problem with Banco Estado's online banking

General topics related to Living in Chile
thisisreallycomplicated

Re: problem with Banco Estado's online banking

Post by thisisreallycomplicated » Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:33 pm

This doesn't look good:
https://downdetector.cl/problemas/banco-estado
@hectorhugoallen Hace un mes q me sale al momento de querer transferir a mi cuenta de ahorro “se produjo problema de comunicación, por favor cierre su sesión en ingrese nuevamente”. He llamado y no me han dado una solución a este problema (lo tengo en mi note como tbn en el celular) @BancoEstado
2019-07-21 17:29:11

@hectorhugoallen @BancoEstado Llevo casi un mes con este problema. Llamé y me hicieron hacer un mantenimiento de Chrome que en realidad no sirvió de nada porque en mi celular también me salen problemas de comunicación. Necesito una solución!
“Now it’s conspiracy – they’ve made that something that should not even be entertained for a minute, that powerful people might get together and have a plan. Doesn’t happen, you’re a kook, you’re a conspiracy buff!” – George Carlin

eeuunikkeiexpat
Location: Megalith of unknown origin near my digs, south V Region coast

Post by eeuunikkeiexpat » Tue Jul 30, 2019 12:40 am

I did transfers of rent (Santander) and gastos comune (Banco Estado) on the 5th and 9th without problems.

I DO NOT USE THE CELL APP for any transactions but a laptop using Firefox or Safari (and who in their right mind would be using a cell phone for sensitive financial transactions except in an emergency?).

I made payment transactions (a total of 8 - including Previred, Abastible, Pullman Costa, Servipag, Esval, Chilquinta, VTR) between the 8th and the 19th without problems.

I did a another transfer for another condo expense on the 19th to the condo's Banco Estado account without a problem.

I will report next month if I have any issues.

I follow problems by chilenos on the Internet for sites like MercadoLibre and often see they are (idiot) user errors though I do not doubt Banco Estado has downtimes and site failures but those seem to last from hours to 2-3 days at most.
There are two ways to be fooled.

One is to believe what isn't true;

the other is to refuse to believe what is true.

- Søren Kierkegaard

thisisreallycomplicated

Post by thisisreallycomplicated » Tue Jul 30, 2019 12:49 am

eeuunikkeiexpat wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 12:40 am
I did transfers of rent (Santander) and gastos comune (Banco Estado) on the 5th and 9th without problems.

I DO NOT USE THE CELL APP (as referenced above) for any transactions but a laptop using Firefox or Safari.

I made payment transactions (a total of 8 - including Previred, Abastible, Pullman Costa, Servipag, Esval, Chilquinta, VTR) between the 8th and the 19th without problems.

I did a another transfer for another condo expense on the 19th to the condo's Banco Estado account without a problem.

I will report next month if I have any issues.

I follow problems by chilenos on the Internet for sites like MercadoLibre and Reclamos and often see they are (idiot) user errors though I do not doubt Banco Estado has downtimes and site failures but those seem to last from hours to 2-3 days at most.
Thanks. Have you tried entering a new destinario? That seems to be where the problem is. I think existing destinarios might be ok, but I don't have any. I've only made payments to SII and Claro with this account, but I didn't have to go through the process of adding them as a destinario.
“Now it’s conspiracy – they’ve made that something that should not even be entertained for a minute, that powerful people might get together and have a plan. Doesn’t happen, you’re a kook, you’re a conspiracy buff!” – George Carlin

eeuunikkeiexpat

Post by eeuunikkeiexpat » Tue Jul 30, 2019 12:51 am

No only existing destinarios for transfers, Santander corriente and Banco Estado corriente.

- Søren Kierkegaard

thisisreallycomplicated

Post by thisisreallycomplicated » Wed Jul 31, 2019 1:24 am

Banco Estado emailed, telling me to clear my browser history. I already tried that, but at least they answered my email.

thisisreallycomplicated

Post by thisisreallycomplicated » Wed Jul 31, 2019 4:29 am

bert.douglas wrote:
Wed Jul 31, 2019 2:45 am
thisisreallycomplicated wrote:
Wed Jul 31, 2019 1:24 am
Banco Estado emailed, telling me to clear my browser history. I already tried that, but at least they answered my email.
I suggest to clear cookies also.
Bad cookies can cause no end of weird problems.

I wouldn't clear all cookies, just the ones for the bank.
I cleared everything I could think of. I tried 2 different browsers. Rebooted everything, including my modem/router. And tried turning off my firewall. But no luck. I don't think the problem is on my computer. There could be something set wrong in my account. Or maybe the bank is having network issues. It could be a lot of things.

thisisreallycomplicated

Post by thisisreallycomplicated » Fri Aug 02, 2019 2:15 am

I called Banco Estado's help number, and the guy said I needed to enter a cell phone number into my account, to set up a 3rd key. But I already have a skype # entered. And I remember setting up some kind of key for my SII payments, without a cell phone. Has anyone here made transfers or entered destinarios, without a cell phone number? I might be the last person in Chile without a cell phone.

eeuunikkeiexpat

Post by eeuunikkeiexpat » Fri Aug 02, 2019 3:21 am

Cell number an absolute must for 3rd key. I take it your Skype number is a Santiago fixed line number in the 2 area code. 3rd key is necessary for adding destinations and completing certain peso amount transactions.

- Søren Kierkegaard

thisisreallycomplicated

Post by thisisreallycomplicated » Fri Aug 02, 2019 5:45 am

eeuunikkeiexpat wrote:
Fri Aug 02, 2019 3:21 am
Cell number an absolute must for 3rd key. I take it your Skype number is a Santiago fixed line number in the 2 area code. 3rd key is necessary for adding destinations and completing certain peso amount transactions.
Ok, so it sounds like a cell phone could solve the problem. Or at least part of it. My skype # starts with (51)2. I think it's a Coquimbo or La Serena number, but I don't remember for sure.

thisisreallycomplicated

Post by thisisreallycomplicated » Mon Aug 05, 2019 12:54 am

I got my cell phone working, and entered it into my account. But I'm still getting the same error:( So I'm not sure what to try next, except calling the help line again.

thisisreallycomplicated

Post by thisisreallycomplicated » Mon Aug 05, 2019 2:54 am

I tried entering my cell phone on a different screen, and finally got past the first problem. Now it says this:
Para realizar esta operación, debe completar la validación de sus Datos de Seguridad llamando al 600 200 7000.
Al finalizar, podrá recibir su Tercera Clave cada vez que la necesite.
So I called, but it's all in Spanish, and it's too fast for me to understand. And I can't figure out how to get a real person on the phone, who might speak English.

I called a different number earlier (600 810 0200), after I entered my security (cell phone, etc.) data. And I entered my RUT and ATM pin, but I'm not sure it worked. Or even if they were asking for my ATM pin. It seemed to work the last time I did that though, when I was trying to pay SII, which does work now.

Do I need to call those numbers with my cell phone? I called with skype, which worked last time.

thisisreallycomplicated

Post by thisisreallycomplicated » Mon Aug 05, 2019 4:55 am

I found this on Banco Estado's website:
¿Cómo puedo registrar mis Datos de Seguridad?

Accede a tu Banca en Línea con tu RUT y Clave de Internet y sigue los siguientes pasos:
* En el menú selecciona la opción “Transferencias” y luego “Datos de Seguridad”.
* Registra tus datos de contacto donde deseas recibir la Tercera Clave:
* Número de Teléfono Celular.
* Dirección de E-mail (en caso de contingencia, enviaremos la Tercera Clave a tu email).
* Una vez registrados o actualizados tus datos, se te pedirá ingresar 3 combinaciones de tu Tarjeta de Coordenadas.
* A continuación, debes llamar al 600 810 0200 o al 22 670 46 50 para que tus Datos de Seguridad queden activados en el sistema (un servicio automatizado de voz te pedirá tu RUT y Clave de Cajero Automático).
* Eventualmente y como medida de seguridad, te llamaran para responder algunas preguntas y completar el proceso.
I did the 2nd to last step, and got an email with this:
Sus Datos de Seguridad se han ingresado exitosamente.

Para recibir su Tercera Clave ahora debe activar los datos ingresados llamando al
02-670 46 50 o al 600 810 02 00. Recuerde que le solicitaremos su Clave de Cajero Automatico.

Si usted no realizo esta operacion llame al 600 731 10 19
But I don't think this has happened yet:
Eventualmente y como medida de seguridad, te llamaran para responder algunas preguntas y completar el proceso.
Does anyone know how that last step works? Will someone call me? I don't remember that step when I set it up for making SII payments. I didn't even need a cell phone for that. Did something change recently? Thanks.