looking to buy land in rural area (1-5 hectares)

General topics related to Living in Chile
proger

looking to buy land in rural area (1-5 hectares)

Post by proger » Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:17 pm

hello guys, me and my Chilean partner are looking for a while now to buy about 1 till 5 hectares preferably in south of chile but we are open to all suggestions.

the most important thing for us that the land will be in quite and private, we have been looking around the region of los lagos mostly in the communa of plena but with no luck till now, most of the properties are along main routs and the houses are close to each other, which is a surprising problem in chile, i thought there will more real rural lands like in Uruguay but most of the lands are small parcelas in the middle of remote(or not) highways, there is people everywhere! maybe only in the antartic chile its less condense but ill freeze my life away over there...

if someone here know a way to search for piece of land or know someone who can help will be great help. thanks for the helpers

Space Cat

Re: looking to buy land in rural area (1-5 hectares)

Post by Space Cat » Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:41 pm

Hey, happy to see you both finally moving to the south!

Pardon my curiosity: aren't 5 ha quiet by default? If you put a house in the center, I doubt you'll hear your neighbors often. But as far as I know, completely standalone parcelas are magnets for burglars.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:54 pm

your having problems finding something in palena that is quiet and remote?

are you sure you are in palena?

i guess that is very subjective. if you want easy access, then you give "quite and private", pretty much everywhere.

still in paleana, assuming you are o.k. with the access problem, that is pretty easy to do.
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:55 pm

what is your price range?

need to check because people go down there with unreal price expectations.

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

proger

Post by proger » Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:51 pm

yes, in palena been living here next to hornopiren for a while if you recon...
about the price range let me get back to you

41southchile

Post by 41southchile » Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:58 am

Yeah there's people everywhere it is quite surprising as you mention, even little shops with the red and white coca cola signs seem to be everywhere. I guess it was the land reforms where people were given small plots of land as well ? Rural areas in Los Lagos are not deserted that's for sure.
Comuna Loncotoro Lakes Region Chile

fraggle092

Post by fraggle092 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:11 am

There are plenty of areas of this type in Tierra del Fuego. Thing is that homo sapiens is a social, if not particularly sociable animal.
To live in isolation first of all needs building and maintaining a road to get to the property, assuming it connects directly to some form of public highway. Otherwise you need to know what a Servidumbre is.Then you will have to be able to at least be capable of maintaining your own power source. You will be completely reliant on your vehicles, unless you plan on keeping horses, which also require looking after. Cellular towers are installed where people use them, so an unpopulated area won't have much, if any coverage. Satellite internet is available; its slow and expensive. In fact everything about living in splendid isolation is expensive, and hard work as well; you will have to do things that are normally someone else's job in more developed areas.

Here's a site by homo ludens that you may find interesting, although it hasn't been updated for several years.....
He is Chilean btw, hence naturally immune to the many pillerías that can befall naive and trusting newcomers.
Après moi, le déluge

nwdiver

Post by nwdiver » Mon Feb 11, 2019 4:08 pm

You want isolation there are lots of small plots out in the islands off Chiloe, but you have to be marine competent......no ferries to most of them but lots of quiet....
It's all about the wine.

proger

Post by proger » Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:56 pm

fraggle- I'm not looking to be that extreme isolation, I don't mind to have people around me. just not that close and many.

and yeah I've been in those islands around Chiloe, it's cool but the ferries things seems too much of a downside, or not? hard for me to know really...

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:54 pm

the problem with say even 5 hectares is that someone needs to cut it out of their larger land lot. which no one wants to cut in the center, and not many people are interested in a remote edge of their property, that would require special access, so that leaves the front, public access property, where everyone lives. all that for relatively little bit of money, that cost money to subdivide and register.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:02 pm

FYI, i got a 3 hectar property in futalefue with a cabin on it for sale for 80 million.

client bought it years ago, and finaly decided to sell do to her getting too old to use it regularly.

not isolated by any stretch of the imagination, but about 4 km from town and directly in front of the rio espolone. water fall provides water off the glacier in back. has eletricity, and the municipality is think is even providing garbage service now.

HybridAmbassador

Post by HybridAmbassador » Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:38 pm

admin wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:02 pm
FYI, i got a 3 hectar property in futalefue with a cabin on it for sale for 80 million.

client bought it years ago, and finaly decided to sell do to her getting too old to use it regularly.

not isolated by any stretch of the imagination, but about 4 km from town and directly in front of the rio espolone. water fall provides water off the glacier in back. has eletricity, and the municipality is think is even providing garbage service now.
admin, are you talking about your property you sold 3~4 years ago? The one house that the "ladrones" stripped bath tubs and toilet if remember? I kind like the pics you posted back then...Didn't know including a water fall but how about "onsen" close by?
HybridAmbassador. Toyota Hybrid system for helping climate change.