Banco de Chile deposits through Servipag or ServiEstado? and related stuff

General topics related to Living in Chile
thisisreallycomplicated

Banco de Chile deposits through Servipag or ServiEstado? and related stuff

Post by thisisreallycomplicated » Tue Mar 24, 2020 4:40 am

Can you deposit cash into someone else's Banco de Chile account at a Servipag branch? I seem to remember it being possible, but that was a long time ago. And what about ServiEstado? Or does that only work with Banco Estado accounts? Thanks.
“Now it’s conspiracy – they’ve made that something that should not even be entertained for a minute, that powerful people might get together and have a plan. Doesn’t happen, you’re a kook, you’re a conspiracy buff!” – George Carlin

RuneTheChookcha

Re: Banco de Chile deposits through Servipag or ServiEstado?

Post by RuneTheChookcha » Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:37 pm

I could be wrong, but one cannot deposit into any sort of a bank account at ServiPag: neither someone else's, nor your own, regardless of the bank.

At ServiEstado, you can deposit into any type of a Banco Estado account, someone else's, your own, but not the other banks, only into a Banco Estado account.

You have to visit a Banco de Chile branch to deposit cash into someone else's Banco de Chile account.

thisisreallycomplicated

Post by thisisreallycomplicated » Tue Mar 24, 2020 9:20 pm

RuneTheChookcha wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:37 pm
I could be wrong, but one cannot deposit into any sort of a bank account at ServiPag: neither someone else's, nor your own, regardless of the bank.
I remember going there to pay my VTR bill a long time ago, and they had a bunch of banks listed on their wall (just not the one I needed). And I thought you could make deposits, but I never tried it. So it might have been possible back then, but things keep changing. There used be something for Santander, but I haven't seen it for a long time. I think it was called SuperCaja.
RuneTheChookcha wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:37 pm
At ServiEstado, you can deposit into any type of a Banco Estado account, someone else's, your own, but not the other banks, only into a Banco Estado account.
Thanks, that's what I thought.
“Now it’s conspiracy – they’ve made that something that should not even be entertained for a minute, that powerful people might get together and have a plan. Doesn’t happen, you’re a kook, you’re a conspiracy buff!” – George Carlin

tiagoabner

Post by tiagoabner » Tue Mar 24, 2020 9:54 pm

Serviestado belongs to Banco Estado, so you can only do deposits to their accounts there.

Servipag is a joint venture owned by BCI and Banco de Chile, so you can deposit there at accounts from either bank, as well as those associated with them (BCI Nova, Banco Edwards etc).
I'm NOT your lawyer, accountant or financial planner. All information at this post should be considered for your entertainment only. Consult a professional before making a decision regarding whatever topic was mentioned in this post.

thisisreallycomplicated

Post by thisisreallycomplicated » Tue Mar 24, 2020 10:25 pm

tiagoabner wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 9:54 pm
Servipag is a joint venture owned by BCI and Banco de Chile, so you can deposit there at accounts from either bank, as well as those associated with them (BCI Nova, Banco Edwards etc).
Do you know if you can deposit into someone else's account? I might need to do that soon, because my CuentaRUT's monthly limit is too low to do everything I need this month.

tiagoabner

Post by tiagoabner » Tue Mar 24, 2020 11:06 pm

thisisreallycomplicated wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 10:25 pm
tiagoabner wrote:
Do you know if you can deposit into someone else's account? I might need to do that soon, because my CuentaRUT's monthly limit is too low to do everything I need this month.
I have done that once, although it was a few years back. Assuming nothing changed, yes, it should be possible.
I'm NOT your lawyer, accountant or financial planner. All information at this post should be considered for your entertainment only. Consult a professional before making a decision regarding whatever topic was mentioned in this post.

thisisreallycomplicated

Post by thisisreallycomplicated » Tue Mar 24, 2020 11:15 pm

tiagoabner wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 11:06 pm
thisisreallycomplicated wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 10:25 pm
tiagoabner wrote:
I have done that once, although it was a few years back. Assuming nothing changed, yes, it should be possible.
Thanks. If I try it, I'll post here if it still works.

eeuunikkeiexpat
Location: Megalith of unknown origin near my digs, south V Region coast

Post by eeuunikkeiexpat » Tue Mar 24, 2020 11:23 pm

Dude, setup a Cuenta de Ahorros with BE and if need be, store excess of CuentaRUT limits in that account. A few here have been doing that for quite a while. Then everything is just done electronically no virus-laden cash needed just like TPTB want!
There are two ways to be fooled.

One is to believe what isn't true;

the other is to refuse to believe what is true.

- Søren Kierkegaard

thisisreallycomplicated

Post by thisisreallycomplicated » Wed Mar 25, 2020 12:04 am

eeuunikkeiexpat wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 11:23 pm
Dude, setup a Cuenta de Ahorros with BE and if need be, store excess of CuentaRUT limits in that account. A few here have been doing that for quite a while. Then everything is just done electronically no virus-laden cash needed just like TPTB want!
I plan to set up another account eventually, but it's hard for me to get to the bank before 2pm. So I just need to do this for now, and take my chances with those viruses:)

thisisreallycomplicated

Re: Banco de Chile deposits through Servipag or ServiEstado? and related stuff

Post by thisisreallycomplicated » Sat Apr 04, 2020 9:40 pm

I thought about risking my life today, to take the bus to a ServiEstado. But they're only open until 2 now on saturdays, so that didn't work. My next option was to make deposits at the local CajaVecina. Last time I checked, they only allowed 100.000 per day, but it's better than nothing. Except now they won't accept cash. So wtf? Is anyone else having problems using cash?

edit: I meant CajaVecina, not MultiCaja

mem

Post by mem » Sun Apr 05, 2020 11:56 am

So far cash is still accepted where I live. No problem

However, in temuco, the biggest closest city I'm not sure.
I also havent tried to drive the 2 hours to get there since they announced the temuco lockdown. I have physical cash stuff I need to do there soonish. I could put it off for another couple months...that's why I went a couple weeks ago and did some larger than normal transactions to buy some time. Even then servipag was a circus...I didnt go there just saw the line stretching down and around 2 city blocks worth. Cash stuff I do there is only between AFEX and banks

Most of my pedestrian monthly Bill's I pay via unired at unimarc or servifacil at Lider (those kiosk things) and i pay in cash there. With those I dont ever have to stand in line at servipag type places

eeuunikkeiexpat
Location: Megalith of unknown origin near my digs, south V Region coast

Post by eeuunikkeiexpat » Sun Apr 05, 2020 1:39 pm

For BE customers, CajaVecina has saved my ass from having to stand in hellishly long lines at the branch since 18-O fucked the old normal up.

Will check to see if CajaVecina still accept cash deposits in the coming week as bills come due.

The local hiperLider the other day was no longer accepting cash for the self-service checkout machines meaning you had to go to a human cashier who had to handle that contaminated cash :roll:
There are two ways to be fooled.

One is to believe what isn't true;

the other is to refuse to believe what is true.

- Søren Kierkegaard