cost to have a tile floor installed

General topics related to Living in Chile
thisisreallycomplicated

cost to have a tile floor installed

Post by thisisreallycomplicated » Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:13 pm

Does anyone here know how much it costs to have a tile floor installed? Or if there's a website with this kind of information for Chile? Thanks.
“Now it’s conspiracy – they’ve made that something that should not even be entertained for a minute, that powerful people might get together and have a plan. Doesn’t happen, you’re a kook, you’re a conspiracy buff!” – George Carlin

thisisreallycomplicated

Re: cost to have a tile floor installed

Post by thisisreallycomplicated » Tue Jan 14, 2020 10:19 pm

According to this:
https://preguntas.habitissimo.cl/pregunta/ceramica
it looks like approximately 4.000 - 7.500 CLP/m2, depending on the details. So if I wanted to have 100 m2 tile floor put in, it should cost 400.000 - 750.000 CLP, plus the cost of materials. Does that sound right?
“Now it’s conspiracy – they’ve made that something that should not even be entertained for a minute, that powerful people might get together and have a plan. Doesn’t happen, you’re a kook, you’re a conspiracy buff!” – George Carlin

paladin

Post by paladin » Tue Jan 14, 2020 10:42 pm

I cant remember now how much I’ve paid for this, but I do know that the cost of the adhesive is very high, and can end up costing the same as the tiles. If the installer uses say Bekron, the cost is not too bad, but if for the tiles concerned, he needs to use Bekron DA, it really does work out expensive. As usual, remember that there are tilers who are professionals and other cowboys who will be cheaper but leave you with a lousy job. The grouting I always do myself as it’s very easy, and helps to keep the costs down.

thisisreallycomplicated

Post by thisisreallycomplicated » Tue Jan 14, 2020 11:12 pm

paladin wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 10:42 pm
I cant remember now how much I’ve paid for this, but I do know that the cost of the adhesive is very high, and can end up costing the same as the tiles. If the installer uses say Bekron, the cost is not too bad, but if for the tiles concerned, he needs to use Bekron DA, it really does work out expensive. As usual, remember that there are tilers who are professionals and other cowboys who will be cheaper but leave you with a lousy job. The grouting I always do myself as it’s very easy, and helps to keep the costs down.
Thanks, I wasn't aware of the adhesive cost. Does this look like the expensive stuff you mentioned:
"Adhesivo cerámico en pasta 25 kg Bekron"
https://www.sodimac.cl/sodimac-cl/produ ... -kg/343633
?
It says 2.4 m2/kg, so 2 buckets should be enough for me if I'm understanding it correctly.

paladin

Post by paladin » Wed Jan 15, 2020 8:14 pm

thisisreallycomplicated wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 11:12 pm
paladin wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 10:42 pm
Thanks, I wasn't aware of the adhesive cost. Does this look like the expensive stuff you mentioned:
"Adhesivo cerámico en pasta 25 kg Bekron"
https://www.sodimac.cl/sodimac-cl/produ ... -kg/343633

At least it doesnt ask for Bekron DA, so you wont need to spend too much. You get it in paste or in powder form in bags. Obviously the bags are cheaper, but the maestros are lazy so cant be bothered with mixing. Having said that, at least by buying paste, you know the mixture is correct.
?
It says 2.4 m2/kg, so 2 buckets should be enough for me if I'm understanding it correctly.