General topics related to Living in Chile
thisisreallycomplicated

Re: problem with Banco Estado's online banking

Post by thisisreallycomplicated » Mon Aug 05, 2019 4:59 am

bert.douglas wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 2:09 am
thisisreallycomplicated wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 12:54 am
I got my cell phone working, and entered it into my account. But I'm still getting the same error:( So I'm not sure what to try next, except calling the help line again.
Find somebody for whom it works. Then compare every detail to see what is different.
I think I have it narrowed down to the last step. Maybe that has to be done during the day, when the bank people are working?

edit: I think if I call 600 200 7000 before 10 pm, during the week, I can talk to a real person and finish setting this up.
“Now it’s conspiracy – they’ve made that something that should not even be entertained for a minute, that powerful people might get together and have a plan. Doesn’t happen, you’re a kook, you’re a conspiracy buff!” – George Carlin

eeuunikkeiexpat
Location: Megalith of unknown origin near my digs, south V Region coast

Post by eeuunikkeiexpat » Mon Aug 05, 2019 11:01 am

You could also go down to your local BE branch for help.
There are two ways to be fooled.

One is to believe what isn't true;

the other is to refuse to believe what is true.

- Søren Kierkegaard

tiagoabner

Post by tiagoabner » Mon Aug 05, 2019 3:53 pm

Or to a local Serviestado.
I'm NOT your lawyer, accountant or financial planner. All information at this post should be considered for your entertainment only. Consult a professional before making a decision regarding whatever topic was mentioned in this post.

thisisreallycomplicated

Post by thisisreallycomplicated » Mon Aug 05, 2019 4:46 pm

It's hard for me to get to the bank during banking hours, otherwise that would've been easier. Serviestado might work, if this is something they can help with. I'm just not sure what they can and can't do.
“Now it’s conspiracy – they’ve made that something that should not even be entertained for a minute, that powerful people might get together and have a plan. Doesn’t happen, you’re a kook, you’re a conspiracy buff!” – George Carlin

eeuunikkeiexpat

Post by eeuunikkeiexpat » Mon Aug 05, 2019 5:26 pm

Play pathetic dumb foreigner with the plus of being a gringo and let the BE ladies help you (this could also be an opportunity to meet a chilena buena :wink: :wink:). Remember, this is a governmental entity that somehow managed to quickly put up a website in Haitian creole before fully doing Mapuche and let's not talk about the international language of trade and transport of English.

- Søren Kierkegaard

thisisreallycomplicated

Post by thisisreallycomplicated » Mon Aug 05, 2019 5:39 pm

eeuunikkeiexpat wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 5:26 pm
Play pathetic dumb foreigner with the plus of being a gringo and let the BE ladies help you (this could also be an opportunity to meet a chilena buena :wink: :wink:). Remember, this is a governmental entity that somehow managed to quickly put up a website in Haitian creole before fully doing Mapuche and let's not talk about the international language of trade and transport of English.
Yes, pathetic dumb foreigner usually works for me:) I'm still working on that chilena buena though.

I just got off the phone with someone who spoke some English. She asked me some security questions, then enabled my account for transfers. And I was finally able to make my first transfer.

tiagoabner

Post by tiagoabner » Mon Aug 05, 2019 6:18 pm

FYI, Serviestado can help with Tercera Clave & Clave Internet-related issues. I usually go there, as it's less packed and they have better work hours.
I'm NOT your lawyer, accountant or financial planner. All information at this post should be considered for your entertainment only. Consult a professional before making a decision regarding whatever topic was mentioned in this post.

thisisreallycomplicated

Post by thisisreallycomplicated » Mon Aug 05, 2019 6:36 pm

tiagoabner wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 6:18 pm
FYI, Serviestado can help with Tercera Clave & Clave Internet-related issues. I usually go there, as it's less packed and they have better work hours.
Thanks, that's good to know. I looked at the banco Estado website, but they don't have everything listed. Either that, or I just couldn't find it.

tiagoabner

Post by tiagoabner » Mon Mar 02, 2020 11:41 am

Reviving the thread to keep these issues in a single place. I've been having trouble with BancoEstado since Friday. Their app has been on and off since then, a bunch of contacts that I had saved in my account are showing as new contacts (and thus are limited to $100.000 per day), and their phone lines are clogged. I've been trying to reach out to them for the best part of the last hour (as they don't offer support over the weekend for non-emergency issues, it seems).

I may end up withdrawing the money that I need to transfer and then do a bunch of bank teller deposits. It may end up being faster than trying to talk to someone over the phone or to talk to an "ejecutivo" at the Banco Estado one block away.

thisisreallycomplicated

Post by thisisreallycomplicated » Tue Mar 03, 2020 7:17 pm

tiagoabner wrote:
Mon Mar 02, 2020 11:41 am
Reviving the thread to keep these issues in a single place. I've been having trouble with BancoEstado since Friday. Their app has been on and off since then, a bunch of contacts that I had saved in my account are showing as new contacts (and thus are limited to $100.000 per day), and their phone lines are clogged. I've been trying to reach out to them for the best part of the last hour (as they don't offer support over the weekend for non-emergency issues, it seems).
Thanks for the warning. I need to make a couple payments to new contacts later this week, and I didn't know there was a 100.000 limit. How long do you have to wait, before you can send more than 100.000?

eeuunikkeiexpat

Post by eeuunikkeiexpat » Tue Mar 03, 2020 8:03 pm

Tue Mar 03, 2020 7:17 pm
tiagoabner wrote:
Thanks for the warning. I need to make a couple payments to new contacts later this week, and I didn't know there was a 100.000 limit. How long do you have to wait, before you can send more than 100.000?
Any new contact, the max initial transfer is 100.000 but the next transfer the next day can be much much greater. I only use the web page and not the app. Chile entities in general already sucks doing a normal webpage for a desktop or laptop, imagine how much sucky things are on an app on an Android device over an insecure cell network.

- Søren Kierkegaard

thisisreallycomplicated

Post by thisisreallycomplicated » Tue Mar 03, 2020 8:19 pm

eeuunikkeiexpat wrote:
Tue Mar 03, 2020 8:03 pm
Tue Mar 03, 2020 7:17 pm
tiagoabner wrote:
Any new contact, the max initial transfer is 100.000 but the next transfer the next day can be much much greater. I only use the web page and not the app. Chile entities in general already sucks doing a normal webpage for a desktop or laptop, imagine how much sucky things are on an app on an Android device over an insecure cell network.
Thanks. I did a couple small test transfers today, and I only use the regular website too, so hopefully everything's good.