Banco Estado down

General topics related to Living in Chile
fraggle092

Banco Estado down

Post by fraggle092 » Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:01 pm

For the last hour or so, www.bancoestado.cl has been unavailable. Maybe a DDOS attack masking some other intrusion, as happened recently with Banco Chile. Or maybe a cleaner unplugged a server to plug in a vaccuum cleaner....who knows.
Hasn't made the news yet.

Update: Partially back up since that last. Outage lasted around an hour.
Après moi, le déluge

Gloria

Re: Banco Estado down

Post by Gloria » Wed Dec 05, 2018 2:51 pm

fraggle092 wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:01 pm

Update: Partially back up since that last. Outage lasted around an hour.
Imagine what will happen if Santiago gets The Mother of all quakes! (They just got a 5.2 but nothing to write home about). Soo keeping cash under the mattress is a must.
I'm from the generation of common sense, wisdom and unfiltered answers. I sayeth as I seeth.

eeuunikkeiexpat
Location: Megalith of unknown origin near my digs, south V Region coast

Post by eeuunikkeiexpat » Wed Dec 05, 2018 2:59 pm

Nothing to write home about but that MF temblor ruined my grocery shopping and withdraw at the ATM day (I could have verified the BE outage). I was in the cleaning products section at Lider when it hit, a sharp violent noisy up and down movement that knocked stuff off the shelves breaking and spilling the contents on the floor. Afterwards, the employees and guards rushed everyone out of the building.

When I got back, nothing on 24 Horas. If the same shake happened in Santiasco, everyone would be hyperventilating and going on and on about it for the next four hours...pussies that they are :mrgreen:

From my years of experience on the active coast though this felt stronger than a measly 5.2, should be about 5.8 or slightly more.
Generally, just a SPAM KILLER. You are on your own in this forum. My personal mission here is done.

BUT when necessary, by way of ridicule and truth revelation we shalt do war.

--eeuunikkeiexpat

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Wed Dec 05, 2018 3:44 pm

my wife was in a taxi in santiago when it hit. she reported a 5.5. the fact that everyone felt it and is talking about it, makes me suspect it was bigger than 5.5. a 5.5 in a car like hitying a speed bump.
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Wed Dec 05, 2018 3:44 pm

my wife was in a taxi in santiago when it hit. she reported a 5.5. the fact that everyone felt it and is talking about it, makes me suspect it was bigger than 5.5. a 5.5 in a car is like hitting a speed bump.

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Wed Dec 05, 2018 4:09 pm

strange. since when does a 5.2 make the bloomberg news ticker?

at46

Post by at46 » Wed Dec 05, 2018 4:17 pm

eeuunikkeiexpat wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 2:59 pm
Nothing to write home about but that MF temblor ruined my grocery shopping and withdraw at the ATM day (I could have verified the BE outage). I was in the cleaning products section at Lider when it hit, a sharp violent noisy up and down movement that knocked stuff off the shelves breaking and spilling the contents on the floor. Afterwards, the employees and guards rushed everyone out of the building.

When I got back, nothing on 24 Horas. If the same shake happened in Santiasco, everyone would be hyperventilating and going on and on about it for the next four hours...pussies that they are :mrgreen:

From my years of experience on the active coast though this felt stronger than a measly 5.2, should be about 5.8 or slightly more.
Looks like you were right on top of it. I didn't feel it, but i think I was driving around that time.

Gloria

Post by Gloria » Wed Dec 05, 2018 4:49 pm

eeuunikkeiexpat wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 2:59 pm
I was in the cleaning products section at Lider when it hit, a sharp violent noisy up and down movement that knocked stuff off the shelves breaking and spilling the contents on the floor.
A good place and moment to remember to get toilet paper! :D
I'm from the generation of common sense, wisdom and unfiltered answers. I sayeth as I seeth.

eeuunikkeiexpat

Post by eeuunikkeiexpat » Wed Dec 05, 2018 6:26 pm

Strange, I don't see a series of 3 pointers as aftershocks on the UC sismo site.

To add to the story, in the past week, there have been a lot of small temblors offshore Navidad (SW of San Antonio) which is normal for this area. Then after around 24 hours of silence, this firm jolt which if this was what the recent activity was building to one would see a normal pattern of immediate aftershocks. But no. Might check on my water storage and rotate some containers with new water and check on other stuff in the next hours...
Generally, just a SPAM KILLER. You are on your own in this forum. My personal mission here is done.

--eeuunikkeiexpat

RuneTheChookcha

Post by RuneTheChookcha » Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:27 pm

It felt stronger than 5.5 here in Valpo, as I was shopping outdoors, at the feria. It was like a one-time, very short, but serious hit. Dogs barking, auto alarms signalling, vendor's stalls shaking, people reacting, making phone calls to one another.

eeuunikkeiexpat

Post by eeuunikkeiexpat » Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:21 pm

I remember the last time I got concerned when it was like two poles working off each other Navidad/San Antonio alternating with offshore Valpo.

Remember forumites, there are two sections of the plate in Chile that need to release, the far north and offshore Valpo.

Salud.

--eeuunikkeiexpat

eeuunikkeiexpat

Post by eeuunikkeiexpat » Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:43 pm

Another strange thing that just occurred to me. Just like "Paradise" California (a state deeper in shit then they realize) was recently destroyed by Mother Nature wildfires, the name of the town closest to the quake activity is what in English (given the less than three week time frame)?

--eeuunikkeiexpat