Plebiscite

General topics related to Living in Chile
fraggle092

Re: Plebiscite

Post by fraggle092 » Mon Mar 16, 2020 9:51 am

Here's "hater" me slandering those poor protesters again. I blame society. :)

"Social Demands" means its OK to trash public hospitals:
Sujetos destruyen equipos de evaluación para pacientes con cáncer en Antofagasta Emol com.jpg
Here's a religious nut savagely attacking "peaceful protestors"
The "lady" on the right with the 2x2 is a government employee btw.
Turba de encapuchados atacan “Marcha por Jesús” en Chile.jpg
And this is where it all started. Schoolkids freely engaging in extra-curricular activities.
They have a little assembly line going there, and are equipped with PPE.

They dont need no educashon. And they are too dumb to recognize "thought control" when its being used on them.
A_UNO_1102281-900x600.jpg
Bienvenidos a Chaqueteo City.

Après moi, le déluge

tiagoabner

Post by tiagoabner » Mon Mar 16, 2020 11:52 pm

There was a meeting today between the leaders of multiple political parties with the head of a medical council leader to discuss postponing the vote. I'm not nearly familiar enough with Chilean politics, though, to be able to read more on that:

https://www.biobiochile.cl/noticias/nac ... bril.shtml
I'm NOT your lawyer, accountant or financial planner. All information at this post should be considered for your entertainment only. Consult a professional before making a decision regarding whatever topic was mentioned in this post.

41southchile

Post by 41southchile » Tue Mar 17, 2020 8:29 am

Pretty much universal agreement to change it, but the options! June or October? They are still fucking not getting it if they think the country is going to be in a condition to vote in June, even October could be looking difficult too with the economic and social/human carnage that will happen between now and then.
“Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.”

fraggle092

Post by fraggle092 » Tue Mar 17, 2020 11:43 am

The PCCH Coronavirus declaration, tacitly admitting that Plebiscite postponement is inevitable, given that the epidemic has knocked their plans for six. Unusually, they haven't come out with a declaration on the Plebiscite itself yet, probably still rethinking their strategy to cope with the changing circumstances.
La ciudadanía no aceptará que se trate de tomar ventajas políticas o sortear sin solución la crisis social, política y económica que vive el país o se pretenda posponer indefinidamente el proceso constituyente. El coronavirus es una amenaza real, pero no puede transformarse en una válvula de escape para el gobierno, ni para el sistema injusto que el pueblo exige cambiar.
Rescheduling is difficult given that the Electoral Service has to prepare for the Municipal elections in October, already more complicated than usual as it includes new categories of electable authorities.

Honorable communist diputada Pamela Jiles in Congress making her usual fashion statement.
Maybe she should stay at home.
PGiles2.jpg
Which reminded me of her previous "statement". The floppy little ears are a nice touch....
Solidaridad.jpg

Après moi, le déluge

tiagoabner

Post by tiagoabner » Tue Mar 17, 2020 12:33 pm

fraggle092 wrote:
Tue Mar 17, 2020 11:43 am
The PCCH Coronavirus declaration, tacitly admitting that Plebiscite postponement is inevitable, given that the epidemic has knocked their plans for six. Unusually, they haven't come out with a declaration on the Plebiscite itself yet, probably still rethinking their strategy to cope with the changing circumstances.
La ciudadanía no aceptará que se trate de tomar ventajas políticas o sortear sin solución la crisis social, política y económica que vive el país o se pretenda posponer indefinidamente el proceso constituyente. El coronavirus es una amenaza real, pero no puede transformarse en una válvula de escape para el gobierno, ni para el sistema injusto que el pueblo exige cambiar.
Rescheduling is difficult given that the Electoral Service has to prepare for the Municipal elections in October, already more complicated than usual as it includes new categories of electable authorities.

Honorable communist diputada Pamela Jiles in Congress making her usual fashion statement.
PGiles2.jpg
Which reminded me of her previous "statement". The floppy little ears are a nice touch....
Solidaridad.jpg
If the elections in October are a go (and they should be, there should be enough time between now and then for the epidemy to get better), can't they do both the vote and the plebiscite vote at once? It seems logical, from a logistics point of view.
I'm NOT your lawyer, accountant or financial planner. All information at this post should be considered for your entertainment only. Consult a professional before making a decision regarding whatever topic was mentioned in this post.

fraggle092

Post by fraggle092 » Tue Mar 17, 2020 1:33 pm

tiagoabner wrote:
Tue Mar 17, 2020 12:33 pm
If the elections in October are a go (and they should be, there should be enough time between now and then for the epidemy to get better), can't they do both the vote and the plebiscite vote at once? It seems logical, from a logistics point of view.
Your guess is as good as mine. There are constitutional implications that would need to to be worked out first in Congress that I don't see happening quickly unless the issue is forced again though increased civil violence, the way it was last time. But the epidemic may inhibit that course of action, both in Congress and on the streets.

The Opposition want to keep the impetus up for change, while a cooling-off period suits the government, in fact in that quote, the Commies are already warning that they won't put up with stalling tactics.

Just my take on what I see in local sources. Others may disagree.

Après moi, le déluge

41southchile

Post by 41southchile » Tue Mar 17, 2020 2:17 pm

tiagoabner wrote:
Tue Mar 17, 2020 12:33 pm
fraggle092 wrote:
Tue Mar 17, 2020 11:43 am

PGiles2.jpg
Solidaridad.jpg
Logical in Chile?

41southchile

Post by 41southchile » Tue Mar 17, 2020 2:20 pm

I have w feeling, Once we get through this, the plebiscite wont be high on people's priorities and years of uncertainty thst it will generate, they will just be trying to find a job and support their families

tiagoabner

Post by tiagoabner » Tue Mar 17, 2020 2:38 pm

41southchile wrote:
Tue Mar 17, 2020 2:20 pm
I have w feeling, Once we get through this, the plebiscite wont be high on people's priorities and years of uncertainty thst it will generate, they will just be trying to find a job and support their families
I was under the impression that those that are actively participating at the violent protests are mostly young, male Chileans. Their availability leads me to believe that most of them didn't have a job to begin with. My guess is that they won't be that concerned about jobs until it hits their parents.

Although I'm sure the left will spin the unemployment that will come as a consequence of the epidemic as being Piñera's responsibility.

41southchile

Post by 41southchile » Tue Mar 17, 2020 2:50 pm

tiagoabner wrote:
Tue Mar 17, 2020 2:38 pm
41southchile wrote:
Tue Mar 17, 2020 2:20 pm
I was under the impression that those that are actively participating at the violent protests are mostly young, male Chileans. Their availability leads me to believe that most of them didn't have a job to begin with. My guess is that they won't be that concerned about jobs until it hits their parents.

Although I'm sure the left will spin the unemployment that will come as a consequence of the epidemic as being Piñera's responsibility.
Yeah I didn't mean any of the idiots that were back in the protests and violence this last few weeks, more the general public that previously thought there was a need to change. Who knows, maybe it will make people more determined to change everything.

fraggle092

Post by fraggle092 » Tue Mar 17, 2020 3:17 pm

Apparently the cutoff date for postponing the Plebiscite is March 26. There seems to be an inclination towards combining it with the October Municipal elections, as tiagoabner mentioned.

Lets see if they can get their shit together and make a decision, they have 9 days to do it.
escaso margen de los partidos para postergar el plebiscito Límite para cambiar fecha es el 26 de ma[...].png
https://www.emol.com/noticias/Nacional/ ... echas.html

Après moi, le déluge

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Tue Mar 17, 2020 6:58 pm

I am finding it mildly amusing how many of the leftists in chile, most still believing because they are poor this frigen virus gives a dam, are suddenly getting a slap of reality.

I have heard the most absurd shit out of the pro-protesters in recent weeks about how the rich were all going to die.

well, guess what?

It is the poor that have to go out on the public transportation, streets, work the counters, etc that are most exposed.

The rich can afford to stay home.
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.