looking to buy land in rural area (1-5 hectares)

General topics related to Living in Chile
User avatar
fraggle092
Rank: Chile Forum Citizen
Posts: 1420
Joined: Fri Mar 28, 2008 6:35 pm
Location: In Chile

Re: looking to buy land in rural area (1-5 hectares)

Post by fraggle092 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:36 am

Space Cat wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:41 pm
Hey, happy to see you both finally moving to the south!

Pardon my curiosity: aren't 5 ha quiet by default? If you put a house in the center, I doubt you'll hear your neighbors often. But as far as I know, completely standalone parcelas are magnets for burglars.
Thing is that the countyside is usually quiet, and in open terrain sounds carry farther. In our parcela, I could hear our neighbour´s full-blast cumbias 700 metres away.
Après moi, le déluge

User avatar
admin
Site Admin
Posts: 17372
Joined: Sat Aug 26, 2006 11:02 pm
Location: Frutillar, Chile
Contact:

Re: looking to buy land in rural area (1-5 hectares)

Post by admin » Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:10 pm

HybridAmbassador wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:38 pm
admin wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:02 pm
FYI, i got a 3 hectar property in futalefue with a cabin on it for sale for 80 million.

client bought it years ago, and finaly decided to sell do to her getting too old to use it regularly.

not isolated by any stretch of the imagination, but about 4 km from town and directly in front of the rio espolone. water fall provides water off the glacier in back. has eletricity, and the municipality is think is even providing garbage service now.
admin, are you talking about your property you sold 3~4 years ago? The one house that the "ladrones" stripped bath tubs and toilet if remember? I kind like the pics you posted back then...Didn't know including a water fall but how about "onsen" close by?
No different property.

Actually I never sold that one. My wife and I decided we liked it too much, and pulled it off the market. The cabin on that one was never much to look at, so I was always more concerned with the thieves striping the trees than the bathroom. The trees are just fine after all these years. That one actually also included two small creeks that run all year, one is an artesian well coming directly out of the hill on the property. Kind of glad I did not sell it back then. The property prices have taken off dramatically in the last couple of years.
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

HybridAmbassador
Rank: Chile Forum Citizen
Posts: 3804
Joined: Wed Mar 28, 2012 4:19 pm

Re: looking to buy land in rural area (1-5 hectares)

Post by HybridAmbassador » Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:20 pm

admin wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:10 pm
HybridAmbassador wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:38 pm
admin wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:02 pm
FYI, i got a 3 hectar property in futalefue with a cabin on it for sale for 80 million.

client bought it years ago, and finaly decided to sell do to her getting too old to use it regularly.

not isolated by any stretch of the imagination, but about 4 km from town and directly in front of the rio espolone. water fall provides water off the glacier in back. has eletricity, and the municipality is think is even providing garbage service now.
admin, are you talking about your property you sold 3~4 years ago? The one house that the "ladrones" stripped bath tubs and toilet if remember? I kind like the pics you posted back then...Didn't know including a water fall but how about "onsen" close by?
No different property.

Actually I never sold that one. My wife and I decided we liked it too much, and pulled it off the market. The cabin on that one was never much to look at, so I was always more concerned with the thieves striping the trees than the bathroom. The trees are just fine after all these years. That one actually also included two small creeks that run all year, one is an artesian well coming directly out of the hill on the property. Kind of glad I did not sell it back then. The property prices have taken off dramatically in the last couple of years.
Oh OK. Good to hear price of your property going up. Say, where in Chile can I find parcelas with hot springs? We the Japanese love to bath in natural hot springs as many time aspossible. Someone said to me that in the south of Chile with fall and river nearby there are places that contains "Onsens" or hot springs?
HybridAmbassador. Toyota Hybrid system for helping climate change.

lost gringo
Rank: Chile Forum Citizen
Posts: 351
Joined: Fri Jul 25, 2014 4:12 pm
Location: South Park, Patagonia

Re: looking to buy land in rural area (1-5 hectares)

Post by lost gringo » Wed Feb 13, 2019 5:35 pm

There are a quite a few hot springs in southern Chile. Two well known are Termas in El Amarillo and Puyehue near Osorno/Entre Lagos.
https://www.visitchile.com/en/puyehue-hotsprings/
Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.
allegedly said by Mark Twain

User avatar
admin
Site Admin
Posts: 17372
Joined: Sat Aug 26, 2006 11:02 pm
Location: Frutillar, Chile
Contact:

Re: looking to buy land in rural area (1-5 hectares)

Post by admin » Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:19 pm

yea my property is on the puyhue volcano. the commercial thermas are on the other side of the mountain, and i have been told there are natural ones a couple hour horse back ride up in the national park. if i get ambitious i might try and drill for hot water on the property, but probably lot cheaper ways to get some hot water.
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

User avatar
admin
Site Admin
Posts: 17372
Joined: Sat Aug 26, 2006 11:02 pm
Location: Frutillar, Chile
Contact:

Re: looking to buy land in rural area (1-5 hectares)

Post by admin » Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:28 pm

here, thermas geometricas is about as Japanese as you are going to get in chile. it is near pucon / villarica.

http://www.termasgeometricas.cl/

i was told the pools were designed by a Japanese architect.

they have a higher entrance fee than the swimming pool thermas down the road, so it tends keep the families with noisy kids away.
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

HybridAmbassador
Rank: Chile Forum Citizen
Posts: 3804
Joined: Wed Mar 28, 2012 4:19 pm

Re: looking to buy land in rural area (1-5 hectares)

Post by HybridAmbassador » Thu Feb 14, 2019 4:51 pm

admin wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:28 pm
here, thermas geometricas is about as Japanese as you are going to get in chile. it is near pucon / villarica.

http://www.termasgeometricas.cl/

i was told the pools were designed by a Japanese architect.

they have a higher entrance fee than the swimming pool thermas down the road, so it tends keep the families with noisy kids away.
Great geography surrounding but seems very humid ambiance though but nevertheless interesting.

We take bathing in natural hot springs religiously in pursuit. Including monkeys ! > In Japan, hot springs bubble up everywhere, and for hundreds of years Japanese people have enjoyed them mainly for health benefits and socializing. Bathing at onsen is a great way to enjoy Japan—not just to try the various types and experience their reputed beneficial physical effects, but also to enjoy their natural settings and perhaps a leisurely stroll around the spa towns where they are often located. You might also be surprised to find that onsen waters come in different colors, green or black, for instance; many such waters are thought to help smooth the skin or relieve back pain. So, whether you’ve never tried onsen before or are already an habitué, it’s an experience not to be missed and one that you’re likely to enjoy.

https://japan-magazine.jnto.go.jp/en/am ... sight.html
HybridAmbassador. Toyota Hybrid system for helping climate change.

HybridAmbassador
Rank: Chile Forum Citizen
Posts: 3804
Joined: Wed Mar 28, 2012 4:19 pm

Re: looking to buy land in rural area (1-5 hectares)

Post by HybridAmbassador » Thu Feb 14, 2019 4:53 pm

lost gringo wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 5:35 pm
There are a quite a few hot springs in southern Chile. Two well known are Termas in El Amarillo and Puyehue near Osorno/Entre Lagos.
https://www.visitchile.com/en/puyehue-hotsprings/
lost gringo, thanks for posting. But if selfishly, rather not getting in pool like terma. Prefer the natural ones as if " al fresco" !
HybridAmbassador. Toyota Hybrid system for helping climate change.

lost gringo
Rank: Chile Forum Citizen
Posts: 351
Joined: Fri Jul 25, 2014 4:12 pm
Location: South Park, Patagonia

Re: looking to buy land in rural area (1-5 hectares)

Post by lost gringo » Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:22 pm

There are non-developed hot springs but the accessible ones are on private property and others you would need to hike or horseback to get to.
Would be worth the effort, I've been to a couple, they were great though one was really too hot, as in scalding. Termas in El Amarillo has to mix in cold water to keep the temperature acceptable.

When it's cold and snowing is my favorite time to be at the springs and we are usually alone then. Hope someday you have the opportunity to have the same experience.
Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.
allegedly said by Mark Twain

HybridAmbassador
Rank: Chile Forum Citizen
Posts: 3804
Joined: Wed Mar 28, 2012 4:19 pm

Re: looking to buy land in rural area (1-5 hectares)

Post by HybridAmbassador » Fri Feb 15, 2019 3:25 pm

lost gringo wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:22 pm
There are non-developed hot springs but the accessible ones are on private property and others you would need to hike or horseback to get to.
Would be worth the effort, I've been to a couple, they were great though one was really too hot, as in scalding. Termas in El Amarillo has to mix in cold water to keep the temperature acceptable.

When it's cold and snowing is my favorite time to be at the springs and we are usually alone then. Hope someday you have the opportunity to have the same experience.
Hmmm, very interesting in trekking/hiking on Burros to find those hidden hot springs! Possibly assembling an explorer party of less than a dozen retired folks back home to go visit those mentioned Hot Springs. We may require to hire you as Guia de exploradores ha,ha,haa. Thank you for posting..
HybridAmbassador. Toyota Hybrid system for helping climate change.

proger
Rank: Chile Forum Citizen
Posts: 85
Joined: Sat Jul 22, 2017 3:21 pm

Re: looking to buy land in rural area (1-5 hectares)

Post by proger » Sat Feb 16, 2019 12:11 am

admin- I can pay up to 5 millones per hectare, hopefully less...

tienes razón for the whole thing of cutting larger plots to fit my demands, but the truth is that I don't have a use nor the funds for big plots,let's more than 5 hectares approx...
also I know that in Uruguay for a plot up to 5 hectares there almost taxes, no idea about chile

41southchile
Rank: Chile Forum Citizen
Posts: 495
Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2017 2:39 pm
Location: Lakes Region

Re: looking to buy land in rural area (1-5 hectares)

Post by 41southchile » Sat Feb 16, 2019 6:11 pm

proger wrote:
Sat Feb 16, 2019 12:11 am
admin- I can pay up to 5 millones per hectare, hopefully less...

tienes razón for the whole thing of cutting larger plots to fit my demands, but the truth is that I don't have a use nor the funds for big plots,let's more than 5 hectares approx...
also I know that in Uruguay for a plot up to 5 hectares there almost taxes, no idea about chile
You probably won't find anything for that price for 5 hectares in Los Lagos region mainland, you MAY get lucky and find something down in Palena or in Chiloe, but you will have to be very patient. even then, thinking the cheapest I've seen in those areas is about 6 or 7 million per hectare for small plots of less than 10 hectares, those small prices per hectare will only kick in when you buy over about 100 ha and maybe less than 3 million in Chiloe and palena, but that's not your case.
There is no tax advantage of owning 5 hectares, and under the wonderful reforms of the last govt, most were revalued and nearly all pay tax, (still not huge), the tax advantages come if you declare yourself and land agriculture.
In the Lakes Region Chile for 6 years. It looks like New Zealand in some ways, and is nearly at the bottom of the world too, but there the similarities end.

Post Reply