pago de servicios básicos y gestiones

You have three hours to complete your mission so do the tramite right before you leave the casa.

The Santiago person cannot go to a different region and comuna in Step 1 unless they can show residency in the destination, valid mediical or special job situations. That is a separate tramite at c19.cl. If they do have the proper permiso, they are supposed to be in mandatory quarantine for 14 days at the destination comuna. If the Santiago person is in a Step 1 comuna, then they also need to do a comisariavirtual.cl tramite.
There are two ways to be fooled.

One is to believe what isn't true;

the other is to refuse to believe what is true.

- Søren Kierkegaard

thisisreallycomplicated

Post by thisisreallycomplicated » Fri Aug 28, 2020 12:31 pm

eeuunikkeiexpat wrote:
Fri Aug 28, 2020 11:58 am
There is a tramite on comisariavirtual.cl for that:

05 Permiso Temporal Individual - Pago de servicios básicos y gestiones

You have three hours to complete your mission so do the tramite right before you leave the casa.
I hope you're right. But this page:
https://www.gob.cl/coronavirus/pasoapaso/
says "El libre tránsito por fronteras terrestres y áreas." is prohibited. I don't know exactly what that means, but it sounds like going across borders isn't allowed. Does that include the border between La Serena and Coquimbo?
“Now it’s conspiracy – they’ve made that something that should not even be entertained for a minute, that powerful people might get together and have a plan. Doesn’t happen, you’re a kook, you’re a conspiracy buff!” – George Carlin

eeuunikkeiexpat

Post by eeuunikkeiexpat » Fri Aug 28, 2020 12:41 pm

International border if applicable.

- Søren Kierkegaard

thisisreallycomplicated

Post by thisisreallycomplicated » Fri Aug 28, 2020 12:52 pm

eeuunikkeiexpat wrote:
Fri Aug 28, 2020 12:41 pm
Ok, so there aren't any restrictions traveling between 2 comunas in quarantine (assuming you have a permit). It's only a problem if 1 is quarantined, and the other isn't. It's like Coquimbo and La Serena are 1 combined quarantined area.

RuneTheChookcha

Post by RuneTheChookcha » Fri Aug 28, 2020 2:32 pm

thisisreallycomplicated wrote:
Fri Aug 28, 2020 12:52 pm
eeuunikkeiexpat wrote:
Ok, so there aren't any restrictions traveling between 2 comunas in quarantine (assuming you have a permit). It's only a problem if 1 is quarantined, and the other isn't. It's like Coquimbo and La Serena are 1 combined quarantined area.
This has to be verified, IMO, and double checked (with a link to the source regulation). The legality of travel between Viña del Mar and Valparaíso too.
perdimonocle-19

thisisreallycomplicated

Post by thisisreallycomplicated » Fri Aug 28, 2020 3:04 pm

RuneTheChookcha wrote:
Fri Aug 28, 2020 2:32 pm
eeuunikkeiexpat wrote:
This has to be verified, IMO, and double checked (with a link to the source regulation). The legality of travel between Viña del Mar and Valparaíso too.
I emailed a question to comisaria.salvoconductos@carabineros.cl earlier, but haven't heard back yet. If they respond (I have my doubts) I'll post it here.

thisisreallycomplicated

Post by thisisreallycomplicated » Fri Aug 28, 2020 3:07 pm

RuneTheChookcha wrote:
Fri Aug 28, 2020 2:32 pm
eeuunikkeiexpat wrote:
Do you know anyone who's traveled between quarantined comunas, and hasn't gotten in trouble for it? None of this is rational, otherwise I'd just use common sense.

RuneTheChookcha

Post by RuneTheChookcha » Fri Aug 28, 2020 3:17 pm

I am under quarantine at least from 13-June (BTW, can you name any other country and city with a longer period), and have never tried to go to Viña from Valpo since then. My provider of huevos de campo refuses to travel from Viña commune to Valpo, I asked her repeatedly.

Having said that, I have not researched into the legality of such travel. On my permits I must indicate my home address, and this is in Valpo. So, my understanding is that technically I will leave and re-enter the community in phase 1 if going to Viña and back.
perdimonocle-19

fraggle092

Post by fraggle092 » Fri Aug 28, 2020 3:20 pm

There's a block in that form where you indicate the destination. If you put "Centro La Serena" and the solicitud is accepted, that should be good enough.
Bienvenidos a Chaqueteo City.

Après moi, le déluge

RuneTheChookcha

Post by RuneTheChookcha » Fri Aug 28, 2020 3:26 pm

fraggle092 wrote:
Fri Aug 28, 2020 3:20 pm
There's a block in that form where you indicate the destination. If you put "Centro La Serena" and the solicitud is accepted, that should be good enough.
The software will accept ANY destination (this form field is just a normal text input area).
perdimonocle-19

eeuunikkeiexpat

Post by eeuunikkeiexpat » Fri Aug 28, 2020 3:26 pm

RuneTheChookcha wrote:
Fri Aug 28, 2020 3:17 pm
I am under quarantine at least from 13-June (BTW, can you name any other country and city with a longer period)
Comuna of Independencia RM was part of the first set of comunas in quarantine and has never come out of it.

Edit: I see the irony now given the name.

- Søren Kierkegaard