looking to buy land in rural area (1-5 hectares)

General topics related to Living in Chile
proger

Re: looking to buy land in rural area (1-5 hectares)

Post by proger » Wed Feb 20, 2019 1:16 pm

yeah , maybe up north?

41southchile

Post by 41southchile » Wed Feb 20, 2019 2:03 pm

41southchile wrote:
Wed Feb 20, 2019 8:15 am

Just so we are clear, There is virtually no cheap rural land in Chile of say 5 hectares available anywhere anymore, that is the reality nowadays.
As I said before and yes even up North prices are not cheap. Parcelas in Arica are even over 150 million pesos in some parts. Water is also the issue you can find cheap land but with no water in the north their is no point. The truth is there a few bargains if any left in Chile and there is probably cheaper rural land in the States/Canada or Australia actually if you are looking for remote.
In the Lakes Region Chile for 6 years. It looks like New Zealand in some ways, and is nearly at the bottom of the world too, but there the similarities end.

kw2chile

Post by kw2chile » Wed Feb 20, 2019 4:27 pm

I spent about two weeks in August 2018 and one week and half in January driving from Valdivia to Puerto Montt bouncing between coast and mountains along with about three years of internet research and have come to the following conclusions:

*disclaimer: these are only based on my observations and are not intended in any way to be fact. I am completely open to criticism on my thoughts

1-Internet research is worthless. One exception would be a general pointing in the right direction. I walked a few properties due to internet but found
much more info talking to people and looking for small signs. (handpainted ones were the best)

2-Realtors or those playing realtor online are more worthless than #1. I found especially interesting the "realtors" that would actually take a cellphone
picture of another realtors post(monitor and desk included) and repost it as their own. It is possible to talk to someone about a property who is 3
or 4 times removed from the owner who never even talked to a realtor.

3-I couldn't begin to generalize price on my spreadsheets, nothing correlated with anything else based on size and price. Location dictates price. I found this on another site and would be interested in your opinions. I found it to be somewhat true.

<REMOVED BY ADMIN>

4-Inteded use became my main criterion and every property is viewed through that lens. To even have a shot as an apicultor, I need to be more interested in the surrounding flora than other things. Basically I think that with enough time I will be able to find about 8 hectares, suitable for my purposes, within one or two hours of a "city" for about 70 million. This roughly translates to $5500USD/acre which is on par with equally suitable land in rural areas of the US.

5-Most people will tell you what they hope is happening in real estate. Ask a buyer looking to get into the market and the price is coming down, ask a seller who is invested and the price is going up. The truth is in the middle and there are always good and bad deals to be had. This opinion comes mostly from watching two boom bust cycles in Key West and I think is merely indicative of human nature.

As a side note my plans to move are on track. One more visit in March and then its two suitcases and a one way ticket in April. I have two choices on a one year house lease outside of Puerto Octay starting April 2019 then the search begins in earnest.

Travis

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Thu Feb 21, 2019 2:02 pm

41southchile wrote:
Wed Feb 20, 2019 2:03 pm
41southchile wrote:
Wed Feb 20, 2019 8:15 am

Just so we are clear, There is virtually no cheap rural land in Chile of say 5 hectares available anywhere anymore, that is the reality nowadays.
As I said before and yes even up North prices are not cheap. Parcelas in Arica are even over 150 million pesos in some parts. Water is also the issue you can find cheap land but with no water in the north their is no point. The truth is there a few bargains if any left in Chile and there is probably cheaper rural land in the States/Canada or Australia actually if you are looking for remote.
Hell, I thought the prices in most of Europe were pretty appealing relative to Chile (excluding the really high priced cities like London or Paris). That is probably just another case of there being a lot of very good reason for those prices being so cheap. :lol:
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

at46

Post by at46 » Thu Feb 21, 2019 5:32 pm

There's a Russian family apicultores who do talleres de capacitacion. Might be a useful contact for you. Google for Victor Vasiliev apicultor chile.

kw2chile

Post by kw2chile » Mon Feb 25, 2019 12:27 am

at46, Where in Chile is Victor. Google search didn't help me much found one site on page 3 that mentioned him in Araucania maybe. Thanks

at46

Post by at46 » Mon Feb 25, 2019 11:25 am

kw2chile wrote:
Mon Feb 25, 2019 12:27 am
at46, Where in Chile is Victor. Google search didn't help me much found one site on page 3 that mentioned him in Araucania maybe. Thanks
https://imgur.com/a/zauCHec