New name for Santiago Airport

General topics related to Living in Chile
User avatar
fraggle092
Rank: Chile Forum Citizen
Posts: 1445
Joined: Fri Mar 28, 2008 6:35 pm
Location: In Chile

Re: New name for Santiago Airport

Post by fraggle092 » Sat Nov 24, 2018 8:22 pm

Here's the official photo of one of the members of that parliamentary commission, diputado "Florcita Motuda".
Worth every peso of his $6.602.482 basic net salary, I'm sure.
.
800px-Raúl_Florcita_Alarcón_Rojas_(2018).jpg
I see on their webpage that this commission has recently proposed renaming La Florida, our local airport in La Serena, to "Gabriela Mistral". Nice blocking move there.
Après moi, le déluge

Donnybrook
Rank: Chile Forum Citizen
Posts: 3216
Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2011 10:34 am
Location: Santiago, Chile

Re: New name for Santiago Airport

Post by Donnybrook » Sat Nov 24, 2018 11:00 pm

Everyone still calls it, and will still call it, Pudahuel.

Britkid
Rank: Chile Forum Citizen
Posts: 1693
Joined: Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:59 pm
Location: Talagante area, Chile
Contact:

Re: New name for Santiago Airport

Post by Britkid » Sun Nov 25, 2018 12:42 pm

I am not sure what that wierd plastic thing is on his head but you can't judge someone so heavily just based on their appearance (within reason).

I think I saw that guy on the news a while ago, saying why not just give Bolivia the access to the sea it's just good to be nice and friendly to people and it will lead to peace and good relations. Maybe he's right?

I and others I know (Chileans) sometimes just call the airport "the airport". You don't really need to add the name unless you were going to some smaller, lesser known airport.
In 2014/2015 I blogged about my life in Chile. http://web.archive.org/web/201601121940 ... age_id=268

AnciaVagar
Rank: Chile Forum Citizen
Posts: 173
Joined: Mon Sep 05, 2016 4:52 pm

Re: New name for Santiago Airport

Post by AnciaVagar » Sun Nov 25, 2018 7:47 pm

Britkid wrote:
Sun Nov 25, 2018 12:42 pm
...it's just good to be nice and friendly to people and it will lead to peace and good relations. Maybe he's right?...
That always worked before, right?

User avatar
41southchile
Rank: Chile Forum Citizen
Posts: 569
Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2017 2:39 pm
Location: Lakes Region

Re: New name for Santiago Airport

Post by 41southchile » Mon Nov 26, 2018 8:48 am

fraggle092 wrote:
Sat Nov 24, 2018 8:22 pm
Here's the official photo of one of the members of that parliamentary commission, diputado "Florcita Motuda".
Worth every peso of his $6.602.482 basic net salary, I'm sure.
.
800px-Raúl_Florcita_Alarcón_Rojas_(2018).jpg

I see on their webpage that this commission has recently proposed renaming La Florida, our local airport in La Serena, to "Gabriela Mistral". Nice blocking move there.
Oh yeah totally worth his 6 and a half palos and all his other expenses, nit sure what kind of statement he is trying make. I think I saw somewhere once that Chilean politicos are some of the most highly paid in the world, senators are up around 9 or 10 million a month, plus all the other benefits
Comuna Loncotoro Lakes Region Chile

User avatar
eeuunikkeiexpat
Rank: Chile Forum Citizen
Posts: 7421
Joined: Fri Sep 01, 2006 1:38 am
Location: Megalith of unknown origin near my digs, south V Region coast

Re: New name for Santiago Airport

Post by eeuunikkeiexpat » Mon Nov 26, 2018 10:12 am

41southchile wrote:
Mon Nov 26, 2018 8:48 am
fraggle092 wrote:
Sat Nov 24, 2018 8:22 pm
Here's the official photo of one of the members of that parliamentary commission, diputado "Florcita Motuda".
Worth every peso of his $6.602.482 basic net salary, I'm sure.
.
800px-Raúl_Florcita_Alarcón_Rojas_(2018).jpg

I see on their webpage that this commission has recently proposed renaming La Florida, our local airport in La Serena, to "Gabriela Mistral". Nice blocking move there.
Oh yeah totally worth his 6 and a half palos and all his other expenses, nit sure what kind of statement he is trying make. I think I saw somewhere once that Chilean politicos are some of the most highly paid in the world, senators are up around 9 or 10 million a month, plus all the other benefits
https://www.24horas.cl/politica/cambiod ... do-2663201

Who the hell voted for this prick?

And the virtually just out of their parents house never having a real job Karol and Camila, of course, pretty faces, all makes sense.
Generally, just a SPAM KILLER. You are on your own in this forum. My personal mission here is done.

BUT when necessary, by way of ridicule and truth revelation we shalt do war.

--eeuunikkeiexpat

User avatar
admin
Site Admin
Posts: 17543
Joined: Sat Aug 26, 2006 11:02 pm
Location: Frutillar, Chile
Contact:

Re: New name for Santiago Airport

Post by admin » Mon Nov 26, 2018 1:01 pm

how about we just call it the "santiago airport". you can add "international" if you want to make sure it is not confused with the air strips.

it is not like we have 10 diffrent airports to identify. i jump in a taxi in santiago and tell them i want to go to the airport, the driver is not going to ask me which one.

we don't even need to change the "SCL" designation.
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

User avatar
fraggle092
Rank: Chile Forum Citizen
Posts: 1445
Joined: Fri Mar 28, 2008 6:35 pm
Location: In Chile

Re: New name for Santiago Airport

Post by fraggle092 » Mon Nov 26, 2018 5:46 pm

41southchile wrote:
Mon Nov 26, 2018 8:48 am
Oh yeah totally worth his 6 and a half palos and all his other expenses, nit sure what kind of statement he is trying make. I think I saw somewhere once that Chilean politicos are some of the most highly paid in the world, senators are up around 9 or 10 million a month, plus all the other benefits
Yeah, as I mentioned that's basic take-home pay. But take a look at the bottom line on the pic.
.
TH26-sueldos-del-congreso-1-1.jpg
...its friggin scandalous, given this country's mediocre governance.
Of course they get to set their own pay and benefits.
Après moi, le déluge

User avatar
fraggle092
Rank: Chile Forum Citizen
Posts: 1445
Joined: Fri Mar 28, 2008 6:35 pm
Location: In Chile

Re: New name for Santiago Airport

Post by fraggle092 » Mon Nov 26, 2018 6:09 pm

eeuunikkeiexpat wrote:
Mon Nov 26, 2018 10:12 am
And the virtually just out of their parents house never having a real job Karol and Camila, of course, pretty faces, all makes sense.
Another example: Jorge Sharp
From an upper-middle-class family.
Straight from 30-odd-year-old student political activist to Mayor of Valparaiso.
.
3282529_n_vir3.jpg
The pols here often pull this type of sh*t and think that nobody notices.
Après moi, le déluge

User avatar
eeuunikkeiexpat
Rank: Chile Forum Citizen
Posts: 7421
Joined: Fri Sep 01, 2006 1:38 am
Location: Megalith of unknown origin near my digs, south V Region coast

Re: New name for Santiago Airport

Post by eeuunikkeiexpat » Mon Nov 26, 2018 6:43 pm

Sharpie has been good for San Antonio as Valpo has lost 3/4 of of the cruise line business since he has been running the place.
Generally, just a SPAM KILLER. You are on your own in this forum. My personal mission here is done.

BUT when necessary, by way of ridicule and truth revelation we shalt do war.

--eeuunikkeiexpat

User avatar
41southchile
Rank: Chile Forum Citizen
Posts: 569
Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2017 2:39 pm
Location: Lakes Region

Re: New name for Santiago Airport

Post by 41southchile » Mon Nov 26, 2018 11:55 pm

fraggle092 wrote:
Mon Nov 26, 2018 6:09 pm
eeuunikkeiexpat wrote:
Mon Nov 26, 2018 10:12 am
And the virtually just out of their parents house never having a real job Karol and Camila, of course, pretty faces, all makes sense.
Another example: Jorge Sharp
From an upper-middle-class family.
Straight from 30-odd-year-old student political activist to Mayor of Valparaiso.
.
3282529_n_vir3.jpg
The pols here often pull this type of sh*t and think that nobody notices.
Friggin puppet put in by FA, when they saw there was a ground swell of a citizens movement in Valpo to try and sort out the shit state that the city was in, FA swooned in at the last minute screwed over all the locals by promising the world with their man.
He has been an absolute dick head and lawyered up on everything, consulting only with his buddies in FA, and about as effective as tits on a bull in Valpo, he has shot himself in the foot as he has lost most if his allies in the city council . FA are no different to any other politicos all about themselves and getting token positions of power rather than any supposedly being about the people, (there maybe a few of them in there who in their own minds think they are doing something good for society,
but they are the minority) and of course Sharp being a wee lawyer he knows all the tricks in the book he might say the right things in front of the press, but he won't be around after 2020..
Comuna Loncotoro Lakes Region Chile

User avatar
admin
Site Admin
Posts: 17543
Joined: Sat Aug 26, 2006 11:02 pm
Location: Frutillar, Chile
Contact:

Re: New name for Santiago Airport

Post by admin » Tue Nov 27, 2018 6:05 am

the FA is just the latest attempt to rebrand the communist party. a couple turns at the wheel, to let everyone see just how incompetent they are, and i am sure they will rebrand themselves again for the next election.
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

Post Reply