Isapre Prices

General topics related to Living in Chile
tiagoabner

Re: Isapre Prices

Post by tiagoabner » Wed Dec 11, 2019 4:45 pm

Isapres el start to charge the same to women and men starting in 2020: https://www.cnnchile.com/pais/gobierno- ... _20191211/

I had some sources in the insurance industry that were keeping me updated on this since last year, when the behind-the-scenes talks were raging.

The consensus is that it will get more expensive for men to compensate for that. It has been this way everywhere that had this sort of change in the past, as actuaries have a much deeper understanding on the to keep earnings up than the regulators that dictate the rules.
I'm NOT your lawyer, accountant or financial planner. All information at this post should be considered for your entertainment only. Consult a professional before making a decision regarding whatever topic was mentioned in this post.

thisisreallycomplicated

Post by thisisreallycomplicated » Wed Dec 11, 2019 5:44 pm

tiagoabner wrote:
Wed Dec 11, 2019 4:45 pm
Isapres el start to charge the same to women and men starting in 2020: https://www.cnnchile.com/pais/gobierno- ... _20191211/

I had some sources in the insurance industry that were keeping me updated on this since last year, when the behind-the-scenes talks were raging.

The consensus is that it will get more expensive for men to compensate for that. It has been this way everywhere that had this sort of change in the past, as actuaries have a much deeper understanding on the to keep earnings up than the regulators that dictate the rules.
Are they going to give women and men the same coverage too, like obamacare does with maternity benefits?
“Now it’s conspiracy – they’ve made that something that should not even be entertained for a minute, that powerful people might get together and have a plan. Doesn’t happen, you’re a kook, you’re a conspiracy buff!” – George Carlin

tiagoabner

Post by tiagoabner » Wed Dec 11, 2019 5:48 pm

thisisreallycomplicated wrote:
Wed Dec 11, 2019 5:44 pm
tiagoabner wrote:

Are they going to give women and men the same coverage too, like obamacare does with maternity benefits?
My understanding is that plans without pregnancy coverage will no longer exist, but I haven't really researched more on this. I'll ask around and I'll post here if I hear more about that.
I'm NOT your lawyer, accountant or financial planner. All information at this post should be considered for your entertainment only. Consult a professional before making a decision regarding whatever topic was mentioned in this post.

thisisreallycomplicated

Post by thisisreallycomplicated » Wed Dec 11, 2019 6:24 pm

tiagoabner wrote:
Wed Dec 11, 2019 5:48 pm
tiagoabner wrote:

My understanding is that plans without pregnancy coverage will no longer exist, but I haven't really researched more on this. I'll ask around and I'll post here if I hear more about that.
That should cut down on the number of men who die in childbirth:)
“Now it’s conspiracy – they’ve made that something that should not even be entertained for a minute, that powerful people might get together and have a plan. Doesn’t happen, you’re a kook, you’re a conspiracy buff!” – George Carlin

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Wed Dec 11, 2019 6:49 pm

yea, the catch is it is only for new plans. so, basically if a women or family contracts a new one, then they get the equal pricing; but, for a lot of people that simply makes no sense, when their older plan is cheaper. especially if for example they do raise men's prices, and there are a couple of males in the family.

still, will have a number crunch with my wife to see if there is any cost savings.
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Wed Dec 11, 2019 6:50 pm

tiagoabner wrote:
Wed Dec 11, 2019 5:48 pm
tiagoabner wrote:

yea, I don't recall but I think they outlawed that a few years back.
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.