record heat in the south of chile

General topics related to Living in Chile
mem

Re: record heat in the south of chile

Post by mem » Fri Feb 08, 2019 1:18 pm

Ah yes, I just saw this article today in the Washington Compost. Apparently it is not just us getting the heat wave. That makes me feel better for some reason. I feel for the people in Australia and South Africa getting it ever worse than Region 9 and the river and lakes regions due south.

South Africa wasn't mentioned in the article, but we know some people that live there and they have been contending with 46C!
Highest is got here was 36C, so I guess we should be counting our blessings. Adelaide OZ is around 116F...

So southern Chile has had it relatively easy for this heat wave. Even us inland lemmings ; )

Wowee I am loving this 9K BTU portable AC unit (procured from Falabella the Godfather)...I have been running it 24/7 since Sunday and it keeps our downstairs nice and cool. As I mentioned, after draining 20-30 liters of water out of the air it has stayed pretty bone dry on the water output the last few days. My computing equipment is happy as a clam...my computer fans are phoning it in and even my kids complain it's too cold...muhahahahaha :wink:

Julito

Re: record heat in the south of chile

Post by Julito » Fri Feb 08, 2019 2:32 pm

Yes Adelaide Oz recently took over from Melbourne as the state capital to record the hottest temperature. I think it was something like 48C with small towns further North reaching 50C. My parents copped 46C 200kms North of Melbourne 2 weeks ago but by Australian Summer standards it isn´t unusual for it to reach that somewhere in the country on any given day. It´s only when it continues for several consecutive days it becomes a bit newsworthy.