map of U.S. military bases, chile get's left off

General topics related to Living in Chile
admin
Site Admin

map of U.S. military bases, chile get's left off

Post by admin » Sun Jan 20, 2019 2:05 pm

so here is a fun map, published by the Smithsonian showing u.s. military bases and activity around the world:

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019-01- ... -countries

just a few missing, like chile.

it is not even a secret that u.s. has permently stationed personel, bases, and research facilities in chile. couple years ago they signed a joint research agreement, have joint military exercises, etc. you can walk around vina and run in to u.s. navy personel.

i believe peru also has a perment u.s. presense.
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

mem

Re: map of U.S. military bases, chile get's left off

Post by mem » Sun Jan 20, 2019 3:44 pm

Huh, I have seen maps like this for the last few years and I've never seen a US perm base shown in chile on them

I looked into this a bit and it appears there is something called a US base called Fort Aguayo northwest of Santiago, which is for urban cross training, peace keeping between the US and Chile as well as other south american countries. It was built during the Obama years for less than 500k USD (surprising so cheap) and has 8 buildings on it. I am guessing it isnt quite comprable to what typically passes as a foreign US base like Diego Garcia for example that is full of US war machinery and used to project power worldwide, launch bombing runs, etc
The US navy people seen near the port cities are probably on leave from a US aircraft carrier(full mobile US base) docked in the port

I'm not sure why there isnt even a junior mention of Fort Aguayo here: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of ... tary_bases

It would be interesting to map this out if a good list isnt already out there for Chile

at46

Post by at46 » Sun Jan 20, 2019 4:14 pm

Maybe we can all point out the ones that we know. I'll start: https://www.google.com/maps/place/Aerop ... 71.4827226 Notice the soccer field - at an airport :)

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Sun Jan 20, 2019 6:36 pm

when i lived in vina, our apartment was near the naval base, we had all sort of neighbors in the building that were active u.s. navy advisors to the chilan navy. we also had more than few that retired in chile, after having been advisors in chile for years.

couple years ago there was a research and testing agreement signed with the u.s. military and chile. it was announced in national papers. i suspect the u.s. military wanted somewhere to test new tech, where china and russia had less sat coverage and resources.

all those UFO sightings are alien, just they were invited aliens. china and russia started scrambling to set up "telemetry" sites in the southern hemisphere shortly after that announcement.

i actuely believe i have seen a hypersonic something being tested in southern chile. my brother in law was with me when i seen it.

I am pretty sure there is nothing in the chilean military inventory that can fly much faster than about mach 2 (ok i'm being generious here). i watched something flying way faster than mach 2 coming off the pacific heading east one night, about 2 A.M. when there are very few planes in southern chile. there is almost never even a comercial flight on that route, simply because there is not whole lot people to transport in this part of the world.

it reached about chiloe, at about 30,000+ feet, probably flying at something around mach 2-4 as it came in off the pacific, and then it accellerated to something around mach 10 or better, while gaining altitude, and disapeared over argentina in less than 5 seconds, max. it was probably better than 50,000 to 80,000+ feet when it was out of site.

how do i know how fast it was going? there are very few planes in southern chile, and they fly over my house. i have a very good feel for how far and fast a commercial jet takes to get from point A to point B in the nieghborhood, and the distance between the major land marks. i have flown them in small planes, drove them on the ground, and flown in the commercial jets. i have also watched the training dog fights the chilean military does over the lake and around the mountains, with f-16s with afterburners on. they are fast, but not that fast. for instance it takes them at least 3-5 mins to go from chiloe to the mountains (along the argentina boarder) in an f-16. this thing did it in seconds.

so there is a lot more military activity in the southern hemisphere than makes the international press, and not just the americans are here.
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.