General topics related to Living in Chile
eeuunikkeiexpat
Location: Megalith of unknown origin near my digs, south V Region coast

Re: The new constitutional vote and the social crisis

Post by eeuunikkeiexpat » Tue Apr 14, 2020 3:31 pm

Move to October 25th.
There are two ways to be fooled.

One is to believe what isn't true;

the other is to refuse to believe what is true.

- Søren Kierkegaard

thisisreallycomplicated

Post by thisisreallycomplicated » Tue Apr 14, 2020 4:04 pm

eeuunikkeiexpat wrote:
Tue Apr 14, 2020 3:31 pm
Move to October 25th.
Thanks. I want to see if they try to make changes related to the virus. I haven't been following this thread much, so maybe someone's already mentioned it.
“Now it’s conspiracy – they’ve made that something that should not even be entertained for a minute, that powerful people might get together and have a plan. Doesn’t happen, you’re a kook, you’re a conspiracy buff!” – George Carlin

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Tue Apr 14, 2020 4:30 pm

thisisreallycomplicated wrote:
Tue Apr 14, 2020 4:04 pm
eeuunikkeiexpat wrote:
Move to October 25th.
Thanks. I want to see if they try to make changes related to the virus. I haven't been following this thread much, so maybe someone's already mentioned it.
and anytime any stupid little communist wanker tries to bring it up on social media, they get their ass handed to them.

no body gives a shit anymore, and I highly doubt the new constitution vote will be even viable by then.
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

thisisreallycomplicated

Post by thisisreallycomplicated » Tue Apr 14, 2020 4:37 pm

admin wrote:
Tue Apr 14, 2020 4:30 pm
no body gives a shit anymore, and I highly doubt the new constitution vote will be even viable by then.
I hope you're right
“Now it’s conspiracy – they’ve made that something that should not even be entertained for a minute, that powerful people might get together and have a plan. Doesn’t happen, you’re a kook, you’re a conspiracy buff!” – George Carlin

41southchile

Post by 41southchile » Tue Apr 14, 2020 5:20 pm

admin wrote:
eeuunikkeiexpat wrote:
Move to October 25th.
and anytime any stupid little communist wanker tries to bring it up on social media, they get their ass handed to them.

I think you right, I definately cant see a vote being held this year, and as long as the government plays its cards right over the rest of this year no one will be really demanding it either.
“Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.”

tiagoabner

Post by tiagoabner » Tue Apr 14, 2020 6:35 pm

41southchile wrote:
Tue Apr 14, 2020 5:20 pm
admin wrote:
eeuunikkeiexpat wrote:
Move to October 25th.

I think you right, I definately cant see a vote being held this year, and as long as the government plays its cards right over the rest of this year no one will be really demanding it either.
Piñera's approval has risen to 22%. It's the highest value since the beginning of the protests.

https://www.latercera.com/politica/noti ... S42T66KVQ/

If he continues to play his cards right, he may actually be able to get away without the constitution vote, especially if he manages to approve the reforms that he has sent to Congress in the last few months. Actually, even more important, he needs the Chileans to perceive him as someone who's competent and who's doing what he needs to be doing.
I'm NOT your lawyer, accountant or financial planner. All information at this post should be considered for your entertainment only. Consult a professional before making a decision regarding whatever topic was mentioned in this post.

Britkid

Post by Britkid » Tue Apr 14, 2020 6:41 pm

admin wrote:
eeuunikkeiexpat wrote:
Move to October 25th.
You probably already know this but, everyone's social media is an echo chamber created by facebook or yourself to create a deliberate distorted view of reality that keeps you happy. the fact these people are in a minority in your facebook (or whichever other social media you use) doesn't make them a minority in the country.

That being said, there has definately been a calming down of the passionate radical left wing rhetoric, some of the steam has gone out of it. But it may come back because majority of the protestor's concerns have not been addressed.

fraggle092

Post by fraggle092 » Tue Apr 14, 2020 7:17 pm

Don't need a crystal ball to see what's going to happen in the near future.
The plebiscite will go ahead, assuming the quarantine allows it. Even this lot are not that frivolous.
The orchestrated violence will return in September. The 4th and the 11th are symbolic dates.

Don't kid yourselves that the trouble has gone away. The golpistas have come too far to tamely give up at this stage.
And unemployment and poverty (even if partially self-induced) is fertile ground for the agitators.
I hope the government has used the respite to get better prepared, but I doubt it.
Bienvenidos a Chaqueteo City.

Après moi, le déluge

41southchile

Post by 41southchile » Tue Apr 14, 2020 7:51 pm

fraggle092 wrote:
Tue Apr 14, 2020 7:17 pm
Don't need a crystal ball to see what's going to happen in the near future.
The plebiscite will go ahead, assuming the quarantine allows it. Even this lot are not that frivolous.
The orchestrated violence will return in September. The 4th and the 11th are symbolic dates.

Don't kid yourselves that the trouble has gone away. The golpistas have come too far to tamely give up at this stage.
And unemployment and poverty (even if partially self-induced) is fertile ground for the agitators.
I hope the government has used the respite to get better prepared, but I doubt it.
Posiblemente but the golpistas have lost all their external support now however by way of a global shutdown, and dodgy transfers of Money are gong to be rigoursly perused by the gringos/CIA etc as the global war on communism begins again. As the US go after China and any other dodgy commies when the health crisis passes a bit. Heard much from any of those dodgy politicians on the left lately?, their dirty digital fingerprints are everywhere and being investigated as we speak no doubt.

fraggle092

Post by fraggle092 » Tue Apr 14, 2020 8:09 pm

41southchile wrote:
Tue Apr 14, 2020 7:51 pm

Heard much from any of those dodgy politicians on the left lately?, their dirty digital fingerprints are everywhere and being investigated as we speak no doubt.
Haven't heard much from any politicians recently, they have all been keeping their heads down- with the exception of Joaquin Lavín, who is harbouring electoral ambitions. But you watch, as soon as the Coronavirus comes off the top of the front page, they will be all over the news again.

As for investigations, maybe the government will pay more heed to their Intelligence Agencies than they did the last time.
Bienvenidos a Chaqueteo City.

Après moi, le déluge

41southchile

Post by 41southchile » Wed Apr 15, 2020 12:01 am

Here we go 🙄. I felt embarrassed for the reporter that wrote this. What a load of fake news, quite cringeworthy reading it to be honest.
Trying to whip something up that just ain't happening with that supposed activist. Wow a real sensation on Instagram, a few comments from her friends and family less than 1000 views since 29 March

https://www.ALJAZEERA IS BANNED/indepth/featu ... 41809.html

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Wed Apr 15, 2020 7:26 am

41southchile wrote:
Wed Apr 15, 2020 12:01 am
Here we go 🙄. I felt embarrassed for the reporter that wrote this. What a load of fake news, quite cringeworthy reading it to be honest.
Trying to whip something up that just ain't happening with that supposed activist. Wow a real sensation on Instagram, a few comments from her friends and family less than 1000 views since 29 March

https://www.ALJAZEERA IS BANNED/indepth/featu ... 41809.html
aljazeera is a paid russian / iranian/ chinese troll site. no different than RT, Fox, whatever trump is pumping now, CNC, etc.

fake news sites funded to push a political agendas.

The more interesting thing is that someone's international political agenda has turned to Chile, stayed on Chile, and in the face of almost zero domestic interest or activity related to the social bs, continues to pump the narative that something is going on in Chile at the moment.

Search Chile in news.google.com, almost all articles over the last two months are about the protests, yet there are no protests.
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.