getting married Israeli to chilena? in chile

General topics related to Living in Chile
proger

getting married Israeli to chilena? in chile

Post by proger » Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:43 am

hi all. me and my girlfriend thinking about doing it but we both don't really know the process as I am just Israeli with a tourist visa that I renew time and time again.

what benefits or downwards to marrige here?. I'm quite scared alltoght we want to do it.

is it recomanded to hire an attorney or something like that?

is it better to do it first in israel?

any help will be very much appreciated

dmwbmw2

Re: getting married Israeli to chilena? in chile

Post by dmwbmw2 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:33 am

Chilenas, as a general rule and of course there are exceptions, do not do well outside of Chile away from their family. So if you are thinking Plan B is to move back to Israel, this may not be workable. Anything she says now one way or the other is likely not to be taken seriously either.

I would also think Israel would be much more difficult a change than say Canada or the USA.

So given that you likely would be committing to Chle you should make a huge effort to get your immigration status regularized.

You have already made your life way more complicated by not taking action a year ago.

I know this doesnt answer your questions, and probably Im telling you something you already know, but it is intended to be helpful......

41southchile

Post by 41southchile » Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:16 am

Go to the registro civil and book an appointment, you will need your cedula de identitad or passport, it's free to do it there I think during office hours, but costs if you want someone to come to your house or somewhere else. You don't need an attorney but you do need witnesses for the ceremony, at least two. All the best.
In the Lakes Region Chile for 6 years. It looks like New Zealand in some ways, and is nearly at the bottom of the world too, but there the similarities end.

nwdiver

Post by nwdiver » Mon Apr 23, 2018 3:38 pm

Civil marriage in Chile as pointed, out then, apply for a visa as a spouse.........just hope they don't make you go back to Israel to apply........as noted above the rules are a changing......
It's all about the wine.

HybridAmbassador

Post by HybridAmbassador » Mon Apr 23, 2018 4:00 pm

proger, if marrying that Chilena, does she needin' to change her religion to yours? My friend a Jewish residing in Maryland long time ago married a catholic religion Philippine girl but she had to renounce her religion and adopt his Jewish one to be able to be accepted in the family?
HybridAmbassador. Toyota Hybrid system for helping climate change.

nwdiver

Post by nwdiver » Tue Apr 24, 2018 2:40 pm

HybridAmbassador wrote:
Mon Apr 23, 2018 4:00 pm
proger, if marrying that Chilena, does she needin' to change her religion to yours? My friend a Jewish residing in Maryland long time ago married a catholic religion Philippine girl but she had to renounce her religion and adopt his Jewish one to be able to be accepted in the family?
It's not a family acceptance thing so much as a matriarchal thing Jewishness is only through the mother, never know who the father might be........also may be a Christian or Arab Israeli.......
It's all about the wine.

proger

Post by proger » Thu Apr 26, 2018 1:08 pm

HybridAmbassador wrote:
Mon Apr 23, 2018 4:00 pm
nop, im not a religious person