Isapre Prices

General topics related to Living in Chile
User avatar
admin
Site Admin
Posts: 19995
Joined: Sat Aug 26, 2006 11:02 pm
Location: Frutillar, Chile
Contact:

Re: Isapre Prices

Post by admin » Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:46 pm

hey guys. You know how this works.

Go ahead and hire some other law firm that is interested in handling this sort of work, but I am not allowing advertising or promotion of other law firms and attorneys on this forum for a bunch of obvious and not so obvious reason.
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

Britkid
Rank: Chile Forum Citizen
Posts: 1969
Joined: Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:59 pm
Location: Talagante area, Chile
Contact:

Re: Isapre Prices

Post by Britkid » Thu Oct 03, 2019 10:06 am

StrawberryHeartsForever wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2019 11:01 am
you can appeal the rise with the Superintendencia de Salud. You don't need a lawyer at all. You have to upload a pdf copy of your letter to the website and both sides of your cédula. You have to do this within a month of receiving the letter. While this trámite is in process, the Isapre can not raise your monthly fee, and they always rule in favor of the person.

Here is the link to where you make the complaint:
http://www.supersalud.gob.cl/servicios/ ... 10044.html
Thanks a lot for your advice. I took this advice and applied in April or May. I received a generic response from the Superintenedencia de Salud by email. I received no further communication from either Colmena or Superintendencia de Salud, and did not follow up until today. However I notice that my Isapre costs since then have stayed the same in UF. I believe the costs were supposed to rise in July or August but what I actually paid was

March 225691
April 225764
May 226553
June 227375
July 228528
August 228939
September 229263

My payments come towards the end of the month.

It was supposed to rise 6% at some point but has just risen less than 2% from March to September which is in line with inflation, i.e. I am still paying the same UF as in March.

It looks to me like the claim to Superintendencia to Salud may have delayed or stopped the increase.

41southChile, assuming you didn't fight this one, did you see this increase from Colmena? In which month did it kick in?

Does anyone know if I need to follow up? I tried calling the Super de Salud just now on 6008369000 but the system doesn't recognize our RUTs as being attached to a claim, and I couldn't get through to a person.

at46
Rank: Chile Forum Citizen
Posts: 1174
Joined: Fri Sep 20, 2013 6:13 pm

Re: Isapre Prices

Post by at46 » Thu Oct 03, 2019 10:50 am

Britkid wrote:
Thu Oct 03, 2019 10:06 am
StrawberryHeartsForever wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2019 11:01 am
you can appeal the rise with the Superintendencia de Salud. You don't need a lawyer at all. You have to upload a pdf copy of your letter to the website and both sides of your cédula. You have to do this within a month of receiving the letter. While this trámite is in process, the Isapre can not raise your monthly fee, and they always rule in favor of the person.

Here is the link to where you make the complaint:
http://www.supersalud.gob.cl/servicios/ ... 10044.html
Thanks a lot for your advice. I took this advice and applied in April or May. I received a generic response from the Superintenedencia de Salud by email. I received no further communication from either Colmena or Superintendencia de Salud, and did not follow up until today. However I notice that my Isapre costs since then have stayed the same in UF. I believe the costs were supposed to rise in July or August but what I actually paid was

March 225691
April 225764
May 226553
June 227375
July 228528
August 228939
September 229263

My payments come towards the end of the month.

It was supposed to rise 6% at some point but has just risen less than 2% from March to September which is in line with inflation, i.e. I am still paying the same UF as in March.

It looks to me like the claim to Superintendencia to Salud may have delayed or stopped the increase.

41southChile, assuming you didn't fight this one, did you see this increase from Colmena? In which month did it kick in?

Does anyone know if I need to follow up? I tried calling the Super de Salud just now on 6008369000 but the system doesn't recognize our RUTs as being attached to a claim, and I couldn't get through to a person.
I fought the increase in my Isapre Cruzblanca with the help of a laywer (which did not cost me anything btw) and they managed to keep it unchanged in UF, even though the company had wanted to up it by 10%. Last month the GES portion of it went up though, but the same lawyer proactively emailed me about it and I'll be fighting is as well.

User avatar
41southchile
Rank: Chile Forum Citizen
Posts: 1380
Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2017 2:39 pm
Location: Lakes Region

Re: Isapre Prices

Post by 41southchile » Thu Oct 03, 2019 12:24 pm

Britkid wrote:
Thu Oct 03, 2019 10:06 am
StrawberryHeartsForever wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2019 11:01 am
you can appeal the rise with the Superintendencia de Salud. You don't need a lawyer at all. You have to upload a pdf copy of your letter to the website and both sides of your cédula. You have to do this within a month of receiving the letter. While this trámite is in process, the Isapre can not raise your monthly fee, and they always rule in favor of the person.

Here is the link to where you make the complaint:
http://www.supersalud.gob.cl/servicios/ ... 10044.html
Thanks a lot for your advice. I took this advice and applied in April or May. I received a generic response from the Superintenedencia de Salud by email. I received no further communication from either Colmena or Superintendencia de Salud, and did not follow up until today. However I notice that my Isapre costs since then have stayed the same in UF. I believe the costs were supposed to rise in July or August but what I actually paid was

March 225691
April 225764
May 226553
June 227375
July 228528
August 228939
September 229263

My payments come towards the end of the month.

It was supposed to rise 6% at some point but has just risen less than 2% from March to September which is in line with inflation, i.e. I am still paying the same UF as in March.

It looks to me like the claim to Superintendencia to Salud may have delayed or stopped the increase.

41southChile, assuming you didn't fight this one, did you see this increase from Colmena? In which month did it kick in?

Does anyone know if I need to follow up? I tried calling the Super de Salud just now on 6008369000 but the system doesn't recognize our RUTs as being attached to a claim, and I couldn't get through to a person.
Hey Britkid, na didn't appeal, it goes up for payments next week, for September dues. Jumped by a full UF.
This is what my accountant/consultants guy sent me:

Matthew buenas noches, te adjunto remuneraciones de septiembre para tu revisión y visto bueno. Modifique tu cotización pactada en la Isapre que este mes por la incorporación de 5 nuevas patologias al GES incremento a 11,6 UF (Anterior: 10,6 UF). Adjunto certificado de afiliación de isapre.

Big jump.
“Whatever the cost of our libraries, the price is cheap compared to that of an ignorant nation.”

Britkid
Rank: Chile Forum Citizen
Posts: 1969
Joined: Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:59 pm
Location: Talagante area, Chile
Contact:

Re: Isapre Prices

Post by Britkid » Mon Oct 28, 2019 10:44 am

Just got charged 257766 for October, which is 12.4% higher than September.

I called them and got told about the same thing you mentioned re GES. At first I was trying to ask them why the letter in April said I would see a 6% increase and I got 12%. But I think we were talking about two different raises.

I also asked if it was normal that big increases in prices would not be notified to customers in advance. She seemed to think it was normal.

Just looking online it seems the "5 nuevas patologias al GES" are "cáncer de pulmón, de tiroides. de riñón, el mieloma múltiple, y el Alzheimer". So does that mean if we'd tried to claim for those things previously, we'd have got nothing? They should have been included already.

Also, 12.4% just to add those 5 things? Seems a lot.

https://www.latercera.com/nacional/noti ... es/843895/

The person on the phone said I would still see a 6% increase separately. Assuming my claim to Superintendencia de Salud didn't block it, of course (?).

I think Colmena is pretty poor.

I have been trying to claim with them recently and I scan and email documents and they keep emailing back with things like "this claim can only be processed in our office" or saying a small part of the document wasn't visible. I think they are just making excuses to make you work harder to get your money back in the hope you'll give up.

I may get rid of Colmena at some point.

But I don't think the other Isapres are going to be much better.

User avatar
tiagoabner
Rank: Chile Forum Citizen
Posts: 778
Joined: Sat Mar 04, 2017 9:48 am

Re: Isapre Prices

Post by tiagoabner » Mon Oct 28, 2019 10:47 am

My Cruz Blanca went up by about 10%, and they've claimed that the increase was due to the new GES coverage as well. And yeah, that sounds like BS to me: it's too high for only 5 more coverages.
I'm NOT your lawyer, accountant or financial planner. All information at this post should be considered for your entertainment only. Consult a professional before making a decision regarding whatever topic was mentioned in this post.

User avatar
41southchile
Rank: Chile Forum Citizen
Posts: 1380
Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2017 2:39 pm
Location: Lakes Region

Re: Isapre Prices

Post by 41southchile » Mon Oct 28, 2019 3:23 pm

Shall we go and loot some flatscreen TVs down at the local Lider, due to this injustice ? It's probably a rip off , but medical care and insurance is expensive everywhere, I've really not had much to complain about from Colmena, apart from the prices , the service and tramites are within the range of what I expect in Chile.
“Whatever the cost of our libraries, the price is cheap compared to that of an ignorant nation.”

Britkid
Rank: Chile Forum Citizen
Posts: 1969
Joined: Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:59 pm
Location: Talagante area, Chile
Contact:

Re: Isapre Prices

Post by Britkid » Thu Dec 05, 2019 11:53 am

Fair points (in last post above from October 28th). However I decided to get rid of Colmena anyway. Too many price rises with weak or no explanations.

When I cancelled on the 3rd December, they said they have to charge me again at the end of December which is for January and say I have to pay 2 months more. I think you are forced to stay for the remainder of the current month, and then another complete month. They wouldn't budge on this. I want this to end in December. I won't even be in Chile in January, none of us will, so it is just a waste.

However they said that if I didn't actually pay the last month that it would just stay as a debt there but wouldn't put me in DICOM or cause problems with other ISAPRE or other financial things....however the charge comes out automatically.....so I suppose I can just call the bank and tell them not to make more payments to Colmena, and then as a backup plan leave the account balance at lower than the amount to be charged before the date they will charge?

User avatar
tiagoabner
Rank: Chile Forum Citizen
Posts: 778
Joined: Sat Mar 04, 2017 9:48 am

Re: Isapre Prices

Post by tiagoabner » Thu Dec 05, 2019 12:02 pm

Britkid wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 11:53 am
Fair points (in last post above from October 28th). However I decided to get rid of Colmena anyway. Too many price rises with weak or no explanations.

When I cancelled on the 3rd December, they said they have to charge me again at the end of December which is for January and say I have to pay 2 months more. I think you are forced to stay for the remainder of the current month, and then another complete month. They wouldn't budge on this. I want this to end in December. I won't even be in Chile in January, none of us will, so it is just a waste.

However they said that if I didn't actually pay the last month that it would just stay as a debt there but wouldn't put me in DICOM or cause problems with other ISAPRE or other financial things....however the charge comes out automatically.....so I suppose I can just call the bank and tell them not to make more payments to Colmena, and then as a backup plan leave the account balance at lower than the amount to be charged before the date they will charge?
My understanding is that you're forced to stay until the last day of the next month because Isapre coverage usually begins 2 months after you sign for a new plan. In my case, I've switched from Cruz Blanca to Consalud on November. I've paid Cruz Blanca for both November and December, and Consalud will take over by January. This way there will be no gap in coverage.
I'm NOT your lawyer, accountant or financial planner. All information at this post should be considered for your entertainment only. Consult a professional before making a decision regarding whatever topic was mentioned in this post.

Britkid
Rank: Chile Forum Citizen
Posts: 1969
Joined: Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:59 pm
Location: Talagante area, Chile
Contact:

Re: Isapre Prices

Post by Britkid » Thu Dec 05, 2019 12:05 pm

And then the other thing....can I get an ISAPRE or medical insurance that doesn't cover small costs.

I don't want to have to walk past the farmacia that doesn't work with my ISAPRE to walk 5 minutes more to queue up at the other one to have to explain which ISAPRE I have so they can give me a 2,000 discount on a 20,000 purchase. I just want to pay 20,000 at the first place. I spent most of that 2,000 saving in value of my time having to queue up and walk to the second place.

I don't want to have to get a boleto on a 30,000 doctor's appointment and then scan it and upload it only to get a message back to be told I've scanned it wrong only to have to do it again only to have to be told I have to go into their office in person for a case of this type and then get 3 emails about the status of refund and then check my bank account to finally get 10,000 of it back. By the time I get that 10,000 back it cost me that 10,000 in value of my time.

It's an inefficient system that wastes everyone's time for no gain.

Instead of saving 2000 at the farmacia and 10,000 on the doctor's appointment, I just want a lower monthly fee instead.

I don't need insurance to cover a 30,000 doctor's appointment. I need insurance to cover anything above 1,000,000 at the very least (major diseases, disabilities, cancers, operations etc) and ideally things above 100,000.

Does this exist?

Britkid
Rank: Chile Forum Citizen
Posts: 1969
Joined: Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:59 pm
Location: Talagante area, Chile
Contact:

Re: Isapre Prices

Post by Britkid » Thu Dec 05, 2019 12:08 pm

tiagoabner wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 12:02 pm

My understanding is that you're forced to stay until the last day of the next month because Isapre coverage usually begins 2 months after you sign for a new plan. In my case, I've switched from Cruz Blanca to Consalud on November. I've paid Cruz Blanca for both November and December, and Consalud will take over by January. This way there will be no gap in coverage.
I see your point but in our case I actually want a gap in coverage since we will all be out of the country for a while.

User avatar
tiagoabner
Rank: Chile Forum Citizen
Posts: 778
Joined: Sat Mar 04, 2017 9:48 am

Re: Isapre Prices

Post by tiagoabner » Thu Dec 05, 2019 12:21 pm

Britkid wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 12:08 pm
tiagoabner wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 12:02 pm

My understanding is that you're forced to stay until the last day of the next month because Isapre coverage usually begins 2 months after you sign for a new plan. In my case, I've switched from Cruz Blanca to Consalud on November. I've paid Cruz Blanca for both November and December, and Consalud will take over by January. This way there will be no gap in coverage.
I see your point but in our case I actually want a gap in coverage since we will all be out of the country for a while.
Gotcha. Just have in mind that the gap will also include the month you sign up for a new Isapre and the following month when you come back. I can't offer any insights on a basic plan like the one you were looking for, but Queplan.cl's plan comparison tool may be useful in finding a barebones plan to suit your needs.
I'm NOT your lawyer, accountant or financial planner. All information at this post should be considered for your entertainment only. Consult a professional before making a decision regarding whatever topic was mentioned in this post.

Post Reply