electric vehicles in chile

General topics related to Living in Chile
at46

Re: electric vehicles in chile

Post by at46 » Mon Mar 04, 2019 10:44 am

Britkid wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 10:01 am
From an environmental perspective, what's needed is less gas and diesel cars. Doesn't really matter whether that's replacing gas/diesel with electric, or more ride sharing or more public transport. Either achieves similar results from a CO2 and pollution reduction perspective.
It's not just about gas or diesel, it's about the weight of your transportation device vs. the weight of your body, the device's resistance to rolling and the efficiency coefficient of the engine/motor.

The easiest and quickest bang for the buck can be achieved right now by beefing up existing public transportation options and refitting cars and buses to run on LPG/NPG.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Fri Mar 08, 2019 4:24 pm

hey, there is now a whole 41 electric cars sold in chile.

https://www.df.cl/noticias/empresas/ind ... 53447.html
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

Julito

Post by Julito » Sat Mar 09, 2019 11:53 am

Depends what they´re actually counting as an electric vehicle. www.smartcargo.cl
Got it from the the horses mouth the Santiago Municipalidad just bought the entire next shipment of the Truck R3 1.8 which lands late this month. I didn´t ask how many it was but the business is doing very very well. The following shipment arrives late April early May and some are already pre-sold Got the graphics ready and it´ll be a rather novel hotel shopping trolley. A bit of fun....

at46

Post by at46 » Sat Mar 09, 2019 3:18 pm

Julito wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2019 11:53 am
Depends what they´re actually counting as an electric vehicle. www.smartcargo.cl
Got it from the the horses mouth the Santiago Municipalidad just bought the entire next shipment of the Truck R3 1.8 which lands late this month. I didn´t ask how many it was but the business is doing very very well. The following shipment arrives late April early May and some are already pre-sold Got the graphics ready and it´ll be a rather novel hotel shopping trolley. A bit of fun....
Looking through their line-up I'm already seeing myself wearing a turban and meditating on the side of the road when the battery runs out, wondering what do the owners of this outfit drive?

Julito

Post by Julito » Sat Mar 09, 2019 4:40 pm

Hahaha... as I said, a bit of fun.
Only the Truck R3 range can be registered for the road in Chile and with a top speed of 45kph only an idiot would attempt to go any serious distance, turbulance from a truck or bus´d probably blow it into the weeds. Range depends on how big a bank of batteries you want installed. I went mid range which should last about a month before needing a recharge.
It´ll never leave town and the furtherest it´ll go is the occasional 5km round trip to and from Sodimac. Otherwise it´ll just be used daily to and from the supermercardo and for tooling around town. It´s also small and boxy enough to be tucked out of the way in a corner of the carpark without taking up a full bay.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Sun Mar 10, 2019 7:48 am

at46 wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2019 3:18 pm
Julito wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2019 11:53 am
Looking through their line-up I'm already seeing myself wearing a turban and meditating on the side of the road when the battery runs out, wondering what do the owners of this outfit drive?
more like i can see being dead on the side of the road after some semitruck get's you caught in their wheel well and does not even realize they ran over anything.

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

Julito

Post by Julito » Sun Mar 10, 2019 8:21 am

Funny, sorta like road kill... It won´t be out on roads, just here in streets. With a top speed of only 45kph take it out on the highways and byways frustrated drivers´d be chucking rocks at it.

Britkid

Post by Britkid » Sun Mar 10, 2019 2:46 pm

The number of 41 electric cars sold is the number for January and February 2019 (for those 2 months). The total number reached so far all time for Chile is in the hundreds..maybe about 300.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Sun Mar 10, 2019 5:31 pm

Julito wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2019 8:21 am
Funny, sorta like road kill... It won´t be out on roads, just here in streets. With a top speed of only 45kph take it out on the highways and byways frustrated drivers´d be chucking rocks at it.

i would throw rocks at those super under powered Suzuki compact cars on the road that insist on causing traffic jams just by existing, and would blow apart if they ever broke above 80 kmh, except they might roll over from the force of the rock.

never mind the asses that drive their under powered scooters or chinese motorcycles on the freeway with no tail lights. the horse and buggies i can live with (at least i know they got one horse power under the hood), and the horse will probably win in a fight because it weighs more than most vehicals on the road.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Sun Mar 10, 2019 5:41 pm

really as energy efficiency goes, there are thousands of things chile should be doing long before they spend hundreds of billiins on eletric cars. i don't know, like don't make drivers go 5 km one direction just to turn around and drive 5 km back to get to a place just across the street from where they started. something thst 10,000 pesos worth of signs would have saved thousands of liters of gas per year.

use some modern autocad software to optimise traffic flows and intersections. dont just scribble crap on a piece of paper.

Julito

Post by Julito » Mon Mar 11, 2019 8:50 am

Or walk. I´ve seen people drive 300 meters to play a game of tennis.

at46

Post by at46 » Wed Apr 17, 2019 7:10 pm

Interesting article. Tesla's Long-Range Model 3 Has A Heavier CO2 Footprint Than Toyota's Camry Hybrid https://seekingalpha.com/article/425499 ... block=true
Also, this:
Electric vehicles will barely help cut CO2 emissions in Germany over the coming years, as the introduction of electric vehicles does not necessarily lead to a reduction in CO2 emissions from road traffic. Natural gas combustion engines are the ideal technology for transitioning to vehicles powered by hydrogen or “green” methane in the long term.
http://www.cesifo-group.de/ifoHome/pres ... autos.html